Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

Is It Time To Put Disgusting Pictures On Food Labels

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
38 replies to this topic

#31 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,852 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:07 PM

Why would you smoking cause my uncle to pass away? Your argument isn't what I'm saying. There are lots of people that have one or two cigarettes a month and suffer no ill effects from it. Not every person starts smoking packs a day because they smoked one. Some people can handle addictive substances, some people can't.

My uncle passed away.
There are also people that have 1 or 2 cigarettes that get lung cancer.
Just because someone suffers no ill effects does not make it safe.

McCoy: We were speculating. Is God really out there?
Kirk: Maybe he's not out there, Bones. Maybe he's right here. [points to his heart]

cdc-unavailable.jpg

#32 JLumme

JLumme

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,106 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:15 PM

My uncle passed away.  
There are also people that have 1 or 2 cigarettes that get lung cancer.
Just because someone suffers no ill effects does not make it safe.

There are also people that smoke zero cigarettes & get lung cancer. Sorry about your uncle, my grandma died from smoking related causes too. Still doesn't change the fact that some people can smoke a little bit, and be just as healthy as if they didn't smoke at all. Only some people, not all people.

#33 ccc44

ccc44

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,423 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 06:20 PM

Cigarettes serve no purpose, and are not healthy in any amount. A tub of margarine could last someone healthy a very long time. I could agree with labeling unhealthy fast foods with such though. You could have a salad with pictures of summer, or a quarter pounder with a picture of a diseased heart. :lol:

Yes they do , Huge tax dollars for the government.
Posted Image
SHOTS ! SHOTS ! SHOTS !

#34 Columbo

Columbo

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,935 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:35 PM

There are also people that smoke zero cigarettes & get lung cancer. Sorry about your uncle, my grandma died from smoking related causes too. Still doesn't change the fact that some people can smoke a little bit, and be just as healthy as if they didn't smoke at all. Only some people, not all people.

Exceptions do not make the rule. There are some people who fall from 8 story buildings and don't die, but I wouldn't recommend starting to jump.

#35 BZRK

BZRK

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:42 PM

I buy a small tub of margarine a month, I am 25 and 174 pounds. Does that make me unhealthy?

DARRENHELM

Posted Image

marinated.pea

#36 Columbo

Columbo

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,935 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:44 PM

I buy a small tub of margarine a month, I am 25 and 174 pounds. Does that make me unhealthy?

You're missing the point. The proposed images wouldn't be made just for YOU.

There are good reasons to argue against images on food, but yours is not one of them.

#37 Bob.Loblaw

Bob.Loblaw

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,144 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:36 PM

No, it makes you an inefficient grocery shopper. Unless you think that small tub is the defining factor in your weight.

Now if you DO think that, then yes, you're probably unhealthy. :)

#38 Kamero89

Kamero89

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:34 PM

lol @ the idea of seeing a depressing looking fat kid on the bag of McDonalds.

#39 CIA

CIA

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,722 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:38 PM

not sure if this is entirely accurate but i think japan set maximum waist measurements for men and women. if you go over the max...you have to pay more for healthcare?? maybe something like that should be put in place.

or we should have a hunger games type deal. take 2 of the fattest ppl from every city block and make em battle it to the death! that would deter ppl from getting all fat. :)
Posted Image

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.