The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Can We Have A Section For "canucks Fans" Only?

Bodee

This.

Or the OP could take a break from the internet so he can enjoy his sheltered life where no one has any opinions contrary to his and nobody annoys him either.

Jesus, what makes that guy think he's so special and entitled?

I for one will support this team however I want to, and niether you or Bodee are going to dictate to me, or anyione else on this board how or where I will do so.

If the mood strikes me, I will say "Lou Blows". I will also say "{Lou was awesome last night" if the mood strikes me and you will do nothing to change that.

If the mood strikes me, I will criticize AV with a snotty one-liner or a 5 paragraph diatribe. I will not have you or anyone else tell me I cannot do so. If the mood strikes me, I will praise AV for a job well done.

I will say what I want here, whenever and however I see fit and there is no-one here who can stop me except the mods.

Screw you, Bodee and high horses you both rode in on.

I see what Bodee is trying to say here and I agree with him personally. I believe if one would like to argue over something, the point should be backed up properly with logic and proofs.

Of course that would be wishful thinking and enforcing that would be unconstitutional. It is everyone's right to be able to say whatever everyone wants to say. What is being asked right now is like asking for others' rights to be triumphed by my own.

On top of all that, it will be impossible to enforce this rule. What will you do? Banning people won't work.

It doesn't, if you read my posts.

I love how selective some of the critics are on this thread. I named three types of poster who quite honestly haven't enough hockey knowledge (going purely by their not so witty one liners, their rancid dislike for some of our players and the puerile reasons they trot out) to be interesting on here.

This is taken by some of the posters above to be criticising all different opinions or asking for everyone to be a happy clapper. How convenient to turn the post into something like that so that the people who see themselves in the lead post can try to drag in the the rest in support of some kind of victimised martyr to freedom of speech retort.

I repeat, the people I am alluding to are NOT hockey fans and certainly NOT Canucks fans. If they were they would be able to frame their criticisms better. Instead they go for the one line "cheap shot" and the hate filled unsubstantiated hyperbole. Cretins to the core and offering nothing of substance to any debate never mind one on the Canucks.

So true! + 1000

Do you even realize how similar you sound to someone like this?

IMO anyone who takes the time to register (not just lurking) and post IS a fan no question. You can quibble about how mature they are but they are obviously fans.

In the same sense I would say that most of the rioters with Canuck jerseys on were also Canuck fans, but that in no way proves that the riot was started because the Canucks lost and the "fans" were angry about it. The riot was talked about and planned whether they won or lost by stupid idiots who thought they "missed out" on the '94 one. (My friend overheard a few young people talking about how best to roll a car on his bus trip into Vancouver to watch game 7 at a Boston Pizza with me). Idiots can also be Canuck fans in their spare time.

And that is different from exaggerating about what you consider is the "perfect fan" how?

And using the term "hater" is an indicator of an immature fan. Hate is such a strong accusation. JUST BECAUSE SOMEONE IS CRITICAL OF A PLAYER DOES NOT MEAN THEY HATE THAT PLAYER, even if that criticism is over-the-top. Fans get worked up and get angry at a players performance and lash out to vent in the moment more than anything.

I'm not saying there aren't idiot posters, or very young posters, or posters low on their hockey knowledge. but it seems to me that you are making Straw Man arguments. ie. making up a few "types" of fans and pretend they are in any way a substantive percent on here... who then you can rail about.

Because your OP pleads to have a place of your own: You realize it is possible to create your own forum and control the content and members the way you want. There are a multitude of free forum host sites on the net. To start a thread in a forum that you believe to be made up of mainly "budgie brains" seems to be a misplaced use of your talent

Because your OP pleads to have a place of your own: You realize it is possible to create your own forum and control the content and members the way you want. There are a multitude of free forum host sites on the net. To start a thread in a forum that you believe to be made up of mainly "budgie brains" seems to be a misplaced use of your talent

I see what Bodee is trying to say here and I agree with him personally. I believe if one would like to argue over something, the point should be backed up properly with logic and proofs.

Of course that would be wishful thinking and enforcing that would be unconstitutional. It is everyone's right to be able to say whatever everyone wants to say. What is being asked right now is like asking for others' rights to be triumphed by my own.

On top of all that, it will be impossible to enforce this rule. What will you do? Banning people won't work.

Get into the line with the label "read your post but didn't comprehend it's meaning."

Also once you understand the meaning of "hater" come back and apologise. The clue is in the inverted commas.

"IMO anyone who takes the time to register (not just lurking) and post IS a fan no question. You can quibble about how mature they are but they are obviously fans."

Really?? You obviously are a frequent flyer to Lala Land.

Well everybody is entitled to their own opinions and just because some people don't agree with them, doesn't mean they shouldn't be stated. For example all of the "Luongo Supporters" may argue that anybody who thinks Schneider is better is 1) stupid and 2) a bandwagoner. Does that mean all of the Schneider supporters are wrong? Of course not! Likewise, all of "Schneider supporters" would say the Luongo fans are just a bunch of ignorant fools (again, doesn't mean they're right). If we use the op's logic we would need to have a "Luongo fan" and "Schneider fan" section as well.

Obviously not all posts are going to please everybody on the board and if something bothers you can either ignore it, or point out why you don't agree with it. It's common knowledge that the people on this board aren't always the smartest, so if you're going to post regularly you need to have thicker skin.

Wishful thinking op, but I don't think it's a good idea.

So by your logic, you think a lot of folks have the time to set up an account, spend time reading and posting, to site dedicated to a particular sports franchise, and they are not fans of the team in question? So have you also been registered in the LA Kings forum all year or maybe the Buffalo Bills or maybe the Ontario Lakes Lawn Bowling team forum? If so why not? Could it be that you just don't have time to participate and/or just don't have the passion to do so on a forum that you could care less about?

And no, I won't apologize for being annoyed at posters that throw around the word hater OR "hater". What are those quotes (inverted commas you mean?) supposed to imply? the opposite of what you say? I am supposed to take it as a sarcasm? Sorry you used the word, you have to "own" it.

Well everybody is entitled to their own opinions and just because some people don't agree with them, doesn't mean they shouldn't be stated. For example all of the "Luongo Supporters" may argue that anybody who thinks Schneider is better is 1) stupid and 2) a bandwagoner. Does that mean all of the Schneider supporters are wrong? Of course not! Likewise, all of "Schneider supporters" would say the Luongo fans are just a bunch of ignorant fools (again, doesn't mean they're right). If we use the op's logic we would need to have a "Luongo fan" and "Schneider fan" section as well.

Obviously not all posts are going to please everybody on the board and if something bothers you can either ignore it, or point out why you don't agree with it. It's common knowledge that the people on this board aren't always the smartest, so if you're going to post regularly you need to have thicker skin.

Wishful thinking op, but I don't think it's a good idea.

Guest gumballthechewy

also I believe I used the expression "decent proportionr" If you think that equates to "made up mainly of" we differ in our understanding of the English language.

Archived