The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kesler's Antics

CoreyPerry

We lost Danny and that screwed our first line. Henrik was in slumber and Alex wasn't producing. He had to do something to spark them and putting Lappy there helped them wake up. Moving Lappy to the first line caused a mess in 4th line.

Plus.. our 2nd line is still in a slump. He needs someone to help spark Kes and Booth but it seems like no one is the right fit except for Higgins. But AV can't suddenly remove Higgy from the 3rd line because that line has chemistry.

In my opinion, our line-up problem will be fixed the moment Danny comes back (2nd line is still going to be questionable though)..

If this series will be determined by the Kesler vs Richards story line..... I think you have to sacrifice the 3rd line chemistry to light a fire under Keslers Kahonies!!

Lappy-Hank-Burr

Higgins-Kesler-Booth

MayRay-Sammy-Hansen - MayRay impressed me yesterday with his speed, and back checking

Ebbet-Malholtra-Reinprecht - With Bitz being suspended, and that 4th line looking shaky MG should recall Steven

Crosby is Canadian and he's one of the biggest whiners in the league. Stop spouting off bs arguments.

That being said, Kesler needs to focus on playing the game the proper way and stop trying to manipulate the refs, he puts our team at risk and it's embarrassing.

We lost Danny and that screwed our first line. Henrik was in slumber and Alex wasn't producing. He had to do something to spark them and putting Lappy there helped them wake up. Moving Lappy to the first line caused a mess in 4th line.

Plus.. our 2nd line is still in a slump. He needs someone to help spark Kes and Booth but it seems like no one is the right fit except for Higgins. But AV can't suddenly remove Higgy from the 3rd line because that line has chemistry.

In my opinion, our line-up problem will be fixed the moment Danny comes back (2nd line is still going to be questionable though)..

A few weeks ago many were talking about how AV was doing his crazy line juggles to see what worked to be ready for the playoffs.

Now that the playoffs started and the line juggling continues, it just shows me he still has no idea what he is doing. It's like he comes into the room with a hat and pulls some names. If it works, we praise him, what a genius move AV! If it doesn't work (most of the time) we call on him to find a new job.

Bottom line is that these experiments should have been over and done with by now.

i agree. but as it stands right now.

should the lines be at the moment :

burrows sedin lapierre

higgins kesler booth

raymond pahlsson hansen

??? malhorta kassian

when daniels back + fully healthy team

sedin sedin burrows

higgins kesler booth

raymond pahlsson hansen

malhorta lapierre kassian

hamhuis bieksa

edler salo

ballard tanev

Agreed. IN addition, when he accidentally found a good combination with Lappy on the first line, he starts the 1st playoff game by moving Lappy off and replacing him with Raymond!

WTF is the guy thinking?! THis team has been struggling to score so he breaks up the line that has been scoring the most going into the playoffs and "voila" the scoring dries up (except for a couple flukey goals).

After on game, he is already lost as to how to match lines. Can't wait to see how he does in LA when he doesn't have last change!

Diving everywhere?? Well I bet the CBC is happy that their rant fest worked. Even Canuck fans are convinced that the Canucks are the one and only team who would ever stoop to diving and whining to the refs. If anyone here realy believes that then they need to open their flipping eyes. Name a team who doesn't dive and complain to the refs. Just one, please. The vitrol on the board today has become completely ridiculous.

Guest Dasein

Quite honestly I think this is overblown - AV said that he's not sure if he likes matching Kesler up against Richards, not that Kesler is inadequate compared to Richards and can't take him on. It's just that AV is mulling over another option in his matchup game since he has two shutdown centers in Kesler and Pahlsson.

I think AV is thinking of putting Kesler up against Kopitar and Pahlsson up against Richards. Pahlsson pretty much erased Kopitar last night, but i think the biggest threat on Kings is the Richards line. Also, Pahlsson should have an easier time against Richards than Kopitar because Richards is smaller thus easier to contain physically. Further, Richards has good shutdown capabilities, so by having Pahlsson play Richards, we free Kesler up from their #1 shutdown center.

In addition, Kopitar is much bigger and suits Kesler's style of shutdown game well. Kesler always plays well against big offensive-minded centers like Kopitar. Although Kopitar has more offensive talents than Richards, he's not as good defensively as Richards. Thus, as long as Kesler can shut down Kopitar, which he can, he should have an easier time in the offensive zone on the attack than he did when he was matched up against Richards last night.

I think this is a case of AV recognizing that he has options in his line matching and he's willing to experiment and adjust accordingly to what the Kings bring.

Personally, I would like to see AV match Kesler up against Kopitar and Pahlsson up against Richards instead.

Well said, exactly. Same goes with Lu...these two BOTH wear their hearts on their sleeves, DO really over dramatize things but that energy also channels into some great, intense play from them if they reel it in and direct it where it needs to go. Don't look to the refs for help - they're the enemies (too). "Show them" that they're not taking us down by playing around and despite them.

Archived