The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What Changes Would You Make To Our Lineup For Game 2 (If Anything)?

We are missing Ballard, that's for sure. I don't care what our record on closing games was, we miss his grit, composure and speed.

Also, I'm sick of saying this but can Booth lift his xxxxx head up now and again. It's all right looking flashy and eye-catching but I lost count of the number of times a sideways pass would have been more dangerous............I'm really getting sick of his selfish approach. Last night Kesler AND Raymond were passing but still Booth doesn't get the message. He is going to hurt this team if he doesn't change his ways. Put him up with Burrows who he should model himself on.

But for Lu we would never have been in the game up to the end. Bitz is out of his depth and these playoffs are a year too early for Kass.

I would try Gragnani instead of Bitz and bring back Weise. Hopefully we will get Daniel back soon.

Booth - Sedin - Burrows

Higgins - Kesler - Raymond

Lapierre Pahlsson Hansen

Gragnani Malhotra Weise

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Edler - Salo

Ballard - Tanev

Please tell me you are joking? You know Gragnani is a defenceman right?! And putting Tanev and Ballard together? Have people forgotten that Ballard is a turnover machine? And you expect the rookie to clean up after him. Line up fail!

i'm not sure how much patience the coach has but i think it's possible he will reunite the amex line for game 2, if not then definitely game 3 if they lose 2 in a row. now some would say to keep the 3rd line together but the truth is our offense is a little thin to spread over 3 lines without daniel. i say coach loads up the 1st and 2nd lines and maybe tries ebbett or raymond on the 3rd line . although we only lost the first game i feel we need to make this move ...the coach knows the magic lappy did on the first line with burr and hank and everyone knows what the amex line can do. this is the right approach i'm hoping it's done for game 2 rather then hold off till game 3. we are not as deep without daniel and we can't pretend we are.

BURROWS - H SEDIN - LAPIERRE

HIGGINS - KESLER - BOOTH

EBBETT/RAYMOND - PAHLSSON - HANSEN

WEISE - MALHOTRA - KASSIAN

Reinprecht up and on the 3rd line and Balard and Alberts 3rd pairing.Cassian gets 1 more game and if he doesn't contribute then he sits.

Lappy Hank Burrows

Booth Kesler Higgins

Hansen Pahlsson Reinprecht

Ebbet Malhotra Cassian

Bieksa Hamhuis

Edler Salo

Ballard Alberts

I want Raymond in the press box if he's going to be his usual, infuriating self again. Watching him skate away from the net, take shots from the outside, and fall down if/when he reaches a corner got old a long time ago.

Have you been watching the games this season or are you still in a biased "pre Ballard on his right side" mode? As for Gragnani, of course I realise he is a defender, however if he can't put on a better show on the 4th than Bitz last night I'll eat my left one.

Gragnani is ultra offensive, has good speed and hands and a decent shot .............Bitz is......zzzzzzzzzz

You qualify for the blinded by bias and lacking in imagination FAIL my friend.

Put Newell Brown up in the rafters and have him just watch how play develops with a headset. Have AV simplify the power play.

In the offseason fire Brown.

Lapierre H.Sedin Burrows

Higgins Kesler Booth

Reinprecht Pahlsson Hansen

Ebbett Malhotra Kassian

Raymond sits for the first round.

Hamhuis Bieksa

Edler Salo

Ballard Tanev (If Ballard can play, other than that Rome)

AV needs to realize that the first line is not the place where you slot slumping guys to try and get them going. I have no idea what MayRay has done to deserve first line duty but all he does is drag everyone on the line down. He is basically the anti-Higgins. Lappy was perfectly effective on the first line and actually produced. I would put Lappy on the first and MayRay on the 4th line. If he's not going to score, he might as well be playing with players who aren't expected to.

Booth was flying tonight btw. Maybe it's time he got a shot with Henrik.

Reinprecht  up and on the 3rd line and Balard and Alberts 3rd pairing.Cassian gets 1 more game and if he doesn't contribute then he sits.

Lappy Hank Burrows

Booth Kesler Higgins

Hansen Pahlsson Reinprecht

Ebbet Malhotra Cassian

Bieksa Hamhuis

Edler Salo

Ballard Alberts

No thanks to MAG

Daniel in?

Dank, Hank Burr

HIggy Kes Booth

Ray Palhl Hans

Lappy Manny Wiese

(could flip Raymond & Lappy?)

4th line was not good enough last night. stuck in their zone too much.

AMEX line rocks

Daniel out?

Put Kassian on line 4, Lappy up to line 1

Bieksa Hammer

Edler Salo

Tanev Rome

Tanev was fine last night

Juice and Edler are too casual together, defensively careless. Lou saved them a lot.

Lou was great in net.

Stay out of the f n penalty box.

I noticed some things tonight that i was hoping would dissappear in the scp but didnt.

Problem number 1. On line 1 henriks line mates were not getting themselves in position to receive a pass and it ended up with hank deking himself into a corner. Having a great playmaker like hank was a waste and rendered the first line useless.

problem 2 our second line still has no chemistry. while i liked booths physical effort i thought he played as an individual and didnt use his linemates. he would often just shoot the puck immediately upon getting an opportunity. he needs to play with more patients and stop shooting when he has a very low chance of netting it. at least 50% of the time you will end up losing posession when you do that. kesler and raymond also play as individuals and they do n ot utilize each other nearly enough. especially raymond does not work on that line. i understand the logic by av of playing raymond because of his attributes but I think its time he sits because he does not fit in to the third or fourth line either.

problem 3 diving....i was embarrassed

problem 4 especially in the first period we had alot of defensive zone breakdowns. this is the playoffs?

you can look to problems 1 and 2 if your wondering why our pp sucks.

The big question is why are we playing like this? our pp and offense started to dry up long before Daniels injury.

Im concerned that i have heard at least three players in the last nonth comment on mental fatigue from the long run last year.

last nights loss was not a lack of physical effort but a team that for whatever eason was not mentally prepared for this game. If we do not develope some fluent chemistry on our top 2 lines we will be done.

with danny

burrows hank lapierre(passer and grit)

booth kes danny(skill and grit)

higgins pahlson hansen (got it right)

reinprect manny weise(speed and grit)

without danny

burrows hank lapierre

reinprecht kes booth

higgins pahlsson hansen

bitz/ebbett manny weise

or something like that....AV KNOWS HIS GUYS BEST!GO CANUCKS GO!

Archived