The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Now That You Have Seen The 3Rd Line In Its Entirety, Pahlsson Or Hodgson?

billabong

228 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hodgson was better offensively. Our 3rd line now with Pahlsson can be used as more of a shutdown line thereby allowing Kesler's line to be more offensive, which should give us 2 great lines with a 3rd line contributing every now and then. Overall with Pahlsson we can match-up more effective than with Hodgson.

Pahlssoni is only 34, when you think about the now, this trade makes sense for the 2-3 years provided we hang on to him.

Hodgson might in the long term be a star, but depending on the outcome of the trade we might also be better off long term. Lets not forget that we didn't trade Hodgson for Pahlsson, and that we have other younger depth too. I think MG did a great job balancing making us better now without writing off the future.

As to the original question, Pahlsson hands down.

I would like Pahlsson on our team without giving up Cody... oh wait, we DIDN'T give up Cody for Pahlsson.

I don't believe in top 6 bottom 6. A contender should have top 9 bottom 3. Pahlsson would be perfect to centre our 4th line.

EDIT: Malhotra can play wing and take face offs for Cody. Would've been perfectly fine.

Pahlsson hands down; gives us a better playoff chance.

But thats still no reason to have traded Hodgson.

Hodgson > Kassian / Gragnani

As someone who was not a fan of the trade, I must admit that I really like this 3rd line (I didn't know if SP had enough in the tank, but clearly he's the type of player when put in the right situation can excel).

Archived