The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bitz Upcoming Suspension

Harbinger

Moronic play

Left his feet, led with the elbow, and head was the principal point of contact.

For a guy who has waited a long time to get his shot in the NHL, that was a heck of a way to blow the opportunity

There was no reason Bitz to have followed through, he saw Clifford in a vulnerable position, targeted the head, no signs of letting up, and it was quite visible that Clifford wasn't going to turn around.

Bitz will get the book thumped on him for that. considering what has happened to past incidents and not so recently Daniel Sedin and Duncan Keith incident, that really just sheds a lot of negativity on us. This is definetly something that we are trying to take out of the game. I get it, the games full of emotions and fast but honestly what Bitz did was totally uncalled for.

Especially at the time of the game, we just started gaining momentum in the second period, and he does that. Tie game, and sends us on a 5 minute goose chase, just absolutely pathetic, placed us behind the 8 ball early in the game.

1 game suspension. 5 min major is a pretty significant penalty on its own and i didnt think the hit was terrible. As for those ready to park Bitz on the bench id still give him another chance. Love his grit, unfortunately sometimes bad hits are going to happen..what can you do. He was pretty upset about it, knew it was a bad hit...move on.

Mike Richards hit Burrows in a very similar fashion in the second period, where Burrows bounced right into another King. Replay shows Burrows' head was targeted. Burrows was woozy coming back up. No call, not even a 2 minute for hit to head.

Can't find any replays on youtube... all the Richards / Burrows hits are of the last one near the end of the game.

In my mind, Richards should have at least been given a two-minute penalty for hit to head on Burrows in second period.

Archived