The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Where Is Your Mind Today? Work, Home, Hockey?

Odjickwillkillyou

A lot of students on here eh? "Vancouver Canucks causing exam failures since 1970." Not that any of you will fail your exams. Nothing but smooth sailing.

So my buddy and I were having lunch at local taco place and he kept getting pissed at me for checking my phone for updates and texting back and forth with my friends in Cali. He said I made him feel like a neglected wife and as luck would have it mine called. So I told them to talk and exchange their ill feelings of my neglect at which they both laughed. Guess you had to be there. Only 8 hours and 52 minutes!!! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lived in Van all my life until I moved to Peterborough, ON (just outside Toronto) a few years back, for school. I am now doing a PhD and don't miss having to study for final exams during the playoffs.

I am at work right now, though, jersey on, trying to read - but surfing CDC and waiting for the Team 1040 Canucks lunch, which in EST is more like a "prolonged Canucks snack."

Also, I have begun adjusting my sleep schedule - so I can stay up to watch the games...

Pumped!

It's weird but it doesn't feel like the playoffs at all to me

In fact it kind of feels like we're at the halfway mark of the regular season

I feel like tonight it just game 41 or something like that

Maybe it'll hit me once the game starts but I'm definitely not in playoffs mode yet.

Starting to get a little antsy though

Been thinking about the Canucks all today! I have a ten page paper due on friday that I haven't even started because I've been so distracted with the Canuck's and threads... Oh man is anyone else in shock that playoffs are already here? It seems like yesterday we were in the stanley cup finals and I had my heart ript out of my chest as I sat on granville street in utter despair with car explosions and chaos in the background as my beloved team came so close to bringing home the cup.

I'm a very positive person and I believe the Canuck's have such a confident swag on them this year that they will learn from their trials and tribulations of last year and work their butt's off to bring home the silver this year!

GO CANUCKS GO!!!!

I actually have a gig until 10:30 (I'm on CST since I'm in College in Illinois) today, so it'll be interesting how fast I can truck it back to my fraternity house on foot while carrying my bass and my pedal board. Hopefully I'll make it before the halfway point of the 2nd.

The only things on my mind that are remotely close to the Canucks are going to formal with a potential girlfriend this weekend and my 3 make-or-break exams next week. And by "remotely close" I mean as in how Snookie is "remotely close" to being as beautiful as Marilyn Monroe.

Bang bang bang bang Vamonos vamonos!

P.S. Blackhawks fans are the absolute worst kind of people in this world.

You guys have it easy. It's midnight here in the UAE. The game airs at 6:30 am my time and I'll be at work. I will have to work all day tomorrow knowing that the game is over and I'll have to be super careful to avoid any website with any info about the game so I can watch it when I get home.

It's double the torture I tell ya. I won't be able to fall asleep because of the excitement and I won't be thinking straight all day tomorrow at work.

Archived