The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Playoff Beards?

Silfverberg Snipes

Kind of a newbie at the playoff traditions here. Can anybody fill me in on the things you do throughout the playoffs? The playoff beard is obvious, but I'd like to hear the other wacky things that people do!

Now for my question. If your growing your playoff beard, do you have to shave on the first day of the playoffs and then let it grow? Or do you just start growing it whenever you feel like? Reason being is my beard grows pretty slowly (only 17) and I'd like to give it plenty of growing time before the Canucks hoist lord stanley! :)

i think typically when the season finishes you can get a fresh shave and let it grow. ive done it for years, but after last year, i think i will pass on the tradition this year. i hate having a beard, and obviously when the canucks go all the way to the cup, having 1.5-2 months of facial hair is just ugggggggh. have fun!

I have an old jersey I wear whenever we face elimination. It's covered in blood, alcohol, puke, etc. stains from good parties/fights/whatever that have happened in the past. It has never been washed, only thrown in the drier to kill any odours. It's whacky but it's my tradition.

I also drink beer in large amounts during the playoffs. If anyone tries to impose on this I declare it a tradition and that it is not possible for me to stop or the Nucks might lose.

Archived