Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

No Daniel At Practice

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
110 replies to this topic

#91 JLumme

JLumme

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,106 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:37 PM

The NHL media guidelines state that if a player goes through a full practice with the team he should be required to talk to the media afterwards

Yesterday the Canucks violated that policy

So I guess today they decided to have Daniel skate after the main group just so that he doesn't have to talk to the media. Honestly, I wish our media wasn't like a bunch of piranhas like this. Let the man skate with his team mates and who cares if he doesn't talk with the media after!?

Like you wouldn't be first in line to watch the interview or read about it online... It is what it is, same for any popular professional team - a great problem to have IMO... Imagine what kind of state the franchise would be in if no reporters bothered to try to talk to D Sedin after practice.

#92 ice orca

ice orca

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,260 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:51 PM

Carter skated in a full practice with the team today and is expected to play game 1....unfortunately

Last game we played against the Kings Carter never had a shot on net. Dude dissapeared on Phillys run against the Hawks a couple of years ago.

#93 Don't.Mess.With.Kes<3

Don't.Mess.With.Kes<3

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,635 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:00 PM

Tony Gallagher @tg_gman
Daniel did not speak to media Monday in part because he was in the medical room after practice. Not sure why, maybe not feeling well then.

medical room after practice...ya ok no setback? not too sure about that

Go Canucks Go

#94 needtogetswole

needtogetswole

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:01 PM

Tony Gallagher@tg_gman

Daniel did not speak to media Monday in part because he was in the medical room after practice. Not sure why, maybe not feeling well then.

medical room after practice...ya ok no setback? not too sure about that

You don't have to be hurt to go to the medical room- a lot is done in there - he could just be getting assessed or getting the OKAY from the doctor - these reports on twitter or suppose to make rumors and drive us people crazy.. that's what helps them keep their job.

we can all wait a day and see what happens tomorrow.

#95 JustJokinen!

JustJokinen!

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,099 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:05 PM

If he had a setback with his concussion, protocol dictates he would be back to a full week's rest with no symptoms before resuming workouts. Meaning he would not be skating today.

He probably is not completely ready yet and/or the Canucks are being cautious/playing mind games with LA.

#96 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,773 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:09 PM

Oh, the emotions!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#97 The Brahma Bull

The Brahma Bull

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,224 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:15 PM

^^haha nice. ^_^

#98 Millerdraft

Millerdraft

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,509 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:36 PM

If he had a setback with his concussion, protocol dictates he would be back to a full week's rest with no symptoms before resuming workouts. Meaning he would not be skating today.

He probably is not completely ready yet and/or the Canucks are being cautious/playing mind games with LA.

This.

Also, has no one else here ever had a concussion before? Why put Sedin through vigorous practices on back to back days coming off a concussion? Geez Louise, perhaps this is the Canucks' concussion protocol after all. Just be glad we don't follow the Blackhawks' concussion protocol.

Kassian.... Taylor Pyatt 3.0

Lies. He's more of a Steve Bernier. Hopefully his talent level goes up so he can become like a Taylor Pyatt.

#99 Blood Fiend

Blood Fiend

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:47 PM

I would wager that D.Sedin has been ready to play for a while, notice how he came on the ice after practice to work with skills coach, he doesn't need the conditioning. Makes sense to me why they would play the injury up, the play-offs are starting, make everyone beleive daniel might be performing sub-par, when hes really fully rested.

How ever a wager is 50/50 in the case, so I could win, or I might not.

#100 Grapefruits

Grapefruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,252 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:50 PM

Another good news/bad news day for the Vancouver Canucks as Daniel Sedin did not practice with the team, but coach Alain Vigneault confirmed he has not suffered a setback.

Mason Raymond skated in his place on Vancouver’s top trio, alongside Henrik Sedin and Alex Burrows, at practice Tuesday and while everyone wanted answers regarding Daniel’s absence a day after he skated with the Canucks, none were available.

Henrik had no comment, while Vigneault said the team is simply following protocol.

“I’m not going to get into the exact protocol,” explained coach. “Yesterday was a day where we had five lines on the ice and nine defencemen and 20-somewhat players. It was a day with a lot of players on the ice to get a practice in with his teammates. It’s a unique injury and he will continue the protocol and when he’s ready to play, he’ll address you. Until then, he won’t talk to you.”
Vigneault added the Canucks are in the playoffs, it’s business time, so when Daniel is healthy, he’ll play.

Daniel was on the ice following practice with six others, including Andrew Ebbett, Marc-Andre Gragnani, Andrew Alberts, Dale Weise, Aaron Volpatti and Keith Ballard, for a 40-minute skate with skills coach Glenn Carnegie.

Read into all this what you will, but as of right now Daniel’s status for Game 1 of the Western Conference Quarter-Final Wednesday remains unknown.

Edited by zero-ONE-three, 10 April 2012 - 02:50 PM.

140an3r.jpg

#101 Shift-4

Shift-4

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 19,452 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:59 PM

Another good news/bad news day for the Vancouver Canucks as Daniel Sedin did not practice with the team, but coach Alain Vigneault confirmed he has not suffered a setback.

Mason Raymond skated in his place on Vancouver’s top trio, alongside Henrik Sedin and Alex Burrows, at practice Tuesday and while everyone wanted answers regarding Daniel’s absence a day after he skated with the Canucks, none were available.

If Daniel can't go I would prefer Lappy back on that line.
Hockey is the only sport, the rest are just games.

#102 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68,976 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 03:06 PM

Frack.

307mg00.jpg

#103 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 68,976 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 03:09 PM

Mike Gillis:

"Daniel's doing fine. We're following the protocol.Today is the day that's a bit easier and we're seeing how he feels..into tmrw am"
"Nothing has really changed. He's progressing, but you have to be very careful and not push too hard and make sure...
"You have to be very careful and not push too hard and make sure he's ready for the challenges that are coming."

Edited by Vintage Canuck., 10 April 2012 - 03:10 PM.

307mg00.jpg

#104 Grapefruits

Grapefruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,252 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 03:17 PM

If Daniel can't go I would prefer Lappy back on that line.

Personally I'd rather Daniel sit the first game and see how the team does. If they win, then sit him for game 2. I'd hate to see Daniel rush back to soon and get re-injured. We need him for the long haul.

140an3r.jpg

#105 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 03:31 PM

Honestly, I think he's just resting for the day of the playoffs. Why unnecessarily participate in practice today? Just rest it out till the morning skate tomorrow and play for tomorrows game. He did skate with the other 6 Canucks though, so he should be fine. If he had a setback, he wouldn't practice.
Posted Image

#106 Cindilette

Cindilette

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 03:35 PM

To be honest, I don't think Danny is ready for round 1 (round 2 yes). I think him playing tomorrow will be a bad idea because they are rushing him. I would rather have Danny at 100% than Danny at 50% and especially we are going to play against Kings (whom play a physical game).

This team has shown how well they can play without him (we were 7-1 without him in the line-up).

#107 Hyzer

Hyzer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,919 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 03:40 PM

He's probably already ready. On Monday during the press interview with AV, he said that he has skated before and didn't want to answer even "how many times" he skated. I think he went to med. room just because you don't have to talk to the media and with today (skating after practice) allows him to bypass the media once again. Knowing AV, it's mind games. Don't panic and see what happens.

#108 Sanj

Sanj

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 03:41 PM

To be honest, I don't think Danny is ready for round 1 (round 2 yes). I think him playing tomorrow will be a bad idea because they are rushing him. I would rather have Danny at 100% than Danny at 50% and especially we are going to play against Kings (whom play a physical game).

This team has shown how well they can play without him (we were 7-1 without him in the line-up).

I'm sorry but thats just silly. Daniels injury has been in complete secrecy other than the fact that he has a concussion. You can't make any judgments based on media reports. No one except for the team and staff know what is actually going on.

Unless you are a doctor, I think you are being silly.

#109 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 68,976 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 03:46 PM

Report: http://bit.ly/9OflhV

307mg00.jpg

#110 Shift-4

Shift-4

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 19,452 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 03:48 PM

Personally I'd rather Daniel sit the first game and see how the team does. If they win, then sit him for game 2. I'd hate to see Daniel rush back to soon and get re-injured. We need him for the long haul.

I like your strategy. :canucks: just beat the Kings without him. :canucks: can do it again.
Hockey is the only sport, the rest are just games.

#111 Beluga Whale

Beluga Whale

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:19 PM

The NHL media guidelines state that if a player goes through a full practice with the team he should be required to talk to the media afterwards

Yesterday the Canucks violated that policy

So I guess today they decided to have Daniel skate after the main group just so that he doesn't have to talk to the media. Honestly, I wish our media wasn't like a bunch of piranhas like this. Let the man skate with his team mates and who cares if he doesn't talk with the media after!?

I really hope that's the case.
Posted Image
Prestige Worldwide - GM of the Boston Bruins Posted Image

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.