The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Can We Have A Section For "canucks Fans" Only?

Bodee

I hear what you are saying................It is too much to expect fans to get behind the players and the team on the eve of the SC playoffs because there are idiots out there who have access to the internet. Forgive me for thinking that a team that has just won the President's trophy for the second year running and got to the SC Final Game 7 last year deserves more solid backing.

It's like saying we shouldn't complain about the riots because anyone can get hold of a box of matches.............I don't buy that, surely what is going throughout the heads of these idiots is what is wrong.

I didn't say there should not be a wide range of opinions, I said I would expect more support and reasoning in these opinions, given our achievements.

Of course I don't expect everyone to agree, however in my opinion this is the fan base of a team struggling in the lower regions of the league.

Man. I agree. I wish there was a separate forum where people can just enjoy hockey rather than stress their brains out, all the while taking their anger out on the scapegoat of the week. Gets old and not very fun to read.

On a side note, HF boards are a little better. You might find it more enjoyable, Bodee. Also the Canucks chat you see at the top of Canucks talk has a lot of knowledgeable hockey fans capable of having a decent conversation, i often go there.

Amen...

I don't enjoy a lot of posts on the board personally, but I just move on to ones that I do. I do not have the hubris to think that somehow my personal preferences are more important than those of other fans.

I love the fact that people are so passionate and involved with the team that they have to come on here after a win/loss and rant about it. That is the opposite of "bandwaggoning"...

Re-read your own post... because that is certainly how it comes across. You just want to impose your own set of rules about "how" they rant.

I lump you in with the people who think that posting "Eklund Sucks" 1000 times on a thread makes them feel cool and superior.

People get to post what they want here as long as it is within the rules of the board. Some of it is going to be stupid, thoughtless, and simply wrong. Feel free to argue your point if you disagree with them... I happily argued that Hodgson was never going to be a Canuck long term for like 3 years... that is kind of the point of a discussion board.

It sounds like what you want is to hang around with a few like-minded friends and shoot the breeze about the Canucks. That is what pubs and real life are for.

Better grammar, marginally, but your limited vocabulary is matched only by your limited wit .. anyone whose only recourse is to act like they are 12 years old, thus retorting by calling someone a "little girl, has obviously missed the whole point of what Bodee had to say .. in the Old Testament they would remove your tongue .. :lol:

Maybe you could instead lump me in with something relevant and where do I say I want my own set of rules. You seem to fall neatly into my "martyr" post above with that kind of weak reply.

I never said they didn't get to post what they thought only that I wish if it was of the type stated it was somewhere else. I do argue with these people however it's like shoving butter up a porcupines ass with a red hot needle.

On your your Hodgson ref, fair enough as long as your reasoning was more than "he sucks" Which is my point.

You sir, are one sick puppy. "Knock them down" as much as you want...........I'm beginning to think the more I read your posts that you may be heavily featured in my lead post. If that is the case you may already be beyond help. However displaying it on here won't make life any better for you I'm afraid.

I now often, find myself wondering when I see people post on here just how many were in the riots. I wonder this because it seems obvious to me that many of these posters can't cope with the realities of life and use Vancouver Canucks as some kind of crutch to shore up their dull lives and lack of self esteem.

+1 for you OP. Its sad but true what you say. This city does not deserve as good a team as we have and the riots last year prove this yet again.

I for one will support this team through thick and thin. I try not to let so many of the losers that bring this team's fanbase down the gutter get to me, but its real hard some times.

Support your team or GTFO. I'm not saying you cant ever be cynical or criticize what happens, but ffs at the end of the day they are our team. Either get behind them, show your support, CHEER for their accomplishments which are MANY, or LEAVE AND CHEER FOR ANOTHER TEAM. Realy Canuck fans don't throw their team under the bus, especially when they finished in first overall two years in a gd row!

Archived