The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hand Passes Vs. Intentional Kicking/ "redirect" Passes

Phil_314

I really don't understand why kick passes like the one Jeff Carter made to Dustin Penner should be allowed when Kes' alleged hand pass is illegal. Think about it-- both are INTENTIONAL, deliberate passes made in hopes of creating scoring chances (don't say Jeff's pass was coincidental, he stopped up and aimed the blade of his skate to redirect the puck to Penner <_<). If the league's rules are that passes from the hand can only be dropped onto the player's own stick and not to their teammates', then why should these "deflections" which "just happen" :rolleyes: to land on a teammate's stick be allowed? That allowed pass was the turning point of the game.

#LeagueNeedsConsistency

I really don't understand why kick passes like the one Jeff Carter made to Dustin Penner should be allowed when Kes' alleged hand pass is illegal. Think about it-- both are INTENTIONAL, deliberate passes made in hopes of creating scoring chances (don't say Jeff's pass was coincidental, he stopped up and aimed the blade of his skate to redirect the puck to Penner <_<). If the league's rules are that passes from the hand can only be dropped onto the player's own stick and not to their teammates', then why should these "deflections" which "just happen" :rolleyes: to land on a teammate's stick be allowed? That allowed pass was the turning point of the game.

#LeagueNeedsConsistency

Why are you allowed to use your head in soccer but not your hands.

In American Football why can't you kick the ball to a wide receiver but you can score by kicking the ball?

I feel dumber for reading this post and even dumber for responding.

#LeagueNeedsConsistency

Archived