The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Can We Have A Section For "canucks Fans" Only?

Bodee

Am I the only one tired of the infantile exaggeration and budgie brained, Playstation jockey lack of realistic opinion on these boards?

Half the time its like overhearing some junior school lunchtime conversations. What frightens me most though is the thought that many of these people are adults.

Theme of the day, is theme for every day. This player's a beast, that player should be in the press box and then you read on to find most of them give the impression they don't even watch the games. It's true many of them don't, it is obvious.

Many who do watch, don't really understand what they are watching, that is also obvious.

Type 1.

What I like to call the "Kings new clothes" syndrome.

These are the people who on the signing of a new player prefix their comments with "omg, omg xxxxxx is a beast!

It matters little that they have only seen a couple of youtube videos of the guy, suddenly he is better than most of the players who have been laying it on the line for months.

This is usually followed up 3 months later by these same posters slagging the player off and wondering what MG was thinking off trading for them in the first place.

Type 2

The "hater"

We all know them. They are the idiots, who wake up the day after a game and trudge zombie like to their Mum's laptop before breakfast, to compare their chosen victim to some "perfect player" and proceed to spout all manner of lies and exaggerations.

They are also the type who like to display their ignorance by equating a good performance to whether the player actually scored. Although it should be noted this criteria only applies to the victim so all the other players who failed to score have been deemed to play like beasts.

Type 3

The Playstation Jockey.

This is the guy who irrespective of the opponent predicts the 6-2, 5-0, 8-1 score on the GDT only to be seen writing in during the game, giving a rollicking to every player in the blue and green because they are only one up at the end of the first.

He also comes on the following day and rips the team, the coach, the GM and hot dog seller to shreds.

Actually what we don't realise about most of these types is, having the attention span of a gnat, they turn off the game half way through and drop into their fantasy world, switching on their Playstations and mentally making up a list of players to rip into the following day.

Magically they then proceed to predict the same scores for the next game, and so it goes on.

In my opinion NONE of these people are fans and yet they make up a decent proportion of the members on here and I would guess sadly, a decent proportion of Canucks fans in general.

I now often, find myself wondering when I see people post on here just how many were in the riots. I wonder this because it seems obvious to me that many of these posters can't cope with the realities of life and use Vancouver Canucks as some kind of crutch to shore up their dull lives and lack of self esteem.

They impose almost unrealistic goals on the players and the team. Goals which they would never dare impose on themselves and then feel somehow let down personally if things go wrong.

I like to think I am a fan of this team. I don't like ALL the players but when they put on the jersey I get behind them and will them to do well and prove me wrong. They almost always do.

I long for a more relaxed supportive attitude on here, where we accept that players are always giving 100% for us, that anyone can make a mistake, that they all want what we want desperately.

They are not there to make our everyday lives magical, they are there to entertain us and put some joy into our lives. They deserve our unrelenting support to a man.

PS For all those who find the length of this post beyond the limits of their attention span, save me the one line wise cracks and put downs.............

Type 4: Whinenosaurus Rex

Constantly complaining about the fan base and labeling people as band wagoners. Believing one's own arrogance as an indication of superiority.

Just shut up and watch the game.

Type 4: Whinenosaurus Rex

Constantly complaining about the fan base and labeling people as band wagoners. Believing one's own arrogance as an indication of superiority.

Just shut up and watch the game.

Am I the only one tired of the infantile exaggeration and budgie brained, Playstation jockey lack of realistic opinion on these boards?

Half the time its like overhearing some junior school lunchtime conversations. What frightens me most though is the thought that many of these people are adults.

Theme of the day, is theme for every day. This player's a beast, that player should be in the press box and then you read on to find most of them give the impression they don't even watch the games. It's true many of them don't, it is obvious.

Many who do watch, don't really understand what they are watching, that is also obvious.

Type 1.

These are the people who on the signing of a new player prefix their comments with "omg, omg xxxxxx is a beast!

It matters little that they have only seen a couple of youtube videos of the guy, suddenly he is better than most of the players who have been laying it on the line for months.

This is usually followed up 3 months later by these same posters slagging the player off and wondering what MG was thinking off trading for them in the first place.

Type 2

The "hater"

We all know them. They are the idiots, who wake up the day after a game and trudge zombie like to their Mum's laptop before breakfast, to compare their chosen victim to some "perfect player" and proceed to spout all manner of lies and exaggerations.

They are also the type who like to display their ignorance by equating a good performance to whether the player actually scored. Although it should be noted this criteria only applies to the victim so all the other players who failed to score have been deemed to play like beasts.

Type 3

The Playstation Jockey.

This is the guy who irrespective of the opponent predicts the 6-2, 5-0, 8-1 score on the GDT only to be seen writing in during the game, giving a rollicking to every player in the blue and green because they are only one up at the end of the first.

He also comes on the following day and rips the team, the coach, the GM and hot dog seller to shreds.

Actually what we don't realise about most of these types is, having the attention span of a gnat, they turn off the game half way through and drop into their fantasy world, switching on their Playstations and mentally making up a list of players to rip into the following day.

Magically they then proceed to predict the same scores for the next game, and so it goes on.

In my opinion NONE of these people are fans and yet they make up a decent proportion of the members on here and I would guess sadly, a decent proportion of Canucks fans in general.

I now often, find myself wondering when I see people post on here just how many were in the riots. I wonder this because it seems obvious to me that many of these posters can't cope with the realities of life and use Vancouver Canucks as some kind of crutch to shore up their dull lives and lack of self esteem.

They impose almost unrealistic goals on the players and the team. Goals which they would never dare impose on themselves and then feel somehow let down personally if things go wrong.

I like to think I am a fan of this team. I don't like ALL the players but when they put on the jersey I get behind them and will them to do well and prove me wrong. They almost always do.

I long for a more relaxed supportive attitude on here, where we accept that players are always giving 100% for us, that anyone can make a mistake, that they all want what we want desperately.

They are not there to make our everyday lives magical, they are there to entertain us and put some joy into our lives. They deserve our unrelenting support to a man.

PS For all those who find the length of this post beyond the limits of their attention span, save me the one line wise cracks and put downs.............

I suppose it takes all kinds of fans...

If everyone flung poo ALL of the time, i doubt any professional would want to hang out. I dont think it would matter how nice the sleep program was if the player felt "hated at home"

However;

If everyone was content with the team 100% of the time, maybe the players would become stagnate? They wouldn't feel any pressure to do better, or be concerned about the their jobs. no matter what they do they're loved so why do anything at all?

What i think we need is to be realistic. Criticisms are only useful if they're constructive.

There is a huge difference between "So-and-So SUCKS TRADE HIM"

and

"So-and-so would fit in with their line better if they did this or that"

I beg to differ .. Bodee IS a fan, who gets tired of people who come across on here as having the intellect of a poop fly .. those who post on here as if they either know it all, or are "emo" beyond belief, are irritating to some folks .. it takes all kinds to make a world, just like there are all kinds of Canucks "fans".

What Bodee has spelled out is his "definition" of what a "true fan" is .. he has every right to his opinion, just as you have every right to yours .. when one person address' a topic with reason and logic, and the other person address' a topic like BunBun after one too many Zagnut bars, folks have a clear choice of which approach they prefer.

Rather than just tell Bodee he is "not a fan", why not share your great wisdom as to what you feel constitutes a "fan" .. oh, and grammar counts .. :)

Yes, what a wonderful world it would be if we all thought the same' all had the same background; same expectations; same level of knowledge; shared the same opinions; expressed ourselves in the same manner.

These forums would be riveting reading to say the least.

OP must be a liberal...if you don't like something, you try to eliminate it instead of simply ignoring it or arguing against it.

THere is no homogenous fan. Get over it or don't come to the forum!!

Type 1.

Type 2

The "hater"

Type 3

The Playstation Jockey.

Some people don't get me, I'm sorry.

I have not been a fan of the Canucks for long. However since I was able to watch NHL over here I am just so happy and enthusiastic to be a fan of this team in these times.

I know it's not the done thing to say it but in a way I will not be devastated if we don't win the SC because I just enjoy watching this team so much and enjoy ANY success they have.

Obviously I am hoping like mad we have a good run and win the Cup but for me, I'm just delighted that we are in it and can't wait for the playoffs to start.

I'm sorry, I don't see any of our players as failures. I enjoy what AV is doing with this team and I'm confident in our GM, Mike Gillis because he desperately wants to give this Club success. I

I DO watch the games, often but not always I set my alarm to go off at 2:30 am and crank up my laptop. It does me no favours for the rest of the day but if the team has won I don't mind. If they have lost, I still don't mind (I just feel more tired ;-) because they put in the effort and nobody in this league gets a free ride. I understand that.

I get annoyed when I see our players attacked, mostly by people who don't understand the game. I can't understand those who imply that they want certain players to have a bad game, just to get them out the team.

This is a road trip we are all on and we should be together, behind whoever wears the jersey. We should be excited, optimistic, enthusiastic for the roller coaster ride ahead.............not panning members of the team just because we would not have picked them or because their form may have dipped recently. We need to trust the coach to do what's best/right and not necessarily what we think is best/right.

"Constantly complaining about the fan base and labeling people as band wagoners. Believing one's own arrogance as an indication of superiority.

Just shut up and watch the game."

I don't think I'm arrogant for asking fans to be more supportive, especially at this time. If you see that as an indication of superiority then ok I'm superior to you, perhaps.

Archived