Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Richards Hit To Head On Burrows

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
33 replies to this topic

#31 Samuel Påhlsson

Samuel Påhlsson

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:30 AM

Kesler should be taking notes on how Richards played last night. The boys will get er going friday night I'm sure. Also I'm hoping to see some intense battles between Richards/Booth.

SYvE9NH.gif

#32 suolucidir

suolucidir

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,221 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:34 AM

Yup. He needs to be more aggressive and worry about his own job. Leave the refs alone.
PSN: CloakOfSkill

Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists somewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

It bugs me when people pull out the gold medal for an example... Luongo only had to outplay Brodeur.

#33 Boudrias

Boudrias

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,165 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:43 AM

Just ought to say that I was more put off by a few tings the Canucks did than by the physical play or the work level the Kings put forth. Let me also say I love being a Canucks fan but I'm not beyond being able to see certain things that personally I think the Nucks can do without

1) Ryan Kesler undisciplined play. We all know he's got a big heart and a high compete level but I was surprised by his snow-shower move on Quick after the whistle, as well as put off by some of the other antics with the other centres and the head snapping, and the oversold somersault trying to draw penalties. Seriously, this crap is old, I wish he would play like he did in Nashville- I know he's been injured but to say he requires those antics to be successful does not say much for a guy with his skill level. Disappointed with that. Also I'm tired of hearing all the sniping from other teams about how arrogant/annoying the Canucks are and this crap really throws the credibility as a legit winner under the bus. If we need antics to win, I believe we don't deserve to win.

2) Bitz targeting the head. Ok- his role is to hit, his role is to make momentum, but for a guy who isn't always going to be in the lineup he could (should) have been a little more careful. By the replay it looks like he had a good 2-3 seconds to target the shoulder from the inside instead of stapling the guy's head to the glass guaranteeing some kind of call. Whether or not the refs should have called the hit to Burr why give the refs an excuse to call a penalty? See also Kassian's late and obvious hit on Greene.

Nucks have much more in the toolbox and I would love to see them go the distance without giving any of the league's crybabies any ammunition with which to criticize..

Worth a + ! Well said. This was a roster talking about last year's experience making them smarter. Kesler lost it for awhile and perhaps AV should have sat him down for a shift to cool him off. The lost focus of most of the forwards let the LA d-core off the hook IMHO. Anticipating a 7 game series I thought the physical play in the LA should have continued.

#34 snucks

snucks

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,701 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:51 AM

I don't think the Bitz elbow even contacted his head. When they showed another angle his elbow was not up that high, but it from first angle we saw it looked worse. The hit to Burrows was far worse. Burrows might have recieved a concussion there but got up and skated to the bench.

The refs always call the first game of the platoffs brutally. They are trying to set the tone . Is called game management or series management. Its what they are told to do. Even babcock said it last night, Some thing like "well the refs want to play the game too". He was clearly not amused bwith there officiating. Thing is why not call it evenlly.

Vancouver is hated and they need some toughness, not just Bitz, or an inexperienced Kasssian. They also need a coach that knows how to coach in the playoffs. The Canucks played well for the first 6 minutes; then why did they stop hitting? From then on the Kings had em. I blame AV for the loss. He is ultimately responsible and can't just shrug his shoulders and blame the team.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.