Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Toronto Sun Article

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
138 replies to this topic

#121 riffraff

riffraff

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,046 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:05 PM

Posted Image

Edited by riffraff, 10 April 2012 - 11:05 PM.

Posted Image

CanucksSayEh, on 12 March 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:
When the playoffs come around, nobody is scared of getting in a fight, but every night, they get their mom to check under the bed for Raffi Torres.

#122 puckluv

puckluv

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:41 PM

We should support all the Canadian teams.

i agree, i mean doesn't every canadian take pride in having a good canadian team? good hockey is good hockey, hockey isn't pretty, hockey isn't cute, hockey isn't nice and fair and buttercups and unicorns...it's HOCKEY -- a fast contact sport....on the ice.

Edited by puckluv, 10 April 2012 - 11:44 PM.

Always turn a negative situation into a positive situation. Michael Jordon

#123 DS4quality

DS4quality

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:44 PM

I live in Edmonton and the media is ultra biased, someone on the radio, (one of Edmonton's oldest journalists) said that L.A. was a better team than Vancouver and that LA would win the series. I am not gonna lie, it irks me a bit, and I get a bit nervous because I get razzed every time the Canucks lose. But at least we know how to play hockey, we don't throw 3 seasons in a row just to get good draft picks. I just hope we can shut up all the media. Let the Haters Hate if we gonna win!

#124 Common sense

Common sense

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,679 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:31 AM

Posted Image Reminds me of a turtle...

It's painful looking at that guy's head.

Now let's relax...

Posted Image

In that post, there's 3 objects wanting to come out of its shells.

#125 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,035 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:00 AM

Hahaha, this doesn't make me angry at all. It goes beyond hatred or jealousy about the Canucks, it's quite clear it's jealousy about our city.

If any of you have lived in Edmonton, you'd probably understand, haha. The place is a crap-hole.

Posted Image

RIP LB RR PD

#126 cool story bro

cool story bro

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:48 AM

Sure, the Toronto Maple Leafs are widely regarded as Canada's team

lol k
Posted Image

#127 NexusRift

NexusRift

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:02 AM

"Robert Tychkowski

I'm not going to pretend I like the Canucks.

Nobody likes the Canucks. Nobody outside the sushi dens and granola taverns of Vancouver, anyway.
They whine. They dive. They turtle. They want referees to fight their battles. They are arrogant, they bite people and their fans set fire to police cars.

And that's why we watch them. Say what you will about the Canucks, they are never boring.
Would you throw up a little in your mouth if you saw Ryan Kesler handing the Stanley Cup to Maxim Lapierre? Of course you would.

But if Ottawa is playing on one channel and the Canucks are on another, who are you watching?
Ottawa? Nobody wants to watch vanilla ice cream melt Ñ you're going to watch the hated Canucks because you know you're going to see something good................."

It's like, "If you build it, they will come!" MG built it and now we're the biggest show coming to your town.
Go Canucks Go!
:towel:

#128 NuckFanLivingInCalgary:(

NuckFanLivingInCalgary:(

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:17 AM

Jealousy is a stinky cologne.
Go Canucks Go!!!

#129 Shift-4

Shift-4

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,452 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:46 AM

:lol:

I guess they are already tired with reading about how the leafs suck back there in old hogtown

:lol:
Hockey is the only sport, the rest are just games.

#130 geezer2

geezer2

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:05 AM

lets face it if toronto was in our position we would be chafing at those arrogant b3st@ards...... better to be hated and great

#131 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,621 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:25 AM

It must be so difficult to see your team do so poorly that one result is articles like these.

#132 Wilfred

Wilfred

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,497 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:30 AM

Who the hell cares. The first guy covers Edmonton. Enough said. The second guy I thought was respectable but I guess I was wrong.

#133 Nuckswillwinitall

Nuckswillwinitall

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:50 AM

I remember cheering for the Flames and the Oilers and the Senators when they made their cup runs. Always pulled for the Canadian teams. Can't say I do that anymore though. All of Canada collectively turned its back on the Canucks last year and accused them of all kinds of ridiculous crap, clearly without watching the games. The Canucks aren't Canada's team? Fine. They're our team and thats all that matters.

I was the exact same way, probably still would cheer for all those teams. I wouldn't for Toronto I just can't. Thankfully I won't have to worry Leafs don't even make the playoffs. I am a big believer in being better than the haters. THey don't want to cheer for us thats their issue. I will still cheer for the Canadian team on the cup run. I want to see another Stanley Cup North of the border. I prefer one in Vancouver first, but the rest of the teams its nice too. Be better than them, who cares if they hate us. We don't have to be like them.

#134 Burnsey

Burnsey

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,805 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:08 AM

you know, when you see a recent article talking about the canucks and it refers to GM Place, you know the writer is lacking anything intelligent to say.

We know people are going to hate us, and honestly we know how bad fans are to the team and Luongo when he has one bad game after a month of solid hockey. Nothing new here, but kinda funny to read. You can hear and feel the bitterness of another bad season in which the Leafs had to apologize for again....

team-canada-jarome-iginla-photo.jpg

#135 The Situation

The Situation

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,698 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:12 AM

This is the frickin' Toronto Sun. Its like the Fox News of Canada. Its all sensationalist trash.
Posted Image

#136 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,172 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:00 AM

you know, when you see a recent article talking about the canucks and it refers to GM Place, you know the writer is lacking anything intelligent to say.

We know people are going to hate us, and honestly we know how bad fans are to the team and Luongo when he has one bad game after a month of solid hockey. Nothing new here, but kinda funny to read. You can hear and feel the bitterness of another bad season in which the Leafs had to apologize for again....

This is pretty much what I was thinking when I read this article. It looked like the author cut and pasted a bunch of snippets from last year and tried to pass it off as original thought from this season.

As far as Garrioch goes, he's an Ottawa based writer. i'd expect him to be lobbying for the title of Canada's team and frankly, they're welcome to it.

Unfortunately for BG et al, I don't think they'll be able to keep it for more than one round...
Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#137 Ron Swansons Moustache

Ron Swansons Moustache

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:11 AM

Who cares? Game 1 tonight baby! Canucks are going to show everyone why they're the number #1 team.
http://Posted Image

#138 panelguy

panelguy

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:22 AM

Toronto Canada's team ?
Ask them in Ottawa, Montreal . and the rest.
We Hate the Leafs !!!!

#139 King_Canuckian

King_Canuckian

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:35 AM

And so it begins.

But these guys should at least do some homework first. I stopped reading after the first guy said Lapierre doesn't back up his actions.

He had 7 fighting majors this year.

It's amazing how a few misguided articles suddenly makes the Canucks notorious divers, whiners, biters (may have happened once, and can't be proven), pedophiles, racists, drug pushers, murderers, etc.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.