The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Now That You Have Seen The 3Rd Line In Its Entirety, Pahlsson Or Hodgson?

billabong

228 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

higgins-pahlsson-hansen is a beast third line. i would pick pahlsson to center my third line over hodgson in a playoff run on any day of the week.

p.s

games: 19

goals: 2

assists: 4

plus/minus: +4

faceoffs: 52.6%

(couldnt find his faceoff % just with the canucks so that is for the entire season)

Guest Dasein

Pahlsson hands down.

So much more experience and composure.

Sound defensively and produces offensively against top lines - something Hodgson wasn't up to the task for.

Pahlsson, Hodgson obviously has more upside for the future but he was a defensive liability and would be a matchup disaster in the playoffs. Gillis said it best in his recent interview, we now have a third line with an identity that can play against any line in the league.

Higgins-Pahlsson-Hansen bye a wide margin. They will not score as many goals but are solid defensively. On the basis of goals for and goals against for a line it would be much worse with Hodgson instead of Pahlsson. T

here was a really good article in the sun about this.

Hodgson may score goals but he doesn't come close to outscoring his defensive mistakes because his skating is not nearly good enough to do so. In long run it might work out well for the Canucks but for at least this season it's worked well.

This is the article I mentioned

http://vansunsportsblogs.com/2012/04/04/so-hows-that-cody-hodgson-trade-working-out-for-vancouver/

For this year? Pahlsson all the way. Not only is he a legitimate shut down guy but, people perhaps are forgetting what the Manny injury last year cost us, which was, Kesler in an offensive role. This leaves Kesler to play offense!

In the future, obviously Hodgson has more left in him and more upside but if Schroeder comes through and some other things this will still all work out. Plus if we win this year we can worry about the future later for now I'm focused on one thing and one thing alone.

Archived