Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

Called 9-11 For The First Time In My Life Today

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
33 replies to this topic

#31 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:12 AM

It was a right call calling the cops and asking them to investigate an assault.

One time I saw these two huge hispanic guys raping and assaulting a girl beside Excalibur hotel (in the bushes). It was 4:00 AM and I probably would've got beat by these huge guys and since it was Vegas, and it was in America, they probably had guns too. So sometimes, there are situations where you have to call the cops instead of being a hero. You might play a hero role but at the end, you might end up being a dead hero. Would that be worth it for some stranger vs. calling the cops and letting them deal with the situation? Now if it was a beloved one, a friend or someone close, that is a different story.

Edited by Pouria, 13 April 2012 - 01:13 AM.

Posted Image

#32 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:16 AM

i cannot help myself , if i see a guy hitting a female or a situtation where something like that may occur something inside me snaps , i have had to "intercede" on a few occasions in my life.

Well, in Vancouver it is a bit safer to do it since most people don't own a gun. I have never encountered a female being physically harassed in van city.

Posted Image

#33 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,834 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:34 AM

Well, in Vancouver it is a bit safer to do it since most people don't own a gun. I have never encountered a female being physically harassed in van city.

i live in melbourne, australia , and one of those incidents i mentioned was a friend who used to tell me when we first met that his dad used to beat his mum and him until he was old enough to stop him . a few years later he started bashing his partner repeating the cycle .
a few years ago a hells angel was beating a woman in the middle of melbourne , he shot to death 1 person who jumped into help and seriously injured another .my friends and i talk about this a bit because we are the sort of people who have before and would step in to help and i still believe i would do something to help ,you do not know until the time comes , but it is just something i feel in my heart to be really wrong

The Real war is not between the east and the west. The real war is between intelligent and stupid people.

Marjane Satrapi

tony-abbott-and-stephen-harper-custom-da

That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons that history has to teach.

Aldous Huxley.

#34 мцт вяздк чф

мцт вяздк чф

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,464 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:17 AM

better be safe than sorry.

Edited by мцт вяздк чф, 13 April 2012 - 02:56 AM.

KIM JONG UN'S FAVORITE HOCKEY TEAM ARE THE KELOWNA ROCKETS.

JOHN SHORTHOUSE'S VOICE REMINDS ME OF KERMIT THE FROG.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.