The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What Changes Would You Make To Our Lineup For Game 2 (If Anything)?

Mag is not a good idea - Alberts (and Ballard if healthy) are before him in the depth chart. Tanev was fine - the whole team lacked cohesion.

The problem tonight was not a lineup or coaching matter, it was getting drawn off the gameplan...

A weak snowshower call (but also, Kesler lacked focus), a couple of bad luck delay of game penalties, ppg, a bad hit that cost a major and another pp goal...the game was off-track...

Kings played a good game, Canucks had a braincramp.

Game two - time to write a different story.

With Daniel back:

Daniel-Henrik-Lapierre

Burrows-Kesler-Booth

Higgins-Pahlsson-Hansen

Raymond-Malhotra-Kassian

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Edler-Tanev

Rome-Salo

Luongo

Without Daniel:

Burrows-Henrik-Hansen

Booth-Kesler-Kassian

Higgins-Pahlsson-Lapierre

Raymond-Malhotra-Weise/Bitz/Ebbett

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Edler-Salo

Alberts-Tanev

Luongo

Reunite Bieksa with Hamhuis. That pairing of Juice and Edler scares me.

That's really it, barring the return of Daniel and Ballard, as well as the possibility of a Bitz suspension. The line-up's great, it was the flopping and sloppy play that was just embarrassing tonight. It's like a smart person doing a stupid thing. Doesn't mean they are that way, it was just an uncharacteristic event.

Oh wait...put Schneider in net.

jokes lulz

:bigblush:

Take useless Raymond out of the top 2 lines. Lapierre who played well, created lots of time and space for Hank with his physical play and scored a few goals should replace Raymond on the top line. Higgins should rejoin the once powerful AMEX line. Raymond's good defensive play and speed should fit in the 3rd. Moron AV has to make the move quick to give 3 more balanced lines or else it would be a short series. Hello AV, Mac is waiting for you to give him your job.

if anything i would sit edler for a game. i know, it seems rash, but he was terrible tonight and seemed to have absolutely no drive. i'd probably only do this if ballard was available. if not, slot edler on the bottom pairing and limit his time. i don't think m.a.g. would be much better, and wouldn't take the risk. seriously though, go back and watch the highlights and you'll see how sluggish elder was and how many errors he made. and for the record, i'm not an edler hater, he just seems not to care as much at times (perhaps it's his way of confronting nerves, idk).

there were some other weak points (obviously), but edler was by far the weakest and as one of our top four d-men, he needs to have a fire lit under his arse. but ya, all this clearly imo.

What, if any, changes should be made to the lineup for game 2?

Here's a few I was thinking of:

1) MAG in, Tanev out (for a game just to see how it works out): Tanev really didn't do so hot today. And I know MAG's suspect defensively, but could it be the boost the PP needs? Also, Rome played a decent game today, so I think it would make less sense to scratch him.

2) Try Kassian/Booth with Hank and Burr: Both of our 2 powerforwards had a pretty (relatively) solid game tonight. Kassian's really providing the toughness we were looking for in him, love the way he was getting into it with Greene today. And Booth seems like he's got a lot more jump in his stride.

I'm actually leaning towards moving Booth up in this one. I know it makes sense to have the Kessing Booth together, but let's face it, those 2 haven't really gotten it done on a line the past dozen games. Raymond can be slotted on the wing with Kes.

if anything i would sit edler for a game. i know, it seems rash, but he was terrible tonight and seemed to have absolutely no drive. i'd probably only do this if ballard was available. if not, slot edler on the bottom pairing and limit his time. i don't think m.a.g. would be much better, and wouldn't take the risk. seriously though, go back and watch the highlights and you'll see how sluggish elder was and how many errors he made. and for the record, i'm not an edler hater, he just seems not to care as much at times (perhaps it's his way of confronting nerves, idk).

there were some other weak points (obviously), but edler was by far the weakest and as one of our top four d-men, he needs to have a fire lit under his arse. but ya, all this clearly imo.

I'd leave things as they were when the team was winning, lapierre back to top line and raymond on 2nd. If the team can stay out of the box, they have a good shot at winning. Controlled the tempo quite well and I would say had a good edge even strength tonight. No need to really change things too much as this game isn't indicative of whether lines are good or not but I still dont like raymond on the top line that much.

Could throw in MAG or ballard in place of rome though since the kings dont really seem to be that tough a team so don't need rome's physical presence as much

We are missing Ballard, that's for sure. I don't care what our record on closing games was, we miss his grit, composure and speed.

Also, I'm sick of saying this but can Booth lift his xxxxx head up now and again. It's all right looking flashy and eye-catching but I lost count of the number of times a sideways pass would have been more dangerous............I'm really getting sick of his selfish approach. Last night Kesler AND Raymond were passing but still Booth doesn't get the message. He is going to hurt this team if he doesn't change his ways. Put him up with Burrows who he should model himself on.

But for Lu we would never have been in the game up to the end. Bitz is out of his depth and these playoffs are a year too early for Kass.

I would try Gragnani instead of Bitz and bring back Weise. Hopefully we will get Daniel back soon.

Booth - Sedin - Burrows

Higgins - Kesler - Raymond

Lapierre Pahlsson Hansen

Gragnani Malhotra Weise

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Edler - Salo

Ballard - Tanev

burrows - h sedin - lapierre

ebbett/raymond - kesler - booth

higgins - pahlsson - hansen

weise - malhotra - kassian

they shouldn't have taken lappy off the top line in the first place, that line was great together .you take him off the first line then what you end up with is 2 less effective lines ...besides kes & booth with their style of play, will get it going soon.. regardless.

you can tell that lappy and burr have a bit of chemistry ,they are constantly talking together on the bench and hank seems more at ease with them. i say ebbett may be the better fit in the second line as he would be willing to set up kes & booth then be quick to pounce on the rebounds although i'd try raymond too, maybe let them compete for that spot.

3rd line stays the same.

with the 4th line i like the idea of having more of a physical element .

bitz will probably get a suspension. i like his physical play but he is a defensive liability, clearly he was not capable of holding his position on the 1st line and we just have better options then him for the 4th line. maybe when push comes to shove we can try him again on 4th line.

Archived