Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Where Is Your Mind Today? Work, Home, Hockey?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
81 replies to this topic

#61 dadsbaggedinbaghdad

dadsbaggedinbaghdad

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:57 PM

Hockey, hockey, hockey, hockey, hockey, hockey, hockey, hockey, hockey, hockey and...

More hockey, hockey, hockey, hockey, hockey, hockey, hockey, hockey, hockey, hockey and...

Even more hockey, hockey, hockey, hockey, hockey, hockey, hockey, hockey, hockey and...

Can't work, can't concentrate, can't pay attention to the kids or the wife. Just give me hockey...
Posted Image

#62 hockeyville88

hockeyville88

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,540 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:10 PM

k now i'm ready to puke you guys!!
headache, butterflies, can't sit still....o lordy here we go!
shouldn't have eaten all those Mini Eggs all day long
:sick:
Posted Image
Sig credit: GoaltenderInterference. Thanks!

#63 nucksnavsfan

nucksnavsfan

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,086 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:55 PM

k now i'm ready to puke you guys!!
headache, butterflies, can't sit still....o lordy here we go!
shouldn't have eaten all those Mini Eggs all day long
:sick:

lol, ok you are way worse than I am , still fidgitting, radio going watching Penguins game, pizza is ordered ..... clock is ticking loudly and sooo slooowly ..... deep breaths k
Posted Image Go Canucks Go Posted Image

I should change my name now that Sakic has retired but I'm too lazy ..... he was the only reason for the avs part .... goodbye and good luck Burnaby Joe !

#64 Busty Ruffles

Busty Ruffles

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:20 PM

Today I frightened my coworkers with unexpected whoops and hollers and fistpumping. Ooh, the anticipation is eating my brain.

#65 Zach Morris

Zach Morris

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:21 PM

mmmmmmmmm
Mini Eggs :towel:
Posted Image

"Incredulous"

#66 Odjickwillkillyou

Odjickwillkillyou

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:05 AM

So now that we are 2 days removed from Game 1, what are you doing today to deal with the stress/excitement for tonight's game?

Currently I am at work listening to the TEAM at my desk, answering to whatever issues arise with little to no concern. I am obviously on here giving my 2 cents and consumed in everything CANUCKS. Repping my white away sweater and offering my stick in rink to people who are complaining about how cold it is in here today. Contemplating putting in for a couple hours of leave so I can hit the store early and get the Molsons and brats for the party tonight. We are having 5 other friends over who are also fans to watch the game.

So what are you up to today and how are you "attempting" to get anything done? I know a lot of you are students so I am sure school or studying are somewhere in the equation. For those of you at work (Like me) are you reppin the sweater, hat, earrings etc? For those of you in jail, how is the food? The last one is obviously a joke, unless you are in jail or course. In which case I want to know, how the hell are you on here?!? LOL...

"Just cause I am from Cali does not mean I am not a Canuck. We are all Canucks!"

Special thanks to Marleau 12 for the siggy...

"Gino's got the Zaaaaaaaaaaaa's"

#67 Shift-4

Shift-4

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,452 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:15 AM

No one has PMed me with the whereabouts of my mind :(
Hockey is the only sport, the rest are just games.

#68 The Great Dane

The Great Dane

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:58 AM

I was basically useless last year for 3 months and expect the same this year. I'm currently in school but am obviously not paying much attention. I'm rocking the 3rd jersey with pride. I think I'm the only one in my school with a jersey today!!

Edited by The Great Dane, 13 April 2012 - 08:59 AM.

#69 canuckniforlife

canuckniforlife

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:09 AM

I'm sitting at work cant concentrate surfing CDC, checking my phone to see if there is any news on Daniel, even changed my bbm status to a clever one liner (WHAT A WONDERFUL DAY TO DETHRONE SOME KINGS...yes? no? if you have something better I'm open to it) This morning on my drive in I was envious of all that are allowed to wear their jerseys to work although I do carry mine in my purse so the moment i walk out of here I can throw it on! Thank goodness Friday's are my half days :) once again debating attending game......but my new Luongo jersey ROCKS!!!!!

GO CANUCKS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I BELIEVE IN LUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

thank GOD for you guys i would otherwise go nuts twiddling my fingers

#70 TotesMagotes

TotesMagotes

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:30 AM

I don't really start thinking about the game until about 2 hours before...of course i'm always thinking hockey and looking for updates but the anxiety doesn't really set in until around 5:30. I'm off work at 2 today and i'm gonna have to go for a jog or something to keep my mind off it or else ill go crazy.
Posted Image

#71 Odjickwillkillyou

Odjickwillkillyou

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:42 AM

I'm sitting at work cant concentrate surfing CDC, checking my phone to see if there is any news on Daniel, even changed my bbm status to a clever one liner (WHAT A WONDERFUL DAY TO DETHRONE SOME KINGS...yes? no? if you have something better I'm open to it) This morning on my drive in I was envious of all that are allowed to wear their jerseys to work although I do carry mine in my purse so the moment i walk out of here I can throw it on! Thank goodness Friday's are my half days :) once again debating attending game......but my new Luongo jersey ROCKS!!!!!

GO CANUCKS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I BELIEVE IN LUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

thank GOD for you guys i would otherwise go nuts twiddling my fingers

That must be a big purse eh? And as far as tonight goes? GO TO THE GAME FOR PETE'S SAKE! Luongo jerseys come and go, but seeing a game live during the POs comes far and few between. And the dethroning Kings would be more appropriate when we have a chance to clinch the series. It is clever though. Of course, I cannot think of anything clever so don't listen to me and roll with it. LOL...

"Just cause I am from Cali does not mean I am not a Canuck. We are all Canucks!"

#72 canuckniforlife

canuckniforlife

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:12 AM

You'd be surprised what this purse can hold it's like it has magical powers i can even throw in a six pack or bottle of wine..... Anyhow, my boss told me he has tickets for $140.00 each in sec 315 row 11 and i have til one pm if I want them you guys think that's still too expensive? I have tickets for game 5 for 125 each I lucked out there lol plus those are better seats....decisions decisions

#73 The Great Dane

The Great Dane

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:13 AM

You'd be surprised what this purse can hold it's like it has magical powers i can even throw in a six pack or bottle of wine..... Anyhow, my boss told me he has tickets for $140.00 each in sec 315 row 11 and i have til one pm if I want them you guys think that's still too expensive? I have tickets for game 5 for 125 each I lucked out there lol plus those are better seats....decisions decisions

I'd take it if I were you!! $140 is a pretty sick deal

#74 VanIsleNuckFan

VanIsleNuckFan

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,568 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:15 AM

Drafting to do and hockey on the brain, my dimensions will all be, 14 by 17 and 1 by 33....

#75 VanIsleNuckFan

VanIsleNuckFan

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,568 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:17 AM

Pull the trigger, go to the game!!!!!!

#76 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:21 AM

Where Is Your Mind Today? Work, Home, Hockey?

Definitely not where it should be, that's fer shure. Rockin' the hockey sweater at work and blitzin' out early.......don't seem to be accomplishing very much of anything here anyway so might as well pace the floor at home instead of the one in my office.... (Fortunately the crazy day that was shaping up at work dissipated so roll on, noon! :lol:)

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe, 13 April 2012 - 10:22 AM.

"Sursumredditio" non usquam in hac mea loquantur!

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.....

#77 Odjickwillkillyou

Odjickwillkillyou

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:33 AM

Being a resident of Texas, I would give my left man part to watch our boys in the POs. I had plans prior to the Stars choking in hopes they would be here, but alas that did not happen.

But give me the chance to see them live at Garagers? I just might turn on my country. Hell, most people already believe that has happened with my love for Canada. I really need a beer or 24. Molson take me away...............................

#78 Oregon Canucky

Oregon Canucky

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:40 AM

I dont think my mind ever returned to where it should be...

Then again i dont know if my mind is EVER really where is should be... :bigblush:
Posted Image

Portland Oregon: The first U.S. city to play for the Stanley Cup!

#79 canuckniforlife

canuckniforlife

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:46 AM

My anxiety and excitement is through the roof..Tickets are mine...going to the game :) :) :) Next major decision who to take with me lol

GO CANUCKS GO

CANT WAIT TIL GAME TIME!!!!!!! IT'S GOING TO BE LOUD AT THE ARENA TODAY!!!!!!!

WHAT A WONDERFUL DAY :)

#80 riffraff

riffraff

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,068 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:50 AM

Where is the teams mind?

Hopefully out of its arse.
Posted Image

CanucksSayEh, on 12 March 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:
When the playoffs come around, nobody is scared of getting in a fight, but every night, they get their mom to check under the bed for Raffi Torres.

#81 DeltaSwede

DeltaSwede

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:20 AM

I have a much longer wait than you guys, the game starts at 4 in the morning here. I am going out with my friends in an hour and gonna be back at around 2, drink lots of coffee and wait for the game to start.

I haven't been able to do anything else than spend my time on the internet reading blogs, articles and watching highlights and videos. Not really worried though, I know they will win the game tonight.

MMjJiLv.gif

Shinckarukak

#82 MrsCanuck

MrsCanuck

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,629 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:26 AM

So happy my accounting final today ends right before the game starts.
Posted Image

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.