The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

No Daniel At Practice

drukes1234

Forty minutes for Daniel on the ice thus far.

Debate on setback or no setback is continuing on the TEAM.

Shielding Daniel from the media heaps the heat on Henrik.

Why would they open up the criticism upon a symptom setback?

That's a good way to protect a skilled player with a contussion. Put him out against fourth liners!

Yeah,how about we put him up against first line d men?

Seven minutes on the third line,four minutes on the fourth or twenty + minutes on the first against the biggest,baddest players on the planet.

Ben Kuzma @benkuzma

Henrik on Daniel: "As a teammate, we want him to be good before he plays, but it's a tough spot for me. I'm his brother and I talk to him."

more:

Henrik on Daniel: "I've never had a concussion and I'm not going to use the word setback. There have been a lot of rumours going around."

I believe D. Sedin didn't practice with the team because the Canucks are playing mind games with the L.A. Kings.

Whether he practiced with the team or black aces, he still practiced. Which leads me to believe that he is fine.

This is just another way of keeping the Kings guessing whether Daniel will be in the line up and set lines and match-ups accordingly.

It's playoff time, which mean the teams won't be giving any information to the outside.

The NHL media guidelines state that if a player goes through a full practice with the team he should be required to talk to the media afterwards

Yesterday the Canucks violated that policy

So I guess today they decided to have Daniel skate after the main group just so that he doesn't have to talk to the media. Honestly, I wish our media wasn't like a bunch of piranhas like this. Let the man skate with his team mates and who cares if he doesn't talk with the media after!?

If he had a setback with his concussion, protocol dictates he would be back to a full week's rest with no symptoms before resuming workouts. Meaning he would not be skating today.

He probably is not completely ready yet and/or the Canucks are being cautious/playing mind games with LA.

If he had a setback with his concussion, protocol dictates he would be back to a full week's rest with no symptoms before resuming workouts. Meaning he would not be skating today.

He probably is not completely ready yet and/or the Canucks are being cautious/playing mind games with LA.

I would wager that D.Sedin has been ready to play for a while, notice how he came on the ice after practice to work with skills coach, he doesn't need the conditioning. Makes sense to me why they would play the injury up, the play-offs are starting, make everyone beleive daniel might be performing sub-par, when hes really fully rested.

How ever a wager is 50/50 in the case, so I could win, or I might not.

Another good news/bad news day for the Vancouver Canucks as Daniel Sedin did not practice with the team, but coach Alain Vigneault confirmed he has not suffered a setback.

Mason Raymond skated in his place on Vancouver’s top trio, alongside Henrik Sedin and Alex Burrows, at practice Tuesday and while everyone wanted answers regarding Daniel’s absence a day after he skated with the Canucks, none were available.

Henrik had no comment, while Vigneault said the team is simply following protocol.

“I’m not going to get into the exact protocol,” explained coach. “Yesterday was a day where we had five lines on the ice and nine defencemen and 20-somewhat players. It was a day with a lot of players on the ice to get a practice in with his teammates. It’s a unique injury and he will continue the protocol and when he’s ready to play, he’ll address you. Until then, he won’t talk to you.”

Vigneault added the Canucks are in the playoffs, it’s business time, so when Daniel is healthy, he’ll play.

Daniel was on the ice following practice with six others, including Andrew Ebbett, Marc-Andre Gragnani, Andrew Alberts, Dale Weise, Aaron Volpatti and Keith Ballard, for a 40-minute skate with skills coach Glenn Carnegie.

Read into all this what you will, but as of right now Daniel’s status for Game 1 of the Western Conference Quarter-Final Wednesday remains unknown.

Archived