Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Canuckian92

Official - Embrace The Hate 2012 - Thread

29 posts in this topic

I embraced it a long time ago.

I don't think we're quite as hated as last year though. Burrows hasn't bitten anyone and the guy who's hair he pulled has been exposed for the cheap shot artist that he is.

Meanwhile, everyone in the east is back to hating on the best player in the league because he has Maurice Richard's demeanour, rather than Henri Richard...

Or we could just not post hate. But thanks for coming out.

I understand some of the hate the Canucks get. Kesler, Burrows, and Lapierre were all hated long before last years run, and it makes opposing players angry that they're key parts to a successful team. If Kesler was on any other team you'd hate his guts with a passion. Also, Luongo comes across as a bit of a dick more often than not.

I've never understood the hate for the Sedin's, though. People just crap all over them because they don't play a hard Canadian style. However, just this past week, Crosby was pretty much criticized for playing hard Canadian style. People try to argue that they're no good without each other, but every time one is them is out (usually Daniel), the other one always does better. Also, their community support is second to none, but that's ignored because it isn't relevant, on the ice. But any city they got drafted to would have greatly benefited from their presence. There's also that diving bull, but they're not the strongest skaters, which makes them get knocked. That's why they're puck handlign skills are so good, though; it's to make up for their lack of skating ability. Most of the time, it looks light strait up xenophobia.

This is a great idea!!! I've been watching the various playoff preview shows over the last couple of days, and my blood is boiling ALREADY!!! LOL.... As usual several of the "pundits" have picked the Kings to upset the Canucks... This team gets ZERO respect and it p!sses me off!!! Good thing they're playing the games and not me... I'd probably run somebody over and seriously hurt them... LMAO

Or we could just be better than they are and ignore it.

The only reason they keep writing that crap is because they know it riles Vancouver fans up. Ignore it and it will go away.

Stop giving these douche bags any more attention than they deserve.

LOATHER BOYS

If you're planning to hate the Canucks, you may as well start learning the team's main characters. Here's Hosea Cheung's quick guideline:

MAXIM LAPIERRE

His devilish grin alone should make your blood boil. Lapierre, who has been filling in on the first line for concussed left winger Daniel Sedin, can deliver bone-crushing hits, be aggravating on the forecheck and trash talk in two languages! Even worse, Lapierre saves his best performances for the playoffs. It's as if he's purposely trying not to be liked.

RYAN KESLER

Goalies hate him for his pinpoint wrist shots. You'll hate him for his hard-nose style of play. When he's not being accused of diving or caught complaining to the refs, the second-line centre is frustrating the heck out of your team with his effective shutdown game. Then he'll rub it in by scoring a critical goal.

KEVIN BIEKSA

This burly defenceman can be found in many post-whistle scrums -- he's the one with the most distasteful scowl on his face. Ignore his "spot-picking" though, he just wants more ice time in hopes of the puck taking another "Bieksa-bounce" off a stanchion and on to his stick for that timely goal.

ALEX BURROWS

When he's not chirping at opponents, he's pulling hair, kneeing groins and biting fingers. But that's not even what makes the Montreal native unbearable. Rather, the right winger's knack for playing hero and scoring big goals is increasingly annoying -- that includes his two overtime winners during the playoffs last year. So are you a scorer or pest, Alex? Make up your mind.

HONOURABLE MENTIONS

Overrated. scapegoat. Tire-pumper. Call goalie Roberto Luongo whatever you want. At least he's consistent -- at being inconsistent ... don't let their $1.5-million donation to a local children's hospital fool you, those greedy Sedin brothers, Henrik and Daniel, refuse to share the puck with opponents as they stick to constant cycling and highlight-reel, no-look passes. No one likes a puck hog.

Thank you.

Ignore the hate.

Ignore the people embracing the hate.

Pay attention to hockey. You know, that game that is played on the ice.

Ignore everything else.

Thank you.

Ignore the hate.

Ignore the people embracing the hate.

Pay attention to hockey. You know, that game that is played on the ice.

Ignore everything else.

This is going to be interesting: on Canoe.ca they have a Live forum starting in 20 minutes called: Why you hate the Canucks (http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL/Playoffs/Vancouver/2012/04/10/19616336.html)

Not sure why or who decided to put this on but I think it's truly sad that a news organization that's Canadian would put something like this on to slam one of the only 2 Canadian teams who made the post season. If you don't like a team that's fine but to go and create a live chat to completely slam a team is classless.

I know why everyone hates the Canucks. When you are on top of the tree, everyone looking from below only sees "a**h**es". It's just where they are looking from.

At least thats what I posted on the Canoe live feed.. lol

Or we could just be better than they are and ignore it.

The only reason they keep writing that crap is because they know it riles Vancouver fans up. Ignore it and it will go away.

Stop giving these douche bags any more attention than they deserve.

seems they don't like pro-vancouver comments in that live chat.

nothing appears unless its hate vs vancouver.

I find laughing at people when they hate on the Canucks works great, makes them even angrier which makes me laugh harder. It doesn't matter what they say or think because personally, I hate every other team in the league so I would be a little confused if they didn't hate our team. And when the Canucks win the cup this year they will hate them even more (I hope)

I'd personally love to take a couple of these journalists, analysts and players and embrace them. Real tight. Maybe in a d'arce choke or something along those lines.

But in the end Canucks fans will have the last laugh.

I'd personally love to take a couple of these journalists, analysts and players and embrace them. Real tight. Maybe in a d'arce choke or something along those lines.

But in the end Canucks fans will have the last laugh.

You don`t know how to have fun.

HATE embraces rivalries. Don`t be some sour whiner, oh my goodness, my team is being hated on. Embrace it, its what fuels passion. I want to see passionate Canuck fans, not guys like you who sit in club seats in your suits, to drink beer, eat pizza and talk work at a PLAYOFF GAME!!!!!!!