Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Silfverberg Snipes

Playoff Beards?

77 posts in this topic

Kind of a newbie at the playoff traditions here. Can anybody fill me in on the things you do throughout the playoffs? The playoff beard is obvious, but I'd like to hear the other wacky things that people do!

Now for my question. If your growing your playoff beard, do you have to shave on the first day of the playoffs and then let it grow? Or do you just start growing it whenever you feel like? Reason being is my beard grows pretty slowly (only 17) and I'd like to give it plenty of growing time before the Canucks hoist lord stanley! :)

I start letting the beard grow normally the day after the season is over

We wave towels till our arms fall off and we yell until our throats are dry as the Arizona desert :towel:

i think typically when the season finishes you can get a fresh shave and let it grow. ive done it for years, but after last year, i think i will pass on the tradition this year. i hate having a beard, and obviously when the canucks go all the way to the cup, having 1.5-2 months of facial hair is just ugggggggh. have fun!

Should have started growing a beard on Sunday, so just start now. I personally start early because it's my own tradition.

I also don't get a haircut until the playoffs are over.

I did the beard last playoffs, itched like hell and they lost. Think I may shave this year.

Barely any of the Canucks actually had a beard last season...

I shaved on Sunday morning for the last time until June.

40th jersey on every game day.

Canucks cape throughout the school day when we advance.

Walk around with a stick w/white towel if we lose a series.

Playoff bea- .. peach fuzz.

I have an old jersey I wear whenever we face elimination. It's covered in blood, alcohol, puke, etc. stains from good parties/fights/whatever that have happened in the past. It has never been washed, only thrown in the drier to kill any odours. It's whacky but it's my tradition.

I also drink beer in large amounts during the playoffs. If anyone tries to impose on this I declare it a tradition and that it is not possible for me to stop or the Nucks might lose.

I'm only 13 so a stache it is for me!

i start the beard Wednesday.... and i also go for 3/4 big gulp 1/4 slurpy been doing that for a while...

Im 16 and i would look awful if i grown a beard...

The best I can do is grow leg hair.. but that's not happening because it's spring. :lol:

I may attempt another 'beard' this time around.. but I doubt it.. damn patch spots that dont grow hair :( I may do a stache or just a goatee

Last year was the first time I grew out a playoff beard and we went all the way to the SCF. I'm still contemplating whether or not I should attempt to grow another one though, I hate growing facial hair.