Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shift-4

Canuckaholics Anonymous

192 posts in this topic

My first experience with the Canucks was during the playoffs against the Red Wings, specifically Lidstrom's goal on Cloutier. Nevertheless, I became a fan of the Canucks.

I had no problem waiting year after year for the Canucks to win the cup because I knew they would eventually. This seems like the year for it.

I'm a Canuckaholic, and I have no problem with that!

Awesome thread! Gotta love this time of year!

I too am a canuckaholic, playing hockey from 5 years old to 18 with stan smyl's #12 on my back was my gateway drug.

edit: i am so grateful for television, radio and internet. all of which allow me to get my fix where and when i need it. there is no medicine or support groups for us canuckaholics, just canucks and other canuckaholics.

My first experience with the Canucks was during the playoffs against the Red Wings

I'm a Canuckaholic, and I have no problem with that!

Same here, we were up 2-0! Things were looking swell.

Good call, I was thinking of starting a thread just like this. I was going to call it the "Canucks Group Therapy and Support Thread" or something like that.

Great minds think alike.

Good call, I was thinking of starting a thread just like this. I was going to call it the "Canucks Group Therapy and Support Thread" or something like that.

Great minds think alike.

and idiots seldom differ :lol:

But yeah I had the whole group therapy thing in mind too. We will need it at some point. Even in the wins there are things to be frustrated about.

I'm a relatively new Canuckaholic. I've only been a "real" fan for the last 3-4 years or so. Before then I didn't follow hockey, but I still liked the Canucks and watched all their playoff games. It was my girlfriend who actually got me really liking the Canucks. I believe she is the world's biggest Bieksa fan. She has even told me that if Bieksa was traded she would stop watching hockey. Unlike her however, I've grown to develop a strong appreciation for all aspects of the game, not just the Canucks. If you asked her who Datsyuk or Giroux was she really wouldn't know.

In my few years of hockey experience I've actually gotten somewhat obsessed. I have watched every single game, every season, I never pause or record the game if I can help it (have to watch it live), I always, ALWAYS wear a jersey and canuck socks for every playoff game, and I've started to accumulate a collection of Canucks stuff (3 jerseys, a jacket, 2 flags for my truck, canucks house key, socks, gloves, toques, etc etc).

First (and only) Canucks game I saw live was this year, January 31st at home against the Chicago Blackhawks. Personally I think that was one of the best games Cory Schneider has played as a Canuck as well. Remember that save on Brendan Morrison? Holy crap! I know he turned it over in the first place, but still an amazing recovery. Kesler and Hodgson scored and then Daniel Sedin scored in OT. ::D Plus it was Morrison's first game as a Blackhawk, kinda cool. It was the perfect first game in my opinion. I think the greatest thing I've ever done was seeing that game lol. The atmosphere in the building is UNREAL. When Daniel scored I was high fiving and hugging people I didn't even know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVkFqzZ5ww0

Btw, those Blackhawk fans at 0:15 in the video were sitting pretty much right in front of me all game, they were sooooooo annoying. But look who got the last laugh? :bigblush:

Anyways, I'm just super pumped for tonight. I'm gonna be wearing my brand new Edler jersey and my girlfriend is of course gonna be in her Bieksa jersey. Let's do it!!! :towel: :towel: :towel::frantic: :frantic: :frantic:

And on the mornings following a game loss, do not expect me to admire your latest holiday pictures, bring you your coffee, or to accept quietly that you are a moron for the 26th time and keep my mouth shut about it. Do not expect that I will not be flipping off the guy who cuts me off in traffic and don't expect me to smile until after lunch when the anticipation for the next game begins again.......

:lol:

this thread is obviously needed B)

From that day, I have wanted a cup for the Canucks. It was 1980.. I'm still that little kid who thinks it's not fair.

:(

*hugs*

:(

*hugs*

LoL thanks, I needed that. I've tried to lower my expectations this year just so it doesn't hurt so bad. It's not working though, I could hardly sleep last night. GAH! GO NUCKS!!!!!!!

My name is nuxforever. I am here because I am a Canuckaholic. My friends and family have tried various times to make me quit this habit but I keep relapsing. They all thought after last years final loss, that I would finally be cured. But I couldn't. I am afraid I have gone too far to turn back. It's so hard to quit. Everywhere I turn, I see Canucks. It's so easy to get my fix through CDC, TEAM 1040, CBC, Sportsnet, TSN, the Score, Province, Sun, NHL.com, Youtube etc..............................

It's time to admit. I am a Canuckaholic for life.........................

I am afraid I have gone too far to turn back.

It's time to admit. I am a Canuckaholic for life.........................

^^ This.

Just so you know, Shift, I am loving this thread .. :rolleyes:

Hi my name is Trip

Im an alc, I meen nuckaholic.

I will allways bleed the blood of a Nuck, Year in and year out, No matter what happends.