The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Now That You Have Seen The 3Rd Line In Its Entirety, Pahlsson Or Hodgson?

billabong

228 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Luongo stopped him cold on a mid air redirected shot, it was a good save and could easily have been a goal actually..

Have to say something about all this stuff to do with Hodgson being 'better for future'. Can you see the future? Does it need to be stated that (first rounder) players do not always develop into expectation? Take Steve Bernier for example. Better for future? Patrik Stefan, better for future? Daigle? Stojanov? Can you predict the future? Exactly how many goals will Cody score next year? 2nd line centre? Preposterous. Look how well it's worked so far in Buffalo.

Look, I like the kid, but get real. Pahlsson is real, and he has a proven track record. Cody Hodgson has the clouded images you people are trying to see in a crystal ball. Irrational attachment to things is never healthy. Pahlsson is exactly what this team needs in a deep playoff run, while Hodgson, to be fair, was a 5th wheel on a team loaded with centres. Again, he's a good kid, not a gift from god.

Kassian has played less than 50 games in the NHL, what were you expecting, the next Brett Hull? Come on, be realistic. There is a LOT of time yet to consider these things, and Kassian hasn't had a sliver of a hope of reaching your abnormal expectations set by an irrational sentiment toward some kid this team drafted. I don't think anyone can say anything yet, he's played less than half a season for us LOL. What would your response be if we DRAFTED Kassian, and then traded him for someone? You'd probably sing the same tune in reverse?

Kassian was brought in for his physical attributes, not for future alone, it's simple math. Pounds or kilos. It's on paper, it's in front of you, you don't need the crystal ball for this.

No, I'm not the one who expects Hodgson to be Yzerman next year- I was pointing out how so many people in here do- and I think it's stupid. Stop making him out to be any more than he is, and judging current players based on the image in your mind of Hodgson's future. I think the trade was good for us, and Pahlsson is a favorite in this discussion every day of the week.

I agree, let's all make judgements based on 20 game stints. Kesler hasn't scored more than 2 goals in 20 games he's nothing more than a Steve Bernier too. Let's trade him. Let's see.. Daniel hasn't played for 9 games, we might as well retire him. Manny missed a couple of faceoffs he might as well retire now. Try having more patience than a goldfish people!

Pahlsson, without a doubt.

To go back over the whole Hodgson deal, most folks have over-looked the real objective (IMHO) of why the Canucks traded Hodgson.

Do you believe Hodgson for Kassian was a bad deal in that you think Gillis should have gotten more for Hodgson?

Do you think that Hodgson should still have been kept with the Canucks, even with Pahlsson taking over the third line center duties?

Do you think that Hodgson could have remained with the Canucks through the playoffs, with guys like Bitz taking over the policeman role?

Do you think that Gillis should have waited until after the playoffs were over and then moved Hodgson, alone in with a package to fill some greater team need?

I think that Gillis was aware of all of these positions. So ask yourself this: why then did he trade Hodgson? What did the team gain? If Kassian wasn't enough of a return, and there were already guys on the team who could do the policeman role, and he could play wing on one line or another or sit in the press box, why then was he traded at the deadline?

I think the answer is this: the main goal of the trade was to remove Hodgson from the team. What reason(s) this could be is more than just Hodgson asking/demanding/whining for for more ice time, or suggestions that he wanted out of Vancouver. There were events going on around Hodgson which would cause enough of a distraction to the team that it would effect their results.

I do not suggest that Hodgson was at fault in this scenario. For all we know it was a team issue and moving him was the lesser of two evils, but to preserve the season he had to be moved.

regards,

G.

Archived