Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Quick Coaching Question

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 SuperKing

SuperKing

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:01 PM

Just wondering if a coach has ever been fired during a playoff run? Hypothetically would this be allowed? Could management then hire a new coach or would the assistant have to temporarily take over?

#2 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,132 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:18 PM

I don't think any GM has been that stupid before....

I suppose if Mike Milbury had ever made the playoffs...

Edited by RUPERTKBD, 10 April 2012 - 04:23 PM.

Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#3 goalie13

goalie13

Osgoodian One

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,248 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:19 PM

There's no rule against it, but I have never heard of it happening.

The closest I can think of was when New Jersey fired their coach (Julien, I think, or maybe Ftorek) with something like 5 games to go in the regular season and they were in first place in their division at the time.
Posted Image

#4 SuperKing

SuperKing

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:28 PM

So overall, it would be considered stupid and unlikely but most likely probable. Alright, that is pretty much what I thought. I wonder if this is something we will ever see.

#5 Amish Rake Fighter

Amish Rake Fighter

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,940 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:34 PM

I don't think any GM has been that stupid before....

I suppose if Mike Milbury had ever made the playoffs...

Posted Image

qrC4ALSTG9AZO.gif

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.