Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* - - - - 2 votes

Hand Passes Vs. Intentional Kicking/ "redirect" Passes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
20 replies to this topic

#1 Phil_314

Phil_314

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,434 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:15 AM

I really don't understand why kick passes like the one Jeff Carter made to Dustin Penner should be allowed when Kes' alleged hand pass is illegal. Think about it-- both are INTENTIONAL, deliberate passes made in hopes of creating scoring chances (don't say Jeff's pass was coincidental, he stopped up and aimed the blade of his skate to redirect the puck to Penner <_<). If the league's rules are that passes from the hand can only be dropped onto the player's own stick and not to their teammates', then why should these "deflections" which "just happen" :rolleyes: to land on a teammate's stick be allowed? That allowed pass was the turning point of the game.

#LeagueNeedsConsistency

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

Jesus LOVES YOU!
2012, meet Matthew 24:36-47!

14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

#2 Denguin

Denguin

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,659 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:17 AM

... I have nothing to say to you.

There was no hand pass from what I saw, yes... but comparing a hand pass to a kick pass is like comparing a flying cow to a water bottle.

#3 .Naslund

.Naslund

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,072 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:24 AM

We lose, Let's blame or complain about EVERRRRRRRRRYTHING except our own play. This is just becoming pathetic guys <_<
Posted Image

#4 'NucKô

'NucKô

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,932 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:26 AM

It is because kicking the puck to someone is harder than throwing it to them.
Posted Image

#5 nucks all the way

nucks all the way

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:30 AM

This is why Van fans are labeled as whiners

Edited by nucks all the way, 12 April 2012 - 12:30 AM.

#6 Wilfred

Wilfred

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,670 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:33 AM

All I have to say is why is there around 5-6 people with the same avatar is you?

#7 Grapefruits

Grapefruits

Fruit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,369 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:36 AM

Its all because the League is against the Cauncks

qrak1x.jpg

#8 NZCanuck

NZCanuck

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:38 AM

Because Carters redirect requires a huge amount more skill. I hate that we lost but wow, what a pass from the skates.

#9 resdog

resdog

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:40 AM

I really don't understand why kick passes like the one Jeff Carter made to Dustin Penner should be allowed when Kes' alleged hand pass is illegal. Think about it-- both are INTENTIONAL, deliberate passes made in hopes of creating scoring chances (don't say Jeff's pass was coincidental, he stopped up and aimed the blade of his skate to redirect the puck to Penner <_<). If the league's rules are that passes from the hand can only be dropped onto the player's own stick and not to their teammates', then why should these "deflections" which "just happen" :rolleyes: to land on a teammate's stick be allowed? That allowed pass was the turning point of the game.

#LeagueNeedsConsistency

Why are you allowed to use your head in soccer but not your hands.
In American Football why can't you kick the ball to a wide receiver but you can score by kicking the ball?

I feel dumber for reading this post and even dumber for responding.
Perception is 9/10ths of the flaw

#10 MariWanna

MariWanna

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:44 AM

Why are you allowed to use your head in soccer but not your hands.
In American Football why can't you kick the ball to a wide receiver but you can score by kicking the ball?

I feel dumber for reading this post and even dumber for responding.

Sums up my thoughts.

BELIEVE

"The more saves you make, the more they rally around you. And you do whatever it takes to keep them believing. That's what a city can do for a goalie, and a goalie can do for a city."

Posted Image

#11 Bobmcbobson

Bobmcbobson

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:03 AM

Your feet are on the ice so much and it can be hard to avoid touching the puck with your feet. How can the officials tell what is an intentional kick and what isn't? Your hands, on the other hand...not so much.

#12 MariWanna

MariWanna

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:09 AM

Your feet are on the ice so much and it can be hard to avoid touching the puck with your feet. How can the officials tell what is an intentional kick and what isn't? Your hands, on the other hand...not so much.

You have three hands?

BELIEVE

"The more saves you make, the more they rally around you. And you do whatever it takes to keep them believing. That's what a city can do for a goalie, and a goalie can do for a city."

Posted Image

#13 thehamburglar

thehamburglar

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,282 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:12 AM

Because a hand pass is a skill you learn when your 1. A redirection of a puck, on your skates to the tape is a good skilled play that I wouldn't want out of the game.
Posted Image

#14 Great Dane 36

Great Dane 36

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:45 AM

soccer using hands, messi fan?

#15 canidiot

canidiot

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:05 AM

i did not see the game. so excusesse meee......a hand pass is not allowed outside the defencive zone, but a kicked pass is.
as long as a kicked puck does not go in the net.

#16 Stark

Stark

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:30 AM

OMG kick passes are legal and hand passes aren't, the NHL is against Vancouver!!! :frantic:

... Seriously though? Smh.
Posted Image

R.I.P. LB RR PD

#17 Canuck or Die

Canuck or Die

Canucks Third-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:45 AM

This is why Van fans are labeled as whiners

What a pathetic and vague criticism. This can be applied to any fanbase.

But then, it's become cool to hate on the Canucks, afterall.
EMBRACE THE HATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We WILL be drinking from Lord Stanley's Cup soon, Canucks Nation!

Posted Image

#18 CaNuCk_in_NzL

CaNuCk_in_NzL

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:04 AM

You have three hands?

Oh ha, I see what you did there. Wittier than the op.
Posted Image

#19 2010Canucks

2010Canucks

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:31 AM

OMG kick passes are legal and hand passes aren't, the NHL is against Vancouver!!! :frantic:

... Seriously though? Smh.

I was kind of annoyed at reading this stupid post, but even more annoyed reading these comments... What are you 12? Exactly why Vancouvers fans have a bad name ^

btw, he never once mentioned anything about the nhl being unfair to Vancouver he was just talking about the rules.Thought I would clear that up for you, cause clearly YOU'RE 12...

Edited by 2010Canucks, 12 April 2012 - 03:33 AM.

#20 Linden16Mclean1fan

Linden16Mclean1fan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,405 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:08 AM

#LeagueNeedsConsistency

Whining about this rule is like whining about why here is offsides or icing or any of the basic hockey rule or why the game is played on ice. It's not a "league" rule. It's a hockey rule that is consistent with every rulebook. It's also common sense. The puck is on the ice more than it is in the air. If kick passes aren't allowed, how many times are you stopping the game just because of it. It can be pretty hard to tell an intentional kick pass whereas it's pretty simple to time when someone is making a hand pass.

I truly wonder if this would ever come up if the situation was against the Kings rather then the Canucks.
Go Canucks GO!!
It's Ron 'Freaking' MacLean, people!!

"Johnny Shot Bothsides was shot in the back on Friday.."

#21 Stark

Stark

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:00 AM

I was kind of annoyed at reading this stupid post, but even more annoyed reading these comments... What are you 12? Exactly why Vancouvers fans have a bad name ^

btw, he never once mentioned anything about the nhl being unfair to Vancouver he was just talking about the rules.Thought I would clear that up for you, cause clearly YOU'RE 12...

Yes, I'm clearly 12. Apparently you're as stupid as OP, as you don't understand sarcasm or mocking a "conspiracy". No, Vancouver fans have bad name because a good majority of our fanbase is composed of idiotic, whining morons who don't seem to understand anything (including a joke) and must resort to calling other people a child because they cannot come up with a genuine argument.

Let me clear it up for you, it was a joke. Sense of humour, get one.
Posted Image

R.I.P. LB RR PD

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.