The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

These Refs Need To Let Them Play The Game

AJG187

They lost because they didn't play a full 60 minutes. You can't expect to show up for the first 5 or so minutes and then ride the rest of the period. Officiating wasn't terrible, but it wasn't ideal either. I mean, how do you argue against most of them? I agree with the Kesler call (questionable) but don't forget the one on (forget King player) for the "trip" on Hank-- which, from a Kings fan could also be viewed as questionable. Bottom line: There were non-calls for both sides. Also, don't forget, the Canucks had the opportunity on 2 powerplays to score and they didn't. They barely got set up and had next to no shots on goal. Luongo kept them in it and not to mention, RIchards was totally on his game. Its only one game; a test for the Canucks to see just how aggressive the Kings would come out.. and, did they ever.

Refs won the game once again. seeing the bs of the final from last year. hmm. NHL is digging a hole. Love the Nucks, but will not be a NHL fan for long if this keeps up. Not saying much more if this is what it entails. Over it. Better things to watch. Just hope it isn't so bias. Kings got away with a ton of penalties. Lamesause

Refs won the game once again. seeing the bs of the final from last year. hmm. NHL is digging a hole. Love the Nucks, but will not be a NHL fan for long if this keeps up. Not saying much more if this is what it entails. Over it. Better things to watch. Just hope it isn't so bias. Kings got away with a ton of penalties. Lamesause

Before the game even starts, I bet I can accurately predict which team will have the PP advantage based on who is officiating.

I've gone through every reg season game to see how each official has called games. It's disgusting how some officials have 'very clearly' called against Nucks in every game.

O'Rourke (tonights official) doesn't like the Canucks. Short of the Bos game in Jan, O'Rourke calls against the Canucks almost every game he officiates. Tonight is no different.

There are 8 other officials who hate the Canucks: O'Hallaran, Peel, Walsh, Watson, Sutherland, Kozari, Joanette, Leggo. Keep your eye out for these tools.

Well I didn't like the Kesler and lappy calls, however with that being said we played a very sloppy game and honestly we weren't prepared

Obviously the team beef up didn't work (so far) and La was ready to play... On the other hand only a few players were ready to play for us.

I really think that Kesler's penalty cost us the game. It rarely gets called when it's done at a much worse level, however it gets called in the 1st game of the playoffs... The playoffs...

However if Canucks came out strong and generated something off the two power plays... Or any power plays for that matter, we would have had a better chance.

At the end the team lost and they need to be better.... way better or we will not see round two.

I am curious wtf happened with our team chemistry compared to last years playoffs? Just seems that every player is struggling one way or another.

Archived