191 replies to this topic

#181 yes we can nucks

yes we can nucks

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,895 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:38 AM

This thread reminds me of my thread of the exact same name a few years ago. Some goof questioned the validity of the word 'Canuckaholic' and asked 'what's a canuckahol?' I pointed out that workaholic and chocoholic are also used a lot.... so what's a 'workahol' or 'chocohol'? LOL. He had nothing to say after that. Having said that.... I've been a Canuckaholic since day 1 of the team, and always will be. There's no cure for me.

#182 howswedeitis76

howswedeitis76

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 04:27 PM

My name is howswedeitis, and I am a Canuckaholic

My journey began in 82, as well, though I didn't know much more than to yell "Go Canucks Go!" What's the blue line? Who cares?!
I watched Tiger Williams ride his stick and that was good enough for me.

I became more involved too when Bure came to our pond. Him and Linden were my heroes through high school. Ronning too...I actually had a signed hockey card from him and Troy Gamble from when they happened to be in Port Alberni during one of our summer visits.

94 broke my heart and was simultaneously one of my best memories of the time. We watched the game on the ferry, on a little 13 inch TV. If any Canuckleheads were on that ferry, you can thank my Dad for his foresight...though we would have denied involvement if the ferry had flipped over due to the crowd at the one end of the boat.

I too struggled with grief and depression during the Keenan/Messier years...but found reason to hope in the slow, steady emergence of two rising stars, Naslund and Bertuzzi. I'm half Swede, and the success of Naslund was a source of sort of patriotic pride. Not coincidentally, my other fave team was Toronto back then, because of a certain well established captain. My first live game featured a fight between Belak and Brashear near the opening face-off, a hat-trick by Sundin, and a 3 point night by Naslund. I think the Sedins potted a few points that night...can't remember what the date of the game was, but it was epic, even though the Canucks lost.

I recently became part of Canucks history personally, in a way, as I am credited with supplying the former goal song, Electric Worry... (that's right, haters, you have someone to blame. Still say it's the best goal song, but as far as alternatives go, Black Keys was the best of the rest!) I was at that same Jan 31st game mentioned above and saw that amazing Schneider save from a seat behind the goal, courtesy of tickets from DJ Dave.

I don't get to watch my Nucks nearly as often as I would like, as I am stuck in the heartland of the 'Lames, but I still don blue and brave the red masses whenever I have the money, and the Nucks are in town.

GO CANUCKS!

#183 ruffdeezy

ruffdeezy

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:16 PM

I'm ruffdeezy, also a Canuckaholic

My first real taste was in 94 when I was in grade 5. Started going to a few games a year once they moved to GM place. My addicition ramped up in 02 when we beat Detroit twice. It really ramped up when Matt Cooke scored with 6 seconds left to force OT in round 1 Game 7 against the Flames. I joined the ticket waiting list in 2005 right after the lockout ended. In 2008 I finally got an ice pack. My best live experience was game 1 of the finals when Raffi Torres scored with 18 seconds left. This year is my first year as a full season ticket holder and I'm pumped for the game tomorrow.

#184 brooker

brooker

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 01:03 PM

First (and only) Canucks game I saw live was this year, January 31st at home against the Chicago Blackhawks. Personally I think that was one of the best games Cory Schneider has played as a Canuck as well. Remember that save on Brendan Morrison? Holy crap! I know he turned it over in the first place, but still an amazing recovery. Kesler and Hodgson scored and then Daniel Sedin scored in OT. ::D Plus it was Morrison's first game as a Blackhawk, kinda cool. It was the perfect first game in my opinion. I think the greatest thing I've ever done was seeing that game lol. The atmosphere in the building is UNREAL. When Daniel scored I was high fiving and hugging people I didn't even know.

That was my first live game as well. My Brother took me for my Christmas gift. I am from the Island and I just remember the vibe of all the people on the ferry going over to the game. I was pumped to see B-Mo play.

Edited by brooker, 06 October 2013 - 01:04 PM.

#185 LordStanleyCometh

LordStanleyCometh

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:39 PM

I joined CDC in order to say...............

BEST. THREAD. EVER.

I am LordStanleyCometh and I too, am a Canuckaholic!

#186 Maniwaki Canuck

Maniwaki Canuck

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 844 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:09 AM

I'm Manniwaki Canuck and I'm a Canuckaholic, and probably a masochist too if there's any difference. Sometimes I wish I wasn't, but I am. I go back to 1970, when we got the short straw (Dale Talon), not Gilbert Perreault. But Rosaire Paiment scored 38 while we sucked hard. The 70s were brutal but there were some good players (Bobby Schmautz, Gary Smith, Don Lever) and good moments, like when we took one game from Montreal in the playoffs (1977? I remember being at that game, Paulin Bordeleau scoring in a 1-0 victory). I was in Peru totally incommunicado during the 1982 run, and couldn't believe it when I found out that the Canucks had been to the finals- it was incomprehensible that we could even win a playoff round given our track record. Back in time for the Neely trade and more devastatingly bad years. Then we got Linden, then GINO, then Bure! Then the Garth Butcher trade makes us a contender in the early 90s, then the 94 run. It was definitely more noble than our 2011 defeat: that team came from behind and never gave up, and we were one goalpost away. The Keenan-Messier years were the worst betrayal of all and I almost walked away then. From the WCE days onwards, everyone knows the story. I haven't lived in Vancouver since 1985 but I grew up there and the Canucks are one way I keep the faith with where I'm from. Of course I want us to win and of course it kills me that we've come so close and not made it over the top, but in the end, it's about hanging in through thick and thin.

#187 VMR

VMR

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:24 AM

I joined CDC in order to say...............

BEST. THREAD. EVER.

I am LordStanleyCometh and I too, am a Canuckaholic!

Yep, and welcome!
They are my team!
Go Canucks Go!

Posted Image
Thank you VC!!!!!

#188 hank&dan

hank&dan

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:33 AM

You guys are crazy. I just like watching the Sedins
Posted Image

But as usual, Bieksa makes the routine defensive play a hair-raising adventure.

#189 VMR

VMR

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 05:12 PM

My Name is VMR and I am a Canuckaholic.

We are more than half way through the season and it has been a bumpy right as of late. I have full confidence win or lose that my obsession with the Canucks will never end. Lets get back to winning more Hockey Games, start with beating Boston right now!

My Name is VMR and I am a Canuckaholic.
They are my team!
Go Canucks Go!

Posted Image
Thank you VC!!!!!

#190 VMR

VMR

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 02:13 PM

My Name is VMR and I am a Canuckaholic!

I am here to say that I am still addicted to the Canucks.

My Name is VMR and I am a Canuckaholic!

They are my team!
Go Canucks Go!

Posted Image
Thank you VC!!!!!

#191 menace

menace

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 02:44 PM

My name is Menace and I am a Canuckaholic,

I started following in 1980 and quit cheering for the Habs as a 9yr old.

I fell off the wagon after 82 and couldn't keep it together again till 1990.

A cute Girl and I went to a game together and the hook was set again.

My relationship with Canucks hockey is a healthy one since I am a hockey fan as well.

Looking forward to this new era of management I would consider this the "Good Guy" era and not the "Ego" era anymore.

Thanks for listening fellow "Holics" and great post OP!.

Menace

#192 canuckpuckluck15

canuckpuckluck15

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 03:32 PM

Hi I'm Canuckpuckluck15 and I'm a Canuckaholic. I was born in Vancouver but lived my life in Sydney Australia. My first memories of hockey are related to an Canucks branded air hockey table I received as a gift when I was a small child, from 1980 I started following the NHL and the Canucks, I was in Vancouver on Holidays during the 1982 season and saw a few games. I returned to Van in 1992 and spent a few months enjoying my time in the city. I was fortunate enough to see a number of games and got a photo with Gino Odjick. That photo always brings back awesome memories of the great time I had during that winter.
I have become a full blown Canuckaholic since 2007. It's gotten so bad that I feel cheated if I miss a game ( god bless the internet).
At times I wish I didn't spend so much of my time watching hockey, but I am an addict. Maybe if the Canucks could just win a cup then maybe I can take a break from this addiction and have a normal life.
I am Canuckpuckluck15 and I'm a Canuckaholic !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.