The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kesler's Antics

CoreyPerry

But the question remains ..."who are the real Character guys on this team? All the great teams had them ... Heck the great islander teams were FULL of them. Think names like Gillies, Nystrom, Tonelli, Trottier ...

Kes?

Burr?

Sedin? (pick either one it makes no diff)

Bieksa?

the honest answer is that there isn't even one. Not close

Super talented team destined to fail. No heart.

Ummmm we made it to game 7 of the Stanley Cup finals. Most of them are Character players. You don't win back to back Presidents trophy for nothing. You need Character guys to do achieve such difficult goal. The last team to do this was none other then the Detroit Red Wings. I know it's a playoff game, but I'm damn proud of the them for winning the Presdents trophy 2 years in a row. Of course I am after the STanley cup, and yes, and I believe Kesler is a character guy, it's just one of those nights were his emotions got the best of him. He probably knows it too. He will play different on Friday. Mark my words.

Kesler's snow shower made him look like an adolescent in minor league.

How old is he anyway?

I think they were bored.

Hell - I was bored...

My take is that Vancouver needed an excuse to make it plausible that LA could beat them.

13 penalties in a playoff game makes me laugh my ass off.

Then this garbage about Henrik not being able to play because of the penalties.

All you do is say "Henrik - you're on"

Then Danial is out when he's healthy enough. Saving him's probably not a bad idea.

Luongo could get four shutouts against LA - this is garbage.

Stoll skates in with a team mate in the slot and he shoots a low percentage shot on a tiny piece of open net on Lou's glove hand.

Pass the puck. Lou was kind enough to leave a wide open net - pass it to the player looking at it.

Carlyle's played LA off against each other and they're more in competition with each other, than with other teams.

LA passes the puck and they'll find they can score again.

My opinion is Carlyle and Boudreau got fired for this kind of crap with OV.

Boudreau trying to sweat his only player that's playing hockey.

Dimwits.

Now Carlyle will bring his fear motivation to Toronto.

At least TO will win the lottery next year after they supremely tank.

AV's all smiles like he's good with this first game.

He's gotta be on crack.

This is where in a normal situation the coach would be upset.

What a farce.

If they lose to LA I'll be all smiles and AV will be looking for a job.

Time to play hockey Vancouver.

The hell with proline - get these guys out of the way and rest up for bigger challenges.

I thought after last year Vancouver would be ready to play serious hockey.

Dumping the puck in the stands is about as limp as it gets.

But the question remains ..."who are the real Character guys on this team? All the great teams had them ... Heck the great islander teams were FULL of them. Think names like Gillies, Nystrom, Tonelli, Trottier ...

Kes?

Burr?

Sedin? (pick either one it makes no diff)

Bieksa?

the honest answer is that there isn't even one. Not close

Super talented team destined to fail. No heart.

No it wasn't a dive you're right, but you can't say he didn't embellish, since he actually threw himself to the back of the net after the incident had happened.

That said i'm not grouping Luongo into the players who were flopping all over the ice last night. Everyone knows who they are.

Kesler really needs to smarten up. And not just him, others too. Cut out the diving and whining and please PLAY HOCKEY. What happened to the mentality from last year. Hopefully AV gives those guys a wake-up call. Game 2 will be interesting.

Speaking of wastelands "real deal".... Los Angeles - a city where no city should be - there is no there there - no water - no reason - and there should be no hockey team there either - the best player ever born in the city of Los Angeles - who would that be?

Take your pick - here are the three all-time NHLers born in Los Angeles....

Brian Salcido - 2 games played, 1 assist

Garrett Stafford - 7 games played, 2 assists

Brett Sterling - 30 games played, 9 points.

Maybe they want to take that and tweet it.

@ tearloch:

My point was more of a response to the other posters statement of " there shouldn't be a team in LA."

LA was good enough of a city for Wayne, the greatest player at the time and of all time, who had won four cups at that stage and could have won more, to go to.

Bruce's record had nothing to do with it.

His do you know Wayne is depressed? Privy to his doctor? Even if he is, he has led our country to hockey victory on the world stage, and is responsible for spawning the NHL in the Yankee market including two other teams in California alone.

I've spent my whole life in this city but see no point in taking pot shots at other ones.

Let the on ice play do the talking. Cos do far that's all this team has done in game one.

Avalanche fan from BC here, goes without saying that I hate the Canucks. When I clicked on this thread I was expecting to see the OP get attacked by a bunch of people claiming the Canucks were not diving and that the refs were against them. But, I was pleasantly surprised to see that is not the case.

I think this may have helped some of you gain some perspective about how fans from every other team view the Canucks, and it definitely added some more fuel to my Canuck-hating fire.

With that said, I am very glad to see all of you looking at your team without homer glasses on, very refreshing; it is nice to know that there is a part of the fanbase that is worthy of some respect.

I still hope Vancouver loses, but well done to those of you who have chosen to look at the situation for what it is.

I hope no one is offended by anything I said, I'm not trying to stir anything up. I am just a passionate Avalanche fan who doesn't like the Canucks.

Game 2 should be a good one! Good luck.

Avalanche fan from BC here, goes without saying that I hate the Canucks. When I clicked on this thread I was expecting to see the OP get attacked by a bunch of people claiming the Canucks were not diving and that the refs were against them. But, I was pleasantly surprised to see that is not the case.

I think this may have helped some of you gain some perspective about how fans from every other team view the Canucks, and it definitely added some more fuel to my Canuck-hating fire.

With that said, I am very glad to see all of you looking at your team without homer glasses on, very refreshing; it is nice to know that there is a part of the fanbase that is worthy of some respect.

I still hope Vancouver loses, but well done to those of you who have chosen to look at the situation for what it is.

I hope no one is offended by anything I said, I'm not trying to stir anything up. I am just a passionate Avalanche fan who doesn't like the Canucks.

Game 2 should be a good one! Good luck.

Archived