The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Toronto Sun Article

CanucksFanMike

Can we PLEASE not post every negative article written about us this playoffs?? Please, I'm begging. Why do you think they keep writting them?? It works the same way with trolls, you feed em, they don't stop. Let's just be happy with who we are and let all the haters soak in their own spewed venom, k?

Can we PLEASE not post every negative article written about us this playoffs?? Please, I'm begging. Why do you think they keep writting them?? It works the same way with trolls, you feed em, they don't stop. Let's just be happy with who we are and let all the haters soak in their own spewed venom, k?

The first read has a couple of points that...let's face it folks...if I take off my rose colored glasses on Burr, Lappy and Lui, I probably agree with.

Garrioch on the other hand is truly an effing idiot! Try reading some of the crap he dishes out as journalism...guarantee you'll throw up in your mouth a little!

I couldn't care less if TO media approves of this team. I couldn't care less if they support this team. And i couldn't care less on what they thought of this team.

Time for them (and us) to realize that this is not Canada's team. We don't represent the whole country. No Canadian team represents the whole country. Just like no American team represents their whole country.

This is our team. Ours. Not Canada's. Not western Canada's. And certainly not TO's. The concept of 'Canada's team' comes from TO. It's an arrogant concept that matches their arrogant city. It's part of the reason why they're so hated. And it's false. So they can take 'their' team, ie. TO's team, not Canada's team, and shove it.

Meanwhile, it's about time we stopped caring about what they think. What is with our need for approval? It won't ever come. We won't ever need it. What we should do with these articles is use it for toilet paper.

Besides, our own media certainly does enough crying about this team anyway. Cheers.

TOML

Anyone notice that the Canucks became the leagues most hated team as soon as they got to the finals? When we were losing in the 2nd round I never heard anything about the "hate". Pretty sure we had Kesler and Burrows back then. And both played way more pesky. Its just naturall that when someone or some team shows a lot of success that people want it to fail or find reasons to hate.

I remember cheering for the Flames and the Oilers and the Senators when they made their cup runs. Always pulled for the Canadian teams. Can't say I do that anymore though. All of Canada collectively turned its back on the Canucks last year and accused them of all kinds of ridiculous crap, clearly without watching the games. The Canucks aren't Canada's team? Fine. They're our team and thats all that matters.

Guys, I know this may be difficult to understand for you who are oblivious to the rest of the league, but you know how we hate Dave Bolland?

That is how the rest of the league sees Alex Burrows.

We are the most hated team, and I personally love it. Every article I see about it makes me happier and happier, and I was ecstatic when Gillis re-signed Lapierre, because I know it will fuel the rest of the leagues hatred.

I threw up in my mouth a little after reading the first one. Can't believe these guys still have a job. Was thinking about studying journalism in college but I really don't want to be in an industry with these uneducated, self loving, douchebags.

block me for all I care, im fuming.

I don't understand the hate on Lapierre. The guy is an antagonizer for sure, but he finishes his checks, doesn't throw cheapshots, and has 7 fights this year. He's one of the best 4th liners in the league and plays hard every game.

Archived