Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

elvis15

Two Playoff Goalies Better Than One?

26 posts in this topic

funny theres no talk of a controversy in st louis. Its all about vancouver Im sure most teams would love to have either halak or elliot.

its the media whos to blame

See Carolina's Cup Win - Remember when Gerber failed... and Ward came out of nowhere and won the cup.

See Patrick Roy's Rookie Year in Montreal.

These are just some examples that a backup can unexpectedly win you a Stanley Cup!

I like Lu, he has had a great year and he is a fantastic goalie. That being said I want him on a shorter leash this year. When he's good he's great but when he's bad he's awful. We've all seen the signs and can identify when a game is going to go bad so pull him early no sense leaving him in net for more 8-1 blow outs, if are down three yank him out.

Yes i like the idea of having two ready, capable and willing goaltenders that will

play of the other one is struggling.

Is it just me, or is game 1 taking forever to get here?

The controversy is why people insist on assuming Luo will fail. What other goaltender with Luo's actual record (not the one haters try to pretend he has) is said to be starting but that the backup may be coming in "perhaps later, in relief"? People say they've been disappointed by Luo's failures in the past but it seems to me that their disappointment comes from the fact that they always believe he will fail and the vast majority of the time he doesn't.

Go, Canucks, Go! Every single one of them.

if lui sucks..just throw schneids in

there are some teams who could ice a tandem and rotate them

philly,boston,st.louis,florida,vancouver,chicago.....why not?

Honestly, I think most people understand this. The reason you see guys like Kypreos and Shannon talk about the "goaltending issues" in Vancouver is because they get paid to bring stuff like that up.

I think most NHL teams (even the Rangers and Preds) would love to have a backup as good as Schneider.

Usually I'm one of those guys who supports the coaching staff 99% of the time, but in this case, I wish they'd think a bit outside the box. We just had one of our most impressive stretches of the season using what amounted to a goaltender rotation.

I'm not suggesting they alternate the goalies necessarily, but I'd love to see Louie start at Rogers and Schneider get the game three start. If the pattern were successful, I'd stick with it until it was no longer successful.

Believe in Lu, but we have SCHNEIDERMAN

If you look at it from purely a schedule standpoint, there isn't a lot of reason to rotate. There's no back to backs, and we have 2-3 days between some games. At best, I could see Schneids being scheduled to start in Games 2 and 6 when looking at workload.

Of course, if Luongo has a rough go of it, Schneider could come in at any point. There's no way to predict that though.

1A...1B... sounds like a great game plan...Ballard's rational thought is refreshing. Go Canucks Go ...'CBS CARES'

I mean, we have two No. 1 centres; and I don’t think we have a centre controversy"

Love this !

Although when we (apparently) had three #1 centres, there was some controversy over ice time... That's all sorted now though. :emot-parrot: