The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What Do You Think Of New D-Lines

etown11

Hamhuis - Tanev

Edler - Bieksa

Rome - Salo

^^^ these are tonight's lineups. i think it looks good and i hope it works out well. it looks like there's gonna be a bit more balance to the D, Tanev and Rome with the responsible vets and Edler and Bieksa together for a hard-hitting shot-taking pair

Hamhuis - Tanev

Edler - Bieksa

Rome - Salo

^^^ these are tonight's lineups. i think it looks good and i hope it works out well. it looks like there's gonna be a bit more balance to the D, Tanev and Rome with the responsible vets and Edler and Bieksa together for a hard-hitting shot-taking pair

I think Hamhuis/Tanev will be an even better shutdown pair than Hamhuis with Bieksa - and putting Edler and Bieksa together creates a pair that can defend but can also really put the scoring pressure on against the right matchups - Salo should solidify the third pairing - good balance there.

p.s. also allows AV to avoid overworking any particular pair.

The defense pairings look fairly solid. I think the smartest 6 defensemen are in the lineup tonight and there is a good amount of the physical element as well which will be needed against the Kings.

Tanev has played very well thus far. If anything i'd prefer Gragnani with Salo, but am fine with the added physical play Rome brings.

I like these D pairings if Rome decides to play the way he should play. Rome is a solid body who can throw his weight around nicely and play decent defense/offense.

Unfortunately, sometimes it looks as if he gets the idea in his mind that his name is Erik Karlsson. When this happens Rome tries to make passes he's not capable of making, or he attempts to carry the puck over the opposing blue line himself...from his own end!

These plays almost always result in a classic Rome giveaway. Nothing has frustrated me more this year than Rome's giveaways. They are usually brutal to watch and leave me yelling at my TV.

If he can stick to a simple game and not overstep his skillset, I think these D pairings will work well.

Archived