The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

These Refs Need To Let Them Play The Game

AJG187

Makes me sick guess the NHL wants big market US teams early for the ratings.. 7 power plays Really?? I know 2 were way self induced but they were put in that situation in the first place... Almost make me feel like last year when another player can break a Canucks friggen back and not even a penalty. Sigh

it's tough to draw the line between "playoff hockey momentum-shifting hit" (e.g. the Booth hit on Doughty when he left his feet) and dirty play, and to be fair I believe the refs are only doing their best to make the best subjective judgments according to what they see (or punishing those hits that need to be, as in when guys get their faces mashed into the glass while they're not looking). Of course, I don't think the Kassian or Lapierre hits should've been punished from a fan perspective, and the Bitz one was only punished because Clifford was on all fours and unable to stand up.

Enjoy the games everybody

Can't talk both ways... If Canucks got all those PP's would you say the refs need to let them play? Don't think so. Canucks need to stop goofin around making stupid plays throwing the puck over the glass and taking runs at players ( charging calls).

They'll be better in the third though :) Typical Canucks 3rd period finatics.

it's tough to draw the line between "playoff hockey momentum-shifting hit" (e.g. the Booth hit on Doughty when he left his feet) and dirty play, and to be fair I believe the refs are only doing their best to make the best subjective judgments according to what they see (or punishing those hits that need to be, as in when guys get their faces mashed into the glass while they're not looking). Of course, I don't think the Kassian or Lapierre hits should've been punished from a fan perspective, and the Bitz one was only punished because Clifford was on all fours and unable to stand up.

Enjoy the games everybody

wow... you couldn't even wait 1 stinking game before crying about the refs and how they have it "in" for the 'Nucks!? And when the refs do "let it go" then you'll be back on here screaming about how the refs aren't calling penalties.

Archived