The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Failure In Coaching

*Buzzsaw*

Not one game, has been happening for the entire second half of the season.

The rest of the league has studied our old PP and knows exactly what we are going to do.

AV and his coaches need to change it up and find a new way.

Having a PP which delivers success about 5% of the time is not acceptable.

Can't help wondering at which point we, the fans, will be mature enough to say "bad game, forget about it, let's win the next one". It is Game 1 and some of us are asking for the coach to be fired.

Yes, Kes needs to grow up a bit (I agree with Buzzsaw), but we probably need to grow a lot more as fans. This is a tough trophy to win and the team needs support more than anything else. With such tepid supporters, always ready to point fingers and call for someone's head, our journey may be shorter than we would like it to be.

Don't get me wrong, I am not asking people to turn a blind eye to what is not working, but a little bit of wisdom has never killed anyone.

Just my 2c.

Only one team beat the Canucks tonight... the Canucks.

It's difficult to tell who they are playing for. Somebody needs to take control.

Lu has taken a lot of stick this season. Yet, he is the only one who played, and played well, for the full 60 minutes.

Kesler is way better than what we are seeing. He needs to recall his Dad's advice, quit the yapping and PLAY the game.

We all know they are capable of way more.

in all honesty i checked the depth chart on the canucks site today, saw the lines, and immediately thought were losing this game.

i hate the fact i was right but really, raymond on top line! when during the season did he play well enough to even consider putting up there? we were doing really well with lappy up there, shouldnt have changed what was working, playoffs or not. id say thats the only coaching issue. the powerplay has struggled but going right after the coaches for that is a little drastic, the players need to step it up if anything and they surely will when danny comes back.

AV was not coaching behind the bench. He should have stopped the non stop marching into the box during the game. Raymond is always a useless guy on the top two lines but a useful guy on the 3 or 4 th lines. Move Lapierre to the top line and Higgins to the second line in game 2. Drop Raymond to the third line and Vancouver will have a more balanced forward lines.

in all honesty i checked the depth chart on the canucks site today, saw the lines, and immediately thought were losing this game.

i hate the fact i was right but really, raymond on top line! when during the season did he play well enough to even consider putting up there? we were doing really well with lappy up there, shouldnt have changed what was working, playoffs or not. id say thats the only coaching issue. the powerplay has struggled but going right after the coaches for that is a little drastic, the players need to step it up if anything and they surely will when danny comes back.

people who say "it's only one game" and "look we had the best record in the league" are blindly ignoring that the canucks have played very poorly this year....just because u win a game doesnt mean u played well.....like AV likes to say, the process isn't there right now....and yes i agree the canucks were thoroughly beat by LA tonight, starting from coaching on down....

people who say "it's only one game" and "look we had the best record in the league" are blindly ignoring that the canucks have played very poorly this year....just because u win a game doesnt mean u played well.....like AV likes to say, the process isn't there right now....and yes i agree the canucks were thoroughly beat by LA tonight, starting from coaching on down....

The coach didn't trade away one of the few sources of secondary scoring the Canucks had for a overrated, dumb as a rock, not Nhl ready player at the deadline. That was Gillis.

If you want to trade Hodsgon you have to get something better back than Alex Stojanov2.0. Like perhaps a proven NHL'er who could actually help the Canucks in the next couple of years while the window of opportunity is open.

Archived