The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Can We Have A Section For "canucks Fans" Only?

Bodee

+1 for you OP. Its sad but true what you say. This city does not deserve as good a team as we have and the riots last year prove this yet again.

I for one will support this team through thick and thin. I try not to let so many of the losers that bring this team's fanbase down the gutter get to me, but its real hard some times.

Support your team or GTFO. I'm not saying you cant ever be cynical or criticize what happens, but ffs at the end of the day they are our team. Either get behind them, show your support, CHEER for their accomplishments which are MANY, or LEAVE AND CHEER FOR ANOTHER TEAM. Realy Canuck fans don't throw their team under the bus, especially when they finished in first overall two years in a gd row!

I hear what you are saying Bodee, and I am going to take a guess here regarding one of the things that set you off and compelled you to start this thread - was the final straw yet another Raymond thread by any chance? The playoffs are about to start and you find CDC still obsessing over a negative debate that goes something like this - Raymond is where plays go to die, Raymond is a human zamboni, why does AV have Raymond in the lineup, how many falls before he finally sees the press box, Raymond is the cause of Kesler's struggles... vs Raymond has speed, Raymond is defensively responsible, etc etc....ad infinitum, day after day, month after month.... Nothing annoys a human being more than mindless repetition - and the Raymond threads are the CDC's version of music loops. I hear your annoyance, but I raise you a Tony Gallagher... :bigblush: The Province has made a profession of it.

But "it is what it is." The thing is, there are so many posters that there are always thousands more who take some time to come to CDC, and haven't done that debate - so it is inevitably going to find new enthusiasts - for those like you who come here regularly, it can sure get stale in a hurry.

In the end, it amounts to letting the kids play - and having to wade through it all to find what you value.

Hockey debate, discussion, criticism - all fair game - and no one can expect a mindless chorus of positives, but I think it is understandable that the OP has decided to vent - the complaining at times could rival that of Leafs fans.

I find it ironic that there is so much whining, complaining, protesting and criticisim surrounding the best team in the NHL - but when someone like yourself criticizes the monotony of it, the feeding frenzy begins - how dare you criticize fans?... brought to you by some people who think the best team in the NHL is not good enough for them and criticize it endlessly. I hear your retort Bodee.

This is a great idea. I also think that there should be a special city where only good people live, special supermarkets where only cool people shop and schools that are only for awesome families...

(sarcasm, for the people who don't understand it)

This is a great idea. I also think that there should be a special city where only good people live, special supermarkets where only cool people shop and schools that are only for awesome families...

(sarcasm, for the people who don't understand it)

You state that there are a decent percentage of people on this board who are not really Canucks fans.

You state exact definitions (defined by you) of the people you do not believe are Canucks fans

That = you making up your own set of rules

You even go so far as to suggest that these folks are also likely rioters who trashed the city. That is not only a massive logic fail, it also shows where your head is at (or what orifice it is in more specifically).

Because someone comes on and posts that "Kassian is a Beast" it doesn't make them criminals who beat up other people and vandalize the city.

I hear what you are saying Bodee, and I am going to take a guess here regarding one of the things that set you off and compelled you to start this thread - was the final straw yet another Raymond thread by any chance? The playoffs are about to start and you find CDC still obsessing over a negative debate that goes something like this - Raymond is where plays go to die, Raymond is a human zamboni, why does AV have Raymond in the lineup, how many falls before he finally sees the press box, Raymond is the cause of Kesler's struggles... vs Raymond has speed, Raymond is defensively responsible, etc etc....ad infinitum, day after day, month after month.... Nothing annoys a human being more than mindless repetition - and the Raymond threads are the CDC's version of music loops. I hear your annoyance, but I raise you a Tony Gallagher... :bigblush: The Province has made a profession of it.

But "it is what it is." The thing is, there are so many posters that there are always thousands more who take some time to come to CDC, and haven't done that debate - so it is inevitably going to find new enthusiasts - for those like you who come here regularly, it can sure get stale in a hurry.

In the end, it amounts to letting the kids play - and having to wade through it all to find what you value.

Hockey debate, discussion, criticism - all fair game - and no one can expect a mindless chorus of positives, but I think it is understandable that the OP has decided to vent - the complaining at times could rival that of Leafs fans.

I find it ironic that there is so much whining, complaining, protesting and criticisim surrounding the best team in the NHL - but when someone like yourself criticizes the monotony of it, the feeding frenzy begins - how dare you criticize fans?... brought to you by some people who think the best team in the NHL is not good enough for them and criticize it endlessly. I hear your retort Bodee.

+1 for you OP. Its sad but true what you say. This city does not deserve as good a team as we have and the riots last year prove this yet again.

I for one will support this team through thick and thin. I try not to let so many of the losers that bring this team's fanbase down the gutter get to me, but its real hard some times.

Support your team or GTFO. I'm not saying you cant ever be cynical or criticize what happens, but ffs at the end of the day they are our team. Either get behind them, show your support, CHEER for their accomplishments which are MANY, or LEAVE AND CHEER FOR ANOTHER TEAM. Realy Canuck fans don't throw their team under the bus, especially when they finished in first overall two years in a gd row!

I for one will support this team however I want to, and niether you or Bodee are going to dictate to me, or anyione else on this board how or where I will do so.

If the mood strikes me, I will say "Lou Blows". I will also say "{Lou was awesome last night" if the mood strikes me and you will do nothing to change that.

If the mood strikes me, I will criticize AV with a snotty one-liner or a 5 paragraph diatribe. I will not have you or anyone else tell me I cannot do so. If the mood strikes me, I will praise AV for a job well done.

I will say what I want here, whenever and however I see fit and there is no-one here who can stop me except the mods.

Screw you, Bodee and high horses you both rode in on.

Don't forget all those wonderful "fans" from other team's boards who love to post here, sometimes under numerous nics..... they always add such keen insight and judgment based on observable phenomena and uninfluenced by emotions or their own personal prejudices.

Hey, maybe we could vote and appoint one "fan" each for different rants during the p/o's....... say for instance - counting just how many times Raymond falls during the p/o's, instead of mutliple posts during GDT's. 02a16d454cdc1007324fe29e803e0f0f861.gif

I for one will support this team however I want to, and niether you or Bodee are going to dictate to me, or anyione else on this board how or where I will do so.

If the mood strikes me, I will say "Lou Blows". I will also say "{Lou was awesome last night" if the mood strikes me and you will do nothing to change that.

If the mood strikes me, I will criticize AV with a snotty one-liner or a 5 paragraph diatribe. I will not have you or anyone else tell me I cannot do so. If the mood strikes me, I will praise AV for a job well done.

I will say what I want here, whenever and however I see fit and there is no-one here who can stop me except the mods.

Screw you, Bodee and high horses you both rode in on.

I think the majority here are clearly indicating that YOU are the worst kind of poster.

You are now trying to make semantic arguments about how you "weren't really" suggesting that the posters you don't agree with (and defined as "not real" Canucks fans) were rioters... you were clearly making that connection in your original post.

I suggest that if we did as your title suggests and make a section only for Canucks fans... we wouldn't invite you into it as you wouldn't belong. You could go into the Boston "fan club" as that is generally reserved for people who spout nonsense while blissfully lacking any self-awareness about the irony of their statements.

Archived