The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

These Refs Need To Let Them Play The Game

AJG187

When the first sentence of a post contains a spelling error that even a grade 4 student can recognize and correct, it's a little difficult to attach a whole lot of credibility to the rest of the post. And I have plenty of friends, thank you. But thanks for your great insight into my personal life, do you have the numbers for the next lottery draw, too? :rolleyes:

same ole crap, quick gets to choke up on a two hand slash to kessler after the snow shower, thats all good. In the same game richards is allowed to spear louongo in the kneck right in front of 4 refs, thats all good also. The most consistant thing about the officiating is that it is unconsistant and bad game in and game out

It's the lack of consistancy that's making everybody crazy. The Canucks got roughed up and out muscled in last years final. In light of this they got younger, faster, and bigger. First half of this season EVERYTHING got called and the game somewhat reverted back to a skill game leaving the Canucks "bigger" players seeing little ice time. As the season progressed (and certainly as the trade deadline neared) NOTHING got called, so again, the Canucks "bulked" up (Kassian, etc.) in anticipation for a long, tough, playoff run only to find that EVERYTHING got called again last night. Aside from the obvious delay of game penalties, etc., there were penalties called last night that that I haven't seen called since the beginning of the season and certainly weren't called at anytime in last years playoffs. Makes absolutely NO sense to me whatsoever.

:)

I know you did and the discussion ended there with no response from me even with your little jab at the end of your post. Thanks for dropping back in to throw another one, though.

And for the record, the edits were to ADD something, oh brilliant one. :rolleyes:

(Much like this edit to bold the section of your post I was responding to)

Nothing wrong with game called last night. Other than the Kesler call I thought they were deserved. Could have been few more called with the spearing going on. Burr played like he was still in the.ECHL and Edler coughed up more pucks than be would in a regular month.

I not surprised that people are complaining about the officiating last night, (it is CDC after all) but I have to say that virtually all of the penalties were deserved. In fact, the Canucks got the benefit of the doubt on the first goal, which could easily have been waved off for goaltender interference. I think the refs got that one right, but I've seen goals called back for less...

For those of you complaining about Kesler's "unsportsmanlike" penalty, you should think back to our last meeting with the Kings, when Kyle Clifford was called for doing the exact same thing. Bear in mind, the LA was fighting for their playoff lives at the time.

Personally, I don't like the call, but what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Don't be a douche, he stated many good points and at least I agree with all of them. So don't just look at the spelling or grammar to judge a argument. In fact you just post that douchy comment ju because you don't have any better comeback.

I not surprised that people are complaining about the officiating last night, (it is CDC after all) but I have to say that virtually all of the penalties were deserved. In fact, the Canucks got the benefit of the doubt on the first goal, which could easily have been waved off for goaltender interference. I think the refs got that one right, but I've seen goals called back for less...

It's silly to blame the refs for the loss. Other than the Kesler call which could have been a make up call for a possibly non call on the Canucks 1st goal, all calls were justified. Many of the hits delivered by the Canucks that were called were late hits.

Once in a while Vancouver would lose a game when their emotions are too high to be out of control and you see a continuous march in to the box. A typical example is when they player Chicago, they will lose a game or two each season in a fashion similar to last night. Do this again in game two and it will bve another loss and blame the refs again. But where was AV when they took non stop penalties for halg of the game? Was he supposed to calm his troops and tell them to play hoskey? Kesler and Lapierre were too involved in chirping and not playing hockey. Kesler has to play between whistles to be efficient.

Wait, you think the correct call was made on that play and we should be grateful and therefore not complain about the missed calls because of one they got right?

I do agree though that they made the correct call on that play. The contact was made entirely outside of the crease, Kesler was skating in a part of the ice he has as much right to and Quick stuck his foot out of the crease in Kesler's lane while making a play. Kesler even tried to minimize the contact as required to do (rather than attempting to embellish, as CBC insisted).

Good point. Of course, it was widely known to be an iffy call then. And that gets called but spearing at Luo after the whistle doesn't?

Archived