The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Playoff Beards?

Silfverberg Snipes

I have a thin chinstrap now, that will be shaved off tomorrow night, along with one last final thorough shave around my face before I go to bed, and from that point on, its up to the Canucks on how long I dont have to pick up my shaver. Last year was the first time I took part with this tradition, and being a brown guy, it grew pretty large for 2 months. I do shave underneath my chin and on the neck, dont like having hair down there, a Johnny Canuck type beard is fine by me.

Shaved Sat night after the game, now it stays untill we win!!! I always keep a beard the GF thinks I look like a 12 yr old without one, got it pretty crazy last year. Come the finals I got people commenting on it at every game. It was very Shea Weber esque.

Last year I started mine when the Canucks clinched a playoff spot....

beardfinal.jpg

Needless to say it was pretty ragged by the time Game 7 of the Finals rolled around. (Low quality picture since it was a self portrait taken via a dirty old mirror on a dirty old ship).

This year the last time I shaved was just after the Oilers game.

Last year I started mine when the Canucks clinched a playoff spot....

beardfinal.jpg

Needless to say it was pretty ragged by the time Game 7 of the Finals rolled around. (Low quality picture since it was a self portrait taken via a dirty old mirror on a dirty old ship).

This year the last time I shaved was just after the Oilers game.

Archived