Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

My Plead To Fans, Especially Those At The Game (Luongo)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
58 replies to this topic

#31 Tokasmoka

Tokasmoka

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:00 PM

You sure they aren't saying 'boo-urns'? seriously pointless thread, you can't tell people what to do, how to cheer, they nutted up for the tickets that you couldn't get. If Lu poops the bed dam straight they have every right to boo him. The window is closing fast and it's starting to get cold outside.

#32 nucksnavsfan

nucksnavsfan

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,082 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:00 PM

I'm sure he can't tell the difference between Lou and Boo anyway.

Ya he can, when he first came here his wife asked him why the fans were booing him and he explained that they weren't booing they were 'Looooing'
I think it's classless booing your own players regardless of paying for tickets, etc. you are a fan there to have fun and cheer on your team , besides it makes the rest of us look bad on national television , especially during the Play-offs the team doesn't need that
Posted Image Go Canucks Go Posted Image

I should change my name now that Sakic has retired but I'm too lazy ..... he was the only reason for the avs part .... goodbye and good luck Burnaby Joe !

#33 dadsbaggedinbaghdad

dadsbaggedinbaghdad

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:23 PM

On September 2, 2009 the Canucks announced that they had signed Luongo to a 12-year contract extension worth $64 million for a $5.33 million annual salary cap hit. The front-loaded deal, which will expire by the time Luongo is 43 and includes a no-trade clause, sees him make $10 million in 2010–11, then approximately $6.7 million annually through to 2017–18, $3.3 million and $1.6 million the subsequent two seasons, before tailing off to $1 million for the final two years.

I hope Luongo earns his keep tonight. I certainly won't boo any Canuck on the ice but I'd rather see Schneider in between the pipes.

#34 theminister

theminister

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,296 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:25 PM

What I'd like to hear...

Even if Lou lets in an early goal, the fans chant:

SHUT - THE - DOOR !!!
SHUT - THE - DOOR !!!
SHUT - THE - DOOR !!!
SHUT - THE - DOOR !!!

Unlikely, I know, but it would be nice for a change.

small.pngNEW YORK ISLANDERS ROSTER - CDC GM LEAGUEsmall.png

2013 CDCGML CUP CHAMPIONS

#35 justsayin

justsayin

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:30 PM

There is a lot of banter on here about fans that boo their own players not being "real fans". Yankee fans boo their own players all the time and they are some of the most loyal and knowledgeable fans in baseball.

BTW, I'm not a Yankees fan and I don't support booing for the most part. Like it or not, it's here to stay.

#36 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,688 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:37 PM

I think Luo is more prepared mentally and emotionally than he ever has been playing here.

He has shown some real maturity this year that I have never seen him able to display before.

This is Luo's defining year and it is safe to say our chances are best with rennaisance Luo in the net.

This is a very decisive year for Luo and his career.I doubt if the boo birds will have a chance this year's playoffs.

#37 chevy55

chevy55

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:40 PM

I have never, and do not ever see whereas I would boo our goalie, nor any of our players...I support through and through!

GO CANUCKS GO and great thread sir!!

Chevy55

#38 Wilfred

Wilfred

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,501 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:47 PM

yup. I don't like luongo as a goalie either, and I feel he's going to lose the playoffs for the canucks again, but booing him is only going to make the situation worse.

hopefully he's clutch and comes thru anyway

Yes because Luongo always "loses the playoffs" :picard:

#39 NUCKS4CUP 28

NUCKS4CUP 28

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,348 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:50 PM

yup. I don't like luongo as a goalie either, and I feel he's going to lose the playoffs for the canucks again, but booing him is only going to make the situation worse.

hopefully he's clutch and comes thru anyway

Take your head out of your ass and stop cheering for the Canucks, thanks.
Posted Image

Believe in bLUOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

#40 RBCanucks

RBCanucks

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:57 PM

I agree with the OP. Luongo has received the message. I hate Luongo's inconsistency (though I love him when he's on his game) but I truly believe he's really on a short leash and it will only take 1 or 2 bad periods for him to get the pull this year.

Booing him shows a serious lack of class at this point.

We can win it all this year if Luongo stays on his game or with Schneider, given that he stays in his net and stops playing the puck (my god he is terrible at it).

Edited by rbcanucks87, 11 April 2012 - 04:59 PM.

#41 sdnucksfan

sdnucksfan

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:13 PM

he is an emotional player...

but last year didn't majority of the blowouts come on the road?.. what are we supposed to do about the other mean fans picking on poor luongo?

we're playing LA, its totally legit to stab people rooting for your opposing team there. I.E a Giants fan at a Dodger game last season.

which brings me to my next point. if youre going to the games in LA be careful, dont be a loudmouth idiot and draw attention to yourself, cheer on the nucks and mind your own business.

some LA fans go moreso to look for confrontation than enjoy a game. and just as people waited outside rogers arena to riot last year, there will be people waiting around to start sh!t in down town LA....this is why i wont go to LA games, however, anaheim is very nice and a little closer to where i live. too bad were not playing them, it would've been easier lol.

#42 Geoff Peterson

Geoff Peterson

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:49 PM

If you are going to "Boo"....Boo the refs...it might not help, but it sure make one feel better...'CBS CARES'

#43 Danthecanucksfan

Danthecanucksfan

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,306 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:49 PM

luongo is so used to it he says he doesn't even care anymore

#44 Hockey Fever

Hockey Fever

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,808 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:55 PM

Don't worry i won't Boo, i've had too much disappointment in my life to even waist my energy.

Posted Image

NHL Wikipedia : Operates Major Ice Hockey League known for predetermining Stanley Cup winners and rampant corrupt officiating

"I would love for (the Canucks) to win the Stanley Cup because that would put to bed all the talk about 1994", he says facetiously".
Nathan Lafayette on hitting the post in game seven of the Stanley Cup.

#45 TimberWolf

TimberWolf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,363 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:10 PM

Take your head out of your ass and stop cheering for the Canucks, thanks.

I don't think you should boo unless the team is putting on a crapfest effort, but you should take your own advice. Stop being an elitist, you are not a superior fan to anyone. Nor are they superior to you.

We are all canucks.

I was saying Lu-Urns...

star-wars-hockey-goal.gif?w=284

#46 NuckifiedBenchWarmer

NuckifiedBenchWarmer

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:12 PM

Agreed ! Luongo haters gon hate. Those guys aren't fans. They're a bunch of dick heads that go for beer , not hockey.

Proud Louuuuuuu Supporter! F & A <3
"Like a cockroach, these guys just won't die. And they may survive some higher-profile species and make the playoffs." -- 3/00: ESPN Power Rankings for the Canucks

Pop the champagne bottle and celebrate now. Who cares about later.

#47 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,651 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:12 PM

The fact that this thread even needs to be made says a lot about the fanbase. I could maybe see some boos if this were the finals and everyone is hungry and on edge, but if anyone gets booed game 1 of round 1 then I want nothing to do with such a fanbase.

See ya around then .. B)

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#48 D.Doughty

D.Doughty

Canucks Third-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,013 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:17 PM

How badly do you guys hate bandwagoners?

#49 TimberWolf

TimberWolf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,363 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:19 PM

How badly do you guys hate bandwagoners?

Not at all here. Welcome aboard and enjoy the fun I say to them.

Make some noise and wear the blue. See you next playoffs if it goes south :)

I was saying Lu-Urns...

star-wars-hockey-goal.gif?w=284

#50 RBCanucks

RBCanucks

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:24 PM

Toronto fans have every right to boo.... but we're just spoiled.

I agree. When nosebleed tickets run an average of $120 and decent tickets cost upwards of $200 and the team being put on the ice is consistently one of the worst in the league, the fans have every right to boo. Toronto pay the most out of any other fan in the NHL and get the least in return.

I drove from Toronto to Montreal to see a Habs-Leafs game for my birthday last year and it was STILL cheaper to pay for the gas (6 hour drive each way), hotel, food, tickets, ect. than it was to drive 40 minutes to the ACC to watch the Leafs-Canucks game.

To compare I can pay to be on the glass at the Bell Centre (still one of the most expensive places to watch a hockey game) for the same price as the seat at the back row of the lower bowl at the ACC. Canadian fans already get milked as is to go to games and support their teams, but what they do in Toronto is disgusting.

By comparison from my personal experience (per ticket):

- Panthers: $40 for the lower bowl (includes food and a drink)

- Sens/Red Wings: $60-$100 for upper bowl, $80-$120 for lower bowl tickets. Under $200 for "premium" seats.

- Leafs: $100 for upper bowl, $200 for upper-lower bowl, $250+ for lower-lower bowl, $400+ "premium" seats.

This does not include the amount of free t-shirts/jersey giveaways that occur in a lot of American markets.

The Leafs won only 7 of their last 28 games of the season, most of which were blowout losses. Toronto fans have every right to boo their team.

As far as I'm concerned Vancouver Canuck fans (myself included) are far too spoiled in how good our team is. As fans we should show some class. I don't see Luongo getting many chances this post-season and I'd hate for this to turn into another Patrick Roy-Habs situation should he get pulled in favour of Schneider.

#51 CowtownCanuck

CowtownCanuck

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:24 PM

Oh good, another "leave Brittany alone" Luongo thread.

Boooooo-ongo!

#52 canuck2379

canuck2379

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:40 PM

I'm sure he can't tell the difference between Lou and Boo anyway.

I know I couldn't tell...my first (and so far only) game at Rogers Arena I couldn't work out why the fans were booing the goalie...took me about 2 periods to realise they were saying looouuuu and not booooo!! :picard:

#53 dadsbaggedinbaghdad

dadsbaggedinbaghdad

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:50 PM

Posted Image

Edited by dadsbaggedinbaghdad, 11 April 2012 - 07:10 PM.

Posted Image

#54 Scoobydooby

Scoobydooby

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,388 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:02 PM

i definitely feel your pain op, but unfortunately people will still bash lu win or lose. Hes used to it, the team is used to it, Im sure they all think its bull$hit, since it is, but it will continue.
look at some of the morons in this thread who cant help but elude to schnieder being a better goalie.. this thread isnt even about schnieder at all yet they simply cant help themselves..
fact is that if schnieds got the big contract here and couldnt win a cup he'd get the exact same treatment.

just come to terms with the fact that there are people in this city who feel like they are special and entitled and believe that its their right to mercilessly criticize players on our team and show them no support. stupid people are a dime a dozen these days. try not to let their ignorance get the better of you and just enjoy the games!

Posted Image

#55 Millerdraft

Millerdraft

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,509 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:04 PM

What I'd like to hear...

Even if Lou lets in an early goal, the fans chant:

SHUT - THE - DOOR !!!
SHUT - THE - DOOR !!!
SHUT - THE - DOOR !!!
SHUT - THE - DOOR !!!

Unlikely, I know, but it would be nice for a change.

Great suggestion!

I wonder what this fanbase would chant if Louie pulled a "April 11th, 2012 MA Fleury"...

Kassian.... Taylor Pyatt 3.0

Lies. He's more of a Steve Bernier. Hopefully his talent level goes up so he can become like a Taylor Pyatt.

#56 Tyler18

Tyler18

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:16 PM

Posted Image

Another playoff photoshop thread? Last years gave me a good laugh.

Edit: Nevermind I found it lol

Edited by Tyler18, 11 April 2012 - 07:18 PM.

#57 dadsbaggedinbaghdad

dadsbaggedinbaghdad

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:29 PM

Another playoff photoshop thread? Last years gave me a good laugh.
Edit: Nevermind I found it lol

I whipped this up real fast so that I could head out to my buddy's in time for the game (yeah, yeah - I know - it looks like it was done in a rush). Got some great 3 Stooges photoshops on the way...

Go Canucks Go! It's 7:20 PM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted Image

#58 Christopherman

Christopherman

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:35 PM

Burrows First Goal Of The Playoffs For The Nucks!

Go Canucks! :towel:

#59 Christopherman

Christopherman

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:41 PM

WOOHOO! :towel:

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.