191 replies to this topic

#31 Yung Pony

Yung Pony

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 705 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:42 PM

I have an essay worth 30% of my grade due tomorrow and rather than the corporation-employee relationship, all I can think about the Canucks-Kings relationship
Posted Image

#32 ronin688

ronin688

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:49 PM

My name is Jamstyles.

And I am a Canuckaholic.

This thread is awesome and Shift's post started us off really well. I'm going to focus on one item rather than the full breadth and depth of my Canuckaholism:

At the beginning of 1992, my family decided we would head for "greener pastures" (economy-wise at the time) and make the move to Calgary during the upcoming summer. What? You mean the land of kicked-in goals and denied dreams? Cuts like a knife mom & dad, cuts like a knife. The fact that I loved Lanny's primo mustache made me wonder if I'd slowly acquiesce to the rest as well. Oh, dread.

I needed a sign. Something to tell me all would be OK and give me the strength to bear what was to come. I REALLY wanted to continue to bleed black red yellow (blue green...), but at that age was scared and doubted my own strength, commitment, testicular fortitude. It had been a rough & tumble 11 years of being a fan (or at least as far back as I could remember in those 11 years), and I knew it wasn't going to get any easier in enemy territory.

March 1, 1992.

In my 11th year. Actually on the day of my friend's 11th birthday party. We were eating a Canucks-decorated cake. Watching it unfold before us on a HUGE tv screen. 1,2. 3,4,5. 11.

We all told him our team did it for his birthday. God forbid I ever stoop so low as to steal someone else's presents on their birthday, but in my heart I claimed this one for me.

It was my nugget, my first piece to wave in front of all the new kids and strangers and meanies and all those who would talk down to an 11-year old in Canucks sweats in a foreign unfriendly land but repping from the heart (via his Canucks sweats and his no-back-down responses to their chiding) the one team he loved. The one team he would love forever.

1994 hurt. Bure soothed. Messier hurt. Linden soothed. Goalie problems hurt. WCE soothed. Moore incident hurt. Sedins soothed.

All the hurt enhanced by being in Calgary and having to take it from all comers.

Numerous things in the last few years have soothed, excited, enhanced my Canuckaholism.

2011 Game 7 hurt.

And Oh man, it's been a tough 10 months being a Nucks fan in Calgary. But I don't want to say my hurt was more or less because of this. This was one for all of us. I wept with all my Canuckaholic brothers and sisters, Vancouver and worldwide.

I know my team - our team, our Canucks, we are all Canucks - will sooth me in numerous ways, but even if for some confounding reason they never did ever again....

I am still Jamstyles.

And I will forever be a Canuckaholic.

(Calgary - get ready to hate on my jersey and Canuckaholism for 2 months, I'm ready...)

Great post, I'm sorry you have to live in Calgary. :sadno:

I have a great memory of being in Calagry for a game just around xmas when the WCE was in full effect. I think we beat them 5-2 and I got to wear my jersey into the saddledome and get razzed mercilessly. I may hate the team, but man is that a nice building to watch a game in.

#33 bohunter

bohunter

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:49 PM

My name is Whalleykid.

And I am a Canuckaholic.

Circa 1982 - King Richard

Thanks for sharing...
Posted Image

#34 Stick-in-Rink

Stick-in-Rink

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:55 PM

POPULAR

My name is Stick-in-Rink

And I am a Canuckaholic.

I'm significantly much younger than many here on CDC. I was never able to enjoy the 94 series, but I was sure to understand everything I possibly could about the series when I got much more into hockey. I technically began to watch hockey in the WCE era. Being born and bred from Vancouver and still a kid, I was just mindlessly flipping channels on the television when hockey was on. I was about to change it when I saw Naslund score a crazy wrister (I can not remember what game) and then I was like woaah this is interesting, I held on to hockey and never let it go after that. My family has never gotten into hockey, in fact I have gotten them into hockey after. I became a huge Luongo fan when he was brought here in 06-07, and will never forget his first play-off game.

As sad as it is, it's only been a couple years or so when I actually began to fully understand the game of hockey. But it doesn't really matter I guess, because I'll know I'll be breathing and living this sport and team for a very long time. People usually dub me as the chick who likes hockey, but they don't really understand what hockey means to me. It's not just a matter of watching the game and going to sleep. It's a true passion and I can't really begin to explain what it means to be. But I'm glad that I discovered these forums (as crazy as they are) not too long ago, to actually have someone to talk to about hockey.

#35 Mad_Duck

Mad_Duck

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:06 PM

Posted Image

Pretty much since then ^.
It was the first 45 I bought. I made my uncle take me out to find it. (anyone under 30 will probably have to ask gramps what a 45 was)

Oddly enough, Mad Duck is one of the names I use.

Edited by Mad_Duck, 11 April 2012 - 04:07 PM.

I put the F U in Fun!

Posted Image

#36 yogolol

yogolol

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:15 PM

POPULAR

My name is Yogolol

And I am a Canuckaholic

I am however the type of Canuckalholic that everyone hates, one that started being one last year starting at game 1 of the finals. I did not care for hockey at all before this point, I knew nothing about the Canucks or any team for that matter. I heard that Vancouver was in the finals and ever since the Olympics I always saw Vancouver as the best city in Canada (this coming from an Ontario boy) and I decided "what the hell, I like Vancouver lets watch a game and take it from there" and boy did I love it. After the loss I was not heartbroken as most here but I still was hurt and I couldn't wait for the season to start again. Now I learned everything I could about the Canucks and I'm ready to watch the NHL playoffs from the beginning for the first time.
Watch my hockey tributes! http://www.youtube.c...urjesuss/videos

#37 Konn Smythe

Konn Smythe

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:16 PM

My name is Konn Smythe.

My memory of the 94 playoffs is just a few flashes here and there, and I didn't really pay attention to the Canucks until 2002 when they played Detroit and even beat them twice. I don't know how I didn't get into it earlier than I did considering how all-consuming it is to me now, and since 02 and that ever-depressing centre ice goal, I have been a Canuckaholic!

I've tried explaining it to my wife, but she just doesn't understand, though she does a fantastic job enabling me and even pacifying me when necessary. It really is more than just a game that I watch, or sometimes play, and especially this time of year when the excitement and anticipation of upcoming games is through the roof, it becomes even more.

That goal by Burrows still gives me shivers, and last year's finals are still something that can put when in a funk when I dwell on it.

Here's to our boys,

GO CANUCKS GO!!!
History spells Conn with a 'K'

#38 mlwaddell

mlwaddell

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:21 PM

POPULAR

I can't remember not being a Canucks fan. I was 4 when they came into the league and as long as I can remember I've been cheering them on. My earliest memories are laying in bed with my transistor radio under my pillow turned down really low so I didn't wake up my 2 brothers I shared a room with.
My favorite memories would be in 94 when my brothers and I took turns taking neices and nephews to playoff games. After this long all I can hope is to see them hoist the cup before I'm gone.

And yes I am a Canuckaholic

#39 one-x

one-x

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:22 PM

Might as well.

Hello everyone, I'm one-x (And I live in T.O).

I was born in a household of leaf fans and at first (I would say until like the age of 6) I was one of them. Eventually, I started staying up later for the Western games on HNIC and that's when I was exposed to the Canucks. I always knew I liked them better, but I just never wanted to admit it, especially in a house full of laugh fans. Eventually in 2007, the canucks acquired my favourite player, Roberto Luongo. It was at this point where I realized I couldn't lie to myself any longer, I was a canuck fan. At first everybody called me a bandwagoner or straight up an idiot. Eventually we got better and better, until we got to last year. The cup run. Of course I was loving it, rubbing it in all of my family's faces...until game 7 of the SCF. The fallout from that was just awful. I got mocked every time I stepped out of my room. Everything from "I hear a choking sound coming from the west" to the sarcastic "Luuu". I really hope our boys can pull it off, it would erase a lot of pain and shut everybody up for good!

I may not have been watching the canucks as long as some of you others, but it doesn't mean im any less passionate.

I'm one-x and I'm a Canuckaholic :D
P.s. I flipped a table when Burr scored last year as I celebrated and I broke a chair after I saw chara lifting the cup

Edited by one-x, 11 April 2012 - 04:25 PM.

Posted Image Posted Image
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#40 WeDreamOfStanley

WeDreamOfStanley

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:33 PM

My name is Yogolol

And I am a Canuckaholic

I am however the type of Canuckalholic that everyone hates, one that started being one last year starting at game 1 of the finals. I did not care for hockey at all before this point, I knew nothing about the Canucks or any team for that matter. I heard that Vancouver was in the finals and ever since the Olympics I always saw Vancouver as the best city in Canada (this coming from an Ontario boy) and I decided "what the hell, I like Vancouver lets watch a game and take it from there" and boy did I love it. After the loss I was not heartbroken as most here but I still was hurt and I couldn't wait for the season to start again. Now I learned everything I could about the Canucks and I'm ready to watch the NHL playoffs from the beginning for the first time.

Just think of 10-20 years from now when you have so many glorious Canuck memories.

One does not need to grow up a Canucks fan to be a true fan, I am glad you have found this addiction, welcome.

#41 chevy55

chevy55

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:35 PM

I have to say, I loved your story OP...thanks for the read!!

Win or lose, like you said, I am here for the journey. No matter what happens it will never be as heartwrenching as last year, so in my mind we can only enjoy the ride and go up from here!!

Cheers
Chevy55

#42 one-x

one-x

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:36 PM

Just think of 10-20 years from now when you have so many glorious Canuck memories.

One does not need to grow up a Canucks fan to be a true fan, I am glad you have found this addiction, welcome.

so true ::D

Edited by one-x, 11 April 2012 - 04:36 PM.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#43 Oregon Canucky

Oregon Canucky

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:37 PM

I am Oregon Canucky and i am a canuckaholic.

While i can not say i have suffered with my addiction for long (3 years), its intensity affects my daily life.

I have found that plans are impossible to make without first checking the game schedule...

I have found i spend way to much on cable and center ice packages so that i can get my fix (as im not in van city).

I have found that i come up with very creative ways to put off what the wife needs until non game days.

So, while my addiction is new... its captivating and its shrinking my wallet...

Edited by Oregon Canucky, 11 April 2012 - 04:42 PM.

Posted Image

Portland Oregon: The first U.S. city to play for the Stanley Cup!

#44 dadsbaggedinbaghdad

dadsbaggedinbaghdad

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:38 PM

POPULAR

My name is dadsbaggedinbaghdad and I am a Canuckaholic.

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference.

Canuckaholic 12-step program:

1: We admitted we were powerless over hockey -- that our lives had become unmanageable (after game 7 against Boston last year)
2: Came to believe that a higher power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity (Henrik Sedin)
3: Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to our higher power (Henrik Sedin)
4: Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves (no more beer at the games)
5: Admitted to our higher power, to ourselves and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs (booing Luongo).
6: Were entirely ready to have our higher power remove all these defects of character (shouting "kill the referee")
7: Humbly asked our higher power to remove our shortcomings (hatred towards Zdeno Chara)
8: Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all (Luongo included)
9: Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others (note: Duncan Keith exempt from 12-step program)
10: Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it (okay, I'm sorry for cursing Vigneault)
11: Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with our higher power, praying only for knowledge of its will for us and the power to carry it out (Lord Stanley)
12: Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to other Canuckaholics, and to practice these principles in all our affairs (go Canucks go)

Edited by dadsbaggedinbaghdad, 11 April 2012 - 04:39 PM.

Posted Image

#45 one-x

one-x

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:41 PM

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference.

Canuckaholic, I am.

Canuckaholic 12-step program:

1: We admitted we were powerless over hockey -- that our lives had become unmanageable (after game 7 against Boston last year)
2: Came to believe that a higher power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity (Henrik Sedin)
3: Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to our higher power (Henrik Sedin)
4: Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves (no more beer at the games)
5: Admitted to our higher power, to ourselves and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs (booing Luongo).
6: Were entirely ready to have our higher power remove all these defects of character (shouting "kill the referee")
7: Humbly asked our higher power to remove our shortcomings (hatred towards Zdeno Chara)
8: Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all (Luongo included)
9: Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others (note: Duncan Keith exempt from 12-step program)
10: Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it (okay, I'm sorry for cursing Vigneault)
11: Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with our higher power, praying only for knowledge of its will for us and the power to carry it out (Lord Stanley)
12: Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to other Canuckaholics, and to practice these principles in all our affairs (go Canucks go)

Posted Image

Infinite pluses for you, pure brilliance!

I must say though, I think i hate Marchand more than Chara.

#46 yogolol

yogolol

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:42 PM

So true, already watching pump up videos and remembering all the goals is so much better than pump ups from the playoffs from last year where I missed most of the goals.
Watch my hockey tributes! http://www.youtube.c...urjesuss/videos

#47 BlazeOn

BlazeOn

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:57 PM

My name is BlazeOn.

I am also a Canuckaholic.

I could not sleep last night and have been up since 2 AM in anticipation of game 1 of the playoffs. Hopefully i make it through the game.

Good shares everybody.Posted Image

#48 Phil_314

Phil_314

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,178 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:58 PM

My name is MessiNacity (formerly TylerEnnis)

My first exposure to the Canucks was during the glory days of the West Coast Express Line, when the likes of "Jovocop", Brent "The Cracker" Sopel and Danny "Volleyball" Cloutier along with the budding Swedes known then (and now) as the Sedins formed an electrifying, promising unit. Despite heartbreaking memories in the past which I'm sure we've all shared (Lidstrom's knuckle-puck, the meltdown against Minnesota, the tough times against the then-powerhouse Avalanche, along with the more recent memories) and even in times when the team looked ready to drag out 1-0 wins on a nightly basis, when names like Trent Klatt, Anson Carter, Aaron Miller, Martin Rucinsky, Alex Auld, and others like Keith Carney, Eric Weinrich became integrally linked to the Canucks, yes, even in these tougher times I was there. And who can forget Luc Bourdon? (RIP)

Of course, it's the good times that deserve to be remembered and treasured most-- when beloved B-Mo scored in triple OT against the Flames, I was in grade 6 then and was jumping and yelling at the top of my lungs (at my friend's house, no less ::D). Captain Hank's 4-OT winner continues to show me the importance of dedication and persistence- can you imagine that? FOUR OVERTIMES? MY legs would certainly be dead by then. Who can forget the early days of Alex Burrows, when he came on to the team roughly around the same time as Kesler, and emerged as one of the most clutch forwards on the team, most memorably knocking out the Blues in a sweep and "slaying the dragon!" (I still love that line)? The list goes on. And so will my life as a Canuckaholic, whether they succeed or not, because I will still BELIEVE.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

Jesus LOVES YOU!
2012, meet Matthew 24:36-47!

14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

#49 dadsbaggedinbaghdad

dadsbaggedinbaghdad

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:01 PM

I must say though, I think i hate Marchand more than Chara.

Totally agree, hate the guy so much that I couldn't remember his name so I just picked Chara off the top of my head. Looks like I'd better get out to another CA meeting tonight to rid myself of these resentments. After the game is over, of course.
Posted Image

#50 Raven

Raven

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:14 PM

'ockey love DOESN't 'urt!

#51 VMR

VMR

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:33 PM

POPULAR

Hello everyone, my name is VMR and I am a canuckaholic.

I feel a game day is not complete unless I am wearing some sort of Canucks logo. I will put on Canuck socks or shirts even if they have not been washed.

I have been a fan for 25 years and tried not to miss a game. My wife watches me go through hell and tries to help me keep my composure. During the playoffs run last year, I would start listening to games in the car on the way home from work and finish watching them on TV. My Daughter "who is 4 now" knows I love the nucks and is supportive of my issues. I have bought her many Canuck toys, clothes and jewelry so she can become a fan like her Dad. During game 7 vs the Blackhawks last year, she saw that I was little more stressed than usual and went upstairs and got me her Canucks Bear to help me relax. Of course I hugged her and cuddled her and the bear. Needless to say, they won that game.

I kept that bear beside me or in the room where I was watching the games for Nashville, Sharks and most of the Boston Series. I had to go away on business and had to watch Game 7 in my hotel room. Before I left for my trip my daughter told me to not forget to pack the bear. OF COURSE I WAS GOING BRING MY BEAR WITH ME. I didn't and you know the rest.

True Story!

I had to get that off my chest.... Maybe I can sleep now. LOL

PS: I have a hard time looking at the bear.

My Name is VMR and I am a canuckaholic.

Edited by VMR, 13 April 2012 - 09:09 AM.

They are my team!
Go Canucks Go!

Posted Image
Thank you VC!!!!!

#52 YEGCanuck

YEGCanuck

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:43 PM

My first exposure to the Canucks was when Pat Quinn was still patrolling the Blue line. I now live in Edmonton and take a lot of grief for supporting my team. I have always being a Canucks fans and always will be. That makes me feel very proud especially at this time of the year.

#53 Danthecanucksfan

Danthecanucksfan

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,329 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:45 PM

this is a true definition of me

#54 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,980 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:48 PM

Great thread. I was really enjoying all the stories from everyone but figured I'd better put mine down before I lose what train of thought I still have right now. I can't wait to go back and read the rest.

My name is DB and I am a Canuckaholic. (I was drunk when I named myself)

I started cheering for the Canucks sometime around 1980 as well. One of my first vivid memories is of walking down my block trading hockey cards. I can still see that John Garrett hugging the post with that orange, yellow, and red striped mask. I've loved the Canucks and had similar experiences to lots I think so I'll share the time I was lucky enough to goto a game at GM place. Unfortunately I am not from Vancouver.

Excuse me I'm a little fuzzy on the exact details but here goes. I don't recall the exact date, maybe 1999, but we were playing nationals in Chilliwack. A friend of mine who played on the team was also a nationally ranked raquetball player and so was the PR agent for the Canucks. He gave us his season tickets (only 2 but about 8 players on the team went) because he was busy with the start of the season. About 10th row behind the benches. The fans and me booed # 11 a lot. It was quiet until the game got crazy and we won 6-5 or something like that. Mogilny was simply awesome and I was surprised at how choppy the puck game was when the big guys were on, even though I'd seen several games before.

The awesome part was we got to go down in the bowels with the press and everyone after the game. My friend and I etched our way into the vip area. We were hanging around when I bumped into Dougie Gilmour who was leaning against a wall with shades on looking incognito. It was funny because it was about 15-20 minutes after the game, no one else was ready and you could see some people in their longjohns and stuff coming out of the showers. Not Gilmour. He was showered, ready to go, all of 5'6, black 3/4 leather jacket, and two hot blondes on his side. :lol:

Then all the guys on the team got to go check out the Canucks dressing room and walk around in it. It was really cool, As everyone is walking around and the PR agent is kind outside the room one of the guys on my team called me over. Goran was from Serbia and could speak little English but he kept motioning to a door. When I looked in there were two Canucks ... it was the treatment room. It took me a second to gather my wits but Goran wanted me to ask them for a picture so I did. We got one with Weekes and Jovanovski. The funny part was Jovo looked like he just came back from a war and it was only 2-3 games in to the year and Weekes was on top of the world as he was the starting goaltender due to injury, and he was undefeated. I remember Jovo was super quiet and wanting to get out of there but Kevin kept telling me to call him and giving me the phone to the ear signal. He was so excited. :lol: It was hilarious, and one of the best times of my life.

I'm DB and I'm a Canuckaholic

!!!!! GO CANUCKS GO !!!!!!!!

"What players need is the right kind of strength and power. That includes learning to understand that leverage and positioning can be just as important as raw strength when it comes to winning battles in the game. It's more about timing and athleticism --and avoiding injury--than it is about how much you can bench press. I don't know how many times I've seen a guy with the physique of a defensive end line up a guy half his size, only to bounce off when he connects. Sure, there is room in the game for big guys who can throw their weight around. But for the most part, players are smart enough to see them coming--and strong enough to protect the puck when they arrive. There are trainers out there who know how to devlop hockey-specific strength--though a trainer can help only if a player follows the program. All too often, I've seen players sign up with the best trainer, but not show up for their workouts and never to reap the benefits."

Bobby Orr - ORR MY STORY Viking 2013

#55 bohunter

bohunter

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:50 PM

Hello everyone, my name is VMR and I am a canuckaholic.

I feel a game day is not complete unless I am wearing some sort of Canucks logo. I will put on Canuck socks or shirts even if they have not been washed.

I have been a fan for 25 years and tried not to miss a game. My wife watches me go through hell and tries to help me keep my composure. During the playoffs run last year, I would start listening games in the car on the way home from work and finish watching them on TV. My Daughter "who is 4 now" knows I love the nucks and is supportive of my issues. I have bought her many Canuck toys, clothes and jewelry so she can become a fan like her Dad. During game 7 vs the Blackhawks last year, she saw that I was little more stressed than usual and went upstairs and got me her Canucks Bear to help me relax. Of course I hugged her and cuddled her and the bear. Needless to say, they won that game.

I kept that bear beside me or in the room where I was watching the games for Nashville, Sharks and most of the Boston Series. I had to go away on business and had to watch Game 7 in my hotel room. Before I left for my trip my daughter told me to not forget to pack the bear. OF COURSE I WAS GOING BRING MY BEAR WITH ME. I didn't and you know the rest.

True Story!

I had to get that off my chest.... Maybe I can sleep now. LOL

PS: I have a hard time looking at the bear.

My Name is VMR and I am a canuckaholic.

lol...
Posted Image

#56 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,215 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:49 PM

my name is dave
and i am a canuckaholic

i started following the canucks in 1997 when i first visited your beautiful city and discovered the game of ice hockey .
i am a skier, mountain biker and not really into team sports , you can put in 100% and if your teamates don't you're screwed , but by the end of my first ski season in your country i think i was looking forward more to tuesday night drop in hockey and hockey night in canada than i was powder days , but we rode a lot of pow that year ..
i have followed them ever since but it is only in the last 2 years because of intense personal issue's in my life that i have invested so much of myself in them, and boy have they rewarded me me .
as much as i love following the canucks , i love reading and posting on these boards too , and get up most morning's looking forward to finding out what is on cdc's mind .
am waiting to be assigned my sponsor

Edited by puckinloveicehockey, 11 April 2012 - 06:50 PM.

The Real war is not between the east and the west. The real war is between intelligent and stupid people.

Marjane Satrapi

tony-abbott-and-stephen-harper-custom-da

That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons that history has to teach.

Aldous Huxley.

#57 erkayloomeh

erkayloomeh

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:22 PM

awesome thread
I remember being 9 yrs old in 1972. somebody gave me a habs jersey for christmas which i wore with pride as i was just getting into playing street hockey with the older Yarrow dudes. i wore the jersey to work with my mom and her boss asked me (actually scolded me) why i was wearing that frog jersey when i have my own team here in vancouver. i cant remeber the details but somehow out of that i became a canucks fan, got a nucks jersey and thats when the canuckaholic started. Not long after that i would lay in my bed at night listening to the games and keeping track of the games stats on paper. there are certain things i will always remember like when the canucks were getting clobbered by the penguins something like 6-1 and then came storming back in the third and almost won the game.(i was sitting on my grandmas floor watching it on a fuzzy little black and white tv) then there were the streakers against the islanders and spider lockets back to back shutouts against the california golden seals.
I also dreamed of the day when my older sister who most guys were after, would marry Don Lever.
Its time
GOD BE PRAISED

#58 canuck2379

canuck2379

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:45 PM

loving this thread...and the great stories of Canuck fans. I only started following hockey in the last couple of years, and became a Canucks fan during the playoffs last year but....

...my name is Canuck2379 and I am most definitely a Canuckaholic.

#59 Shift-4

Shift-4

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,452 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:34 PM

I knew my Canuckaholism was raging when I cheered after Burrows goal. The yell leaped out of me so fast and hard I scared everyone in the house.........

........including myself. :lol:
Hockey is the only sport, the rest are just games.

#60 ILL BILL NECRO

ILL BILL NECRO

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:43 PM

Im a full blown alcoholic watching the canucks is just something to do while I drink...
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.