The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kesler's Antics

CoreyPerry

I am sure that the coaching staff noticed it too. I hope it comes up in the dressing room but I think it will. They all read CDC right?

On a side note, at 26 seconds of that clip is the L.A. player...Uhm...simulating self gratification in Keslers direction? Even they know kes's move was for wankers.

It was embarrassing. I know we as fans try to defend the Canucks whenever we can but they make it real hard sometimes. Kesler's antics today were just shameful. I was at the game tonight and when he did that somersault everyone just kind of looked down instead of hollering for a penalty. I can't believe he even had that audacity to whine to the refs after that. He was especially frustrating tonight. Henrik dove a couple of times tonight too. Just sick of seeing this crap from them. They should be above this.

Looked the fall/loss of balance was legit but the theatrics afterwards were pretty stupid and it hurts the Canucks more then helps them. I really thought they were over that crap after what happened to them last year when the refs couldn't be bothered to believe that Boston might actually commit a penalty against the Canucks. Besides, THEY CAN'T FREAKING SCORE ON THE POWER PLAY!!!!! So just play tough and you'll get the respect of the officials. For the record I didn't think the Canucks dove anymore last year then any other team did in the playoffs but tonight Kes was embarrassing.

Tonight was the 1st night that I was actually embarrassed to be a Canucks fan. Kesler and Henrik made it so hard to cheer for them. Everything our team is accused of doing was on full display lastnite.

They worst part is that if they just played the way the are naturally talented at playing, they would have walked away with the game, but no; they decide to be the whiny babies.

Team has an identity crisis. We aren't a big, bad team. We should use our speed, talent and depth to win. Not dives and crying.

DISGUSTED.

If Cody was still around, I bet AV would have put him in 2nd line center, and moved Kesler to 3rd line center as a shut down guy. For whatever reason, Kesler can't produce points anymore, nor produce the plays he used to. He hasn't scored a goal in how many games? I lost count. He needs to be benched, but we have no one to replace him.

Guest BuckFoston

Tonight was the 1st night that I was actually embarrassed to be a Canucks fan. Kesler and Henrik made it so hard to cheer for them. Everything our team is accused of doing was on full display lastnite.

They worst part is that if they just played the way the are naturally talented at playing, they would have walked away with the game, but no; they decide to be the whiny babies.

Team has an identity crisis. We aren't a big, bad team. We should use our speed, talent and depth to win. Not dives and crying.

DISGUSTED.

Really not the best way to start the playoffs. This team doesn't learn. The refs aren't going to be on our side at all again this year. It's just stupid.

Play hockey boys, stop the diving, whining antics.

In that regard, Lu has really gotten better. He just plays the game and does his thing now. Even after getting speared by Richards twice in the throat, he had a chat with the ref, but didn't go ape-crap like he used to, and try to embellish to get calls.

Good on Lu, shame on Kes and Hank. This is a bad tone to be setting already.

I thought this same thing when he bumped Quick on that first goal and snapped his head back. I already have to listen to everybody around me rip this team apart and then dive like that all night.

It only took 1 game for Kesler to turn the officials now watch LA cheapshot the crap out of the Canucks with impunity. To js604 if Cody was centering the 2nd line Richards would eat him live in prime time and use his neckbone for a toothpick.

Archived