The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kesler's Antics

CoreyPerry

The change in attitude will have to come from the players. It is pretty clear from AV and the players that AV lets the "experienced leaders" in the room motivate and figure out how prepare.

I can see value in making them take responsibility but with AV it comes across as too much delegation and not taking responsibiliy.

Kesler IS one of the leaders in that room. If he is going to be a circus act on the ice, like he was last night, how is that going to motivate the team or encourage them to play tough hockey?

Hanks was almost as bad so you have our 2 top "leaders" putting on a pathetic and embarrassing display of embellishing everything they can and whining at the refs after every incidental contact.

Just bloody embarrassing. After defending this tema against all the accusations of this kind of behaviour (even writing to mainstream media about their bias against the Nucks) I feel totally betrayed by the core group.

GIve me Jarome Iginla ove Kesler any day!!

I totally understand if you want to come on here and criticize our team and call them on diving etc. but I really hate the fact that some of you are going on the Bruin threads and apologizing for it and saying what a great team they have. They are even saying well at least some of the nuck fans are sane and verbally demolishing the Nucks. They have made an actual thread just to bash the Nucks and it is beyond me how anyone actually thinks they deserve anything from us in the way of an apology or excuse. Sounds like some Nuck fans are trying to suck up.. I guess maybe they are not true Nuck fans then. Just had to vent.

Sick of it.. Does this team ever learn..?. Its embarrassing and quite frankly we know how this turns out and i am astonished certain players still feel the need to dive and embellish the heck out of everything. So pissed off, we just feed the other teams ammunition and motivation to beat us because of all this stupid crap.

I still remember when we acquired Booth, I watched him drive through the middle of the ice through two defenders. They hooked and grabbed at him and he kept plowing on through. I was stunned; it had been so long since a player in a canuck jersey did something like that, I'd forgotten what it looked like. He took possession of the puck and drove forward with sheer force of will, and nobody was going to stop him. No one could, and no one did.

He didn't score on the play, but he created a damn good scoring chance and drew a penalty to boot. That is how the Canucks need to play. When they want to win as badly as a drowning man wants to breathe, then nothing will stop them.

I remember a game (I think against calgary) where Booth had his stick slashed out of his hands as he was moving the puck along the boards. He didn't look at the ref or hold his hands out to draw attention, he just started kicking the puck instead. The ref called the slashing penalty without the need for all the theatrics. This is what we should expect from Kesler and Hank.

I think a lot of people are forgetting that Kesler factored in on both Canucks goals as well.

Canucks are falling back into the antics that have cost them series against the Blackhawks and Bruins. When you're preoccupied trying to agitate the other team and manipulate the refs, you aren't going to win.

@FarhanLaljiTSN: AV: "Our best PP was the one when we took Alex (Edler) off it. Alex has been a little off. We need him to play the way he can"#canucks

@FarhanLaljiTSN: Asked what he likes about Kesler vs Richards matchup, AV: "I'm not sure I like that matchup. I'm going to think about that one..."#canucks

I know this doesn't sound like much, but it is comming from AV who doesn't usually give up an inch to the media. Hopefully this sparks Kesler and he finally wakes up.

Archived