The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

No Daniel At Practice

drukes1234

Another good news/bad news day for the Vancouver Canucks as Daniel Sedin did not practice with the team, but coach Alain Vigneault confirmed he has not suffered a setback.

Mason Raymond skated in his place on Vancouver’s top trio, alongside Henrik Sedin and Alex Burrows, at practice Tuesday and while everyone wanted answers regarding Daniel’s absence a day after he skated with the Canucks, none were available.

Mike Gillis:

"Daniel's doing fine. We're following the protocol.Today is the day that's a bit easier and we're seeing how he feels..into tmrw am"

"Nothing has really changed. He's progressing, but you have to be very careful and not push too hard and make sure...

"You have to be very careful and not push too hard and make sure he's ready for the challenges that are coming."

Honestly, I think he's just resting for the day of the playoffs. Why unnecessarily participate in practice today? Just rest it out till the morning skate tomorrow and play for tomorrows game. He did skate with the other 6 Canucks though, so he should be fine. If he had a setback, he wouldn't practice.

To be honest, I don't think Danny is ready for round 1 (round 2 yes). I think him playing tomorrow will be a bad idea because they are rushing him. I would rather have Danny at 100% than Danny at 50% and especially we are going to play against Kings (whom play a physical game).

This team has shown how well they can play without him (we were 7-1 without him in the line-up).

He's probably already ready. On Monday during the press interview with AV, he said that he has skated before and didn't want to answer even "how many times" he skated. I think he went to med. room just because you don't have to talk to the media and with today (skating after practice) allows him to bypass the media once again. Knowing AV, it's mind games. Don't panic and see what happens.

To be honest, I don't think Danny is ready for round 1 (round 2 yes). I think him playing tomorrow will be a bad idea because they are rushing him. I would rather have Danny at 100% than Danny at 50% and especially we are going to play against Kings (whom play a physical game).

This team has shown how well they can play without him (we were 7-1 without him in the line-up).

The NHL media guidelines state that if a player goes through a full practice with the team he should be required to talk to the media afterwards

Yesterday the Canucks violated that policy

So I guess today they decided to have Daniel skate after the main group just so that he doesn't have to talk to the media. Honestly, I wish our media wasn't like a bunch of piranhas like this. Let the man skate with his team mates and who cares if he doesn't talk with the media after!?

Archived