The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is It Time To Put Disgusting Pictures On Food Labels

Harbinger

Guest The Brown Burrows

No. Nobody really give a sh*t about what they are eating as long as it tastes good and they enjoy it , no one cares.

* not to be taken literally, more of a statement

Cigarettes serve no purpose, and are not healthy in any amount. A tub of margarine could last someone healthy a very long time. I could agree with labeling unhealthy fast foods with such though. You could have a salad with pictures of summer, or a quarter pounder with a picture of a diseased heart. :lol:

Putting all these extra nonsensical warnings just adds to the cost of making a product, another bureaucratic hoop to jump through, which in turn makes it more expensive, which in turn causes less transactions, which is bad for business. Unless the goal is to inch-by-inch head toward a dystopian-like health food czar that allocates food for you, let people frack themselves over in their junk-laden sedentary way of life if they so choose.

The dangers of smoking are real, but they are exagerrated in the media. Fact is, by itself, smoking one cigarette is perfectly healthy. Even smoking one cigarette a week for life probably won't do you any harm.

Probably wrong.

Cigarettes are a carcinogen.

Same as bleach and other chemicals.

The dangers of smoking are real and have been around for a long time - if not for the sheer magnitude of wealth that tobacco companies have, they would probably have been banned long ago.  Unfortunately, some people think along those same lines as your post - oh, ones not going to hurt me...problem is, one turns to 2, then to 3...then to a pack...and next thing you know your uncle passes away and the tobacco companies could care less cause they made a fortune off of him....

Why would you smoking cause my uncle to pass away? Your argument isn't what I'm saying. There are lots of people that have one or two cigarettes a month and suffer no ill effects from it. Not every person starts smoking packs a day because they smoked one. Some people can handle addictive substances, some people can't.

Cigarettes serve no purpose, and are not healthy in any amount. A tub of margarine could last someone healthy a very long time. I could agree with labeling unhealthy fast foods with such though. You could have a salad with pictures of summer, or a quarter pounder with a picture of a diseased heart. :lol:

There are also people that smoke zero cigarettes & get lung cancer. Sorry about your uncle, my grandma died from smoking related causes too. Still doesn't change the fact that some people can smoke a little bit, and be just as healthy as if they didn't smoke at all. Only some people, not all people.

not sure if this is entirely accurate but i think japan set maximum waist measurements for men and women. if you go over the max...you have to pay more for healthcare?? maybe something like that should be put in place.

or we should have a hunger games type deal. take 2 of the fattest ppl from every city block and make em battle it to the death! that would deter ppl from getting all fat. :)

Archived