The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Where Is Your Mind Today? Work, Home, Hockey?

Odjickwillkillyou

Been trying to work all day but really got nothing to show for... I thought I got more work done but realized all I did was change my desktop wallpaper to a cool Canucks wallpaper, read through most of the analysis on Nucks VS LA, and just about everything OTHER than work!

I can barely sit still! Thank god my boss is a huge Canucks fan. Only 6.5 more hours and I'll be cheering my head off at the game!

On a side note, my bf told me SPECIFICALLY not to work out this morning so I have energy to wave that towel until my arms are numb! LOL

:towel::towel::towel::towel::towel::towel::towel::towel::towel:

It is 10:55 a.m. here in Texas and I have been at work since 6:30 a.m. I have done a few small things, but for the most part all I am doing is streaming TEAM 1040 and cruising around CDC. Every once in awhile I check FB on my phone to see what my King's friends are chirping, but as always I have a retort. I told my boss that I will be mostly useless for the next 3 months to which he replied, "what else is new." He was joking of course. Or was he? Anyhoo, I am curious to see what your level of excitement, anticipation or general mindset is for tonight's game and where all of this is taking place. School? Work? Home? Jail? Hopefully not jail unless it really is like Trailer Park Boys up there when you go. LOL.

Been trying to work all day but really got nothing to show for... I thought I got more work done but realized all I did was change my desktop wallpaper to a cool Canucks wallpaper, read through most of the analysis on Nucks VS LA, and just about everything OTHER than work!

I can barely sit still! Thank god my boss is a huge Canucks fan. Only 6.5 more hours and I'll be cheering my head off at the game!

On a side note, my bf told me SPECIFICALLY not to work out this morning so I have energy to wave that towel until my arms are numb! LOL

:towel::towel::towel::towel::towel::towel::towel::towel::towel:

to be fair i was a bit distracted at work today myself. Tomorrow is gonna be worse for me, as im a UK fan (like many others im sure) so will not be able to watch the game until about 6pm on thursday. will have to have a NHL and Canucks media blackout all day so i dont see the score until i get back home and have a nice beer in my hand haha.

Good luck to the boys, get off strong :towel:

Mind? You mean that mass of mush between my ears?

I have forewarned everyone: "set the bar low, I'm only 6% here today".

I am at work, wearing my Bieksa jersey, Canucks hat with Luc pin, Canucks earrings, two Canucks bracelets and, if you must know...no, nevermind about the underwear. I am waiting for the insurance guy....because he's going to the game, so I want someone to talk hockey with. I just put tatoos on my cheek. I almost answered the phone at work with "GO CANUCKS GO" (true story, because I was just talking to family and that was the gist of the conversation).

I am TOTALLY at center ice, waiting for the fat man to sing (can I say that?). It's different than the fat woman.

I LOVE this time of year, you just can't even imagine. Or, maybe you can.

Finally at home, getting ready to update my FB profile pic with one of the cool Photoshop jobs on the other thread, picked up my 6'er of Molson on the way home (Not much, but I gotta work tomorrow) and posting on here. Once my wife takes the kiddo to Girl Scouts I will proceed to simulate on NHL12 because that is what XBOX dorks do. I will be living vicariously through all of the lucky fans at the Garagers tonight and getting very little sleep as I have to be up at 4:30am Texas time. All worth it.

Home today, alternating between checking CDC and twitter for updates while listening to the Team 1040 basically getting nothing done, being useless, while waiting ... long wait, wondering what the Canucks post win song will be playing in the lockeroom, remembering 'Dynamite' from last season , once I know, that song will be played while I wait on game days :)

Archived