The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kesler's Antics

CoreyPerry

seems like alot of ppl are piss at kesler and his antics now.. this is a great post on the other forum..

I'm really starting to question Keslers character. Him, Burrows and Henrik Sedin were absolutely embarrassing to watch tonight, seeing them dump themselves on their ass the moment they feel a stick touching their body, then watching them look at the ref right away is just....it's freakin disgraceful if you ask me.

I kept defending the Canucks last year to other teams fans about the diving and whining issue, but i literally can't defend this ridiculous ***** anymore. They hadn't done this all year and then all the sudden game 1 they all turn into a bunch of ****in pu$$ies. It's hard to watch and i shake my head everytime i see Henrik fall or Kesler chirp at the ref.

And what's even more mind boggling is they're trying to get on the powerplay so hard...YOUR POWERPLAY SUCKS BALLS GUYS. What is the bloody point? Making yourself look like tools on the ice and then failing on the powerplay? I'm really not understanding this strategy at all.

I love this team, but what happened to playing hockey ? I almost just want to yell at most of them to stop diving, it's so painfuly obvious.

I was thinking of buying tickets for the game on Friday but after seeing what went down last night I'm pretty sure that now I won't. I can take a loss if it's hard fought honourable loss but last night was anything but. The way this team played the elite teams this years regular season is what they need to get back to.

I was not pleased with Kesler last night and haven't been happy with him for a while.

Was hoping things would be better when he hit DD8 hard to start the game but that was about all we got from him. Very fortunate he didn't get a penalty on Burrows goal.

^^ this please!

I was surprised by the lack of hitting by the Canucks tonight. The last couple years they've come out flying and hitting in the first game like there's no tomorrow. Unless it's one of their strategies to keep less injured.

As for the chirping and diving. I can handle all the chirping. Every team does a fair amount of it, but I really can't stand diving at all. Not in soccer, especially not in hockey. I love the Canucks. I think Kesler is great, but please just play harder and/or smarter and forget about the whining and diving.

The change in attitude will have to come from the players. It is pretty clear from AV and the players that AV lets the "experienced leaders" in the room motivate and figure out how prepare.

I can see value in making them take responsibility but with AV it comes across as too much delegation and not taking responsibiliy.

Kesler IS one of the leaders in that room. If he is going to be a circus act on the ice, like he was last night, how is that going to motivate the team or encourage them to play tough hockey?

Hanks was almost as bad so you have our 2 top "leaders" putting on a pathetic and embarrassing display of embellishing everything they can and whining at the refs after every incidental contact.

Just bloody embarrassing. After defending this tema against all the accusations of this kind of behaviour (even writing to mainstream media about their bias against the Nucks) I feel totally betrayed by the core group.

GIve me Jarome Iginla ove Kesler any day!!

The change in attitude will have to come from the players. It is pretty clear from AV and the players that AV lets the "experienced leaders" in the room motivate and figure out how prepare.

I can see value in making them take responsibility but with AV it comes across as too much delegation and not taking responsibiliy.

Kesler IS one of the leaders in that room. If he is going to be a circus act on the ice, like he was last night, how is that going to motivate the team or encourage them to play tough hockey?

Hanks was almost as bad so you have our 2 top "leaders" putting on a pathetic and embarrassing display of embellishing everything they can and whining at the refs after every incidental contact.

Just bloody embarrassing. After defending this tema against all the accusations of this kind of behaviour (even writing to mainstream media about their bias against the Nucks) I feel totally betrayed by the core group.

GIve me Jarome Iginla ove Kesler any day!!

I still remember when we acquired Booth, I watched him drive through the middle of the ice through two defenders. They hooked and grabbed at him and he kept plowing on through. I was stunned; it had been so long since a player in a canuck jersey did something like that, I'd forgotten what it looked like. He took possession of the puck and drove forward with sheer force of will, and nobody was going to stop him. No one could, and no one did.

He didn't score on the play, but he created a damn good scoring chance and drew a penalty to boot. That is how the Canucks need to play. When they want to win as badly as a drowning man wants to breathe, then nothing will stop them.

Time for the vaunted Canuck "leadership" to step up and get serious .. Kesler and Hank have to focus on hockey .. Richards MUST be challenged for every one of his cheap shots .. failing this, major changes, including coaching, WILL happen in the off season ..

I still remember when we acquired Booth, I watched him drive through the middle of the ice through two defenders. They hooked and grabbed at him and he kept plowing on through. I was stunned; it had been so long since a player in a canuck jersey did something like that, I'd forgotten what it looked like. He took possession of the puck and drove forward with sheer force of will, and nobody was going to stop him. No one could, and no one did.

He didn't score on the play, but he created a damn good scoring chance and drew a penalty to boot. That is how the Canucks need to play. When they want to win as badly as a drowning man wants to breathe, then nothing will stop them.

<p>

I was disgusted.. I even had a hard time cheering for Burrows' goal, and it just snowballed from there. I know Kes is one of our best players(and personally, one of my favorites), but  if I was AV, I would seriously consider benching him for game 2. Give him 4th line minutes if anything. Send a message that this BS won't be tolerated. It does no good.

Archived