Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gradin123

Kassian Is Not Nhl Ready!

229 posts in this topic

He fast and is great at protecting the puck. Once he hones his shooting and passing skills to the NHL level with training and learns discipline through experience, then he will be a very very good player. He's not played 6 months and he's under the bus. C'mon

cmon people, PAHLSSON is Hodgson's replacement NOT KASSIAN!!!! and in these playoffs PAHLSSON >>>> HODGSON take that to the bank

Kassian has been protecting the puck extremely well in the corners in the offensive zone, I just think that he needs Lappy back on his line so they can initiate the cycle and maybe feed it into the slot or back to the point,

All his linemates did last game was dump in the puck and hit the d then back off, they need to play a far more puck possession style game. i hate to say it but they should play a similar style to the was the bruins fourth line in the offensive zone, cycle the puck down low, wear out the d, drive the net then get in little johnnys face

He's young and it was his first playoff game so give him 2 more games and see!

If he came up through our system he might be, be as of right now he is not even close.

Kassian was fine - it was a lame call - not a playoff hockey penalty - all of a sudden we are seeing hair-trigger sensitivity and it is odd - not that I am against calling the game properly in the playoffs....

I can just imagine what Kopitar et al would do if matched up against Hodgson....

Great deals MG.

Ignore them all Zack and keep working hard - you are doing fine and will be a star here.

Umm, wrong. Our window is not closing. We've got a solid team with a great development program for our prospects. If anything our window is still wide open with how well we train our prospects. When the Sedins are done, we should have guys waiting in Chicago to step up, as well as Kassian. We're not some garbage bubble team who has one lucky year then drops off to nothing the next year.

So.....you've written off this year's playoffs. And that's ok with you? Because golly gee, there's always next year and we have a big project in our lineup for next year's run?

If Kassian continues to play like a big confused teddy bear who fans like you excuse until next year, then its a no-brainer that we should have kept Hodgson, especially now that Daniel may be out for awhile. We traded our 4th highest scorer, (despite limited icetime) and brilliant playmaker for an immature and undeveloped rookie who looks obviously nervous and UNconfrontational in every scrum.

I say it was a massive mistake on Gillis's part, mostly the timing, not the actual trade. I hope Kassian can prove me wrong.

Just as NHL ready to play a 4th line role as Hodgson was last year, you know, when we went to game #7 of the Stanley Cup Finals.

If boy band sensation Hodgsync was half as good as his fan club thought, Buffalo would have made the playoffs.

Kassian is not ready for the NHL

His skill is not all there yet.

He's got a big frame, but doesn't know how to play physical yet. You could tell yesterday in the game that after receiving the charging penalty, he turned his back in all of the hits that he 'delivered' past that point.

For the record, I originally liked the Hodgson deal and have nothing against Kassian.

Problem is this year Hodgson is a 20 goal man.

If the trade was Hodgson for Stafford this would have made more sense. Pahlsson is only a slight upgrade over Lapierre or Malhotra and after last nights game i think playoff Lapierre might be better than Pahlsson at 34. Did pretty good last year IMO.

This one is on AV...........he never liked Hodgson.

Never liked this deal never will. Hodgson was captain material and would have been 25 when H.Sedin needed to hand over the reigns as top playmaking C. (Now 5'8 Schroeder is this guy????)

If you disagree..... Tell me how this trade makes us better right now........and what good does Schneider do sitting on the end of the bench?

Umm, wrong. Our window is not closing. We've got a solid team with a great development program for our prospects. If anything our window is still wide open with how well we train our prospects. When the Sedins are done, we should have guys waiting in Chicago to step up, as well as Kassian. We're not some garbage bubble team who has one lucky year then drops off to nothing the next year.

Hindsight is 20/20, but i'd rather have traded for Ott

Why do we need so many God damn PWF? Jensen, Booth, Kassian. 3/6 top 6 wingers will be PWF in the upcoming years, are we building Bruins style now?

Hindsight is 20/20, but i'd rather have traded for Ott

Why do we need so many God damn PWF? Jensen, Booth, Kassian. 3/6 top 6 wingers will be PWF in the upcoming years, are we building Bruins style now?

Problem is this year Hodgson is a 20 goal man.

If the trade was Hodgson for Stafford this would have made more sense. Pahlsson is only a slight upgrade over Lapierre or Malhotra and after last nights game i think playoff Lapierre might be better than Pahlsson at 34. Did pretty good last year IMO.

This one is on AV...........he never liked Hodgson.

Never liked this deal never will. Hodgson was captain material and would have been 25 when H.Sedin needed to hand over the reigns as top playmaking C. (Now 5'8 Schroeder is this guy????)

If you disagree..... Tell me how this trade makes us better right now........and what good does Schneider do sitting on the end of the bench?

I agree with some previous threads and probably partially blame this on AV. I still would have liked to have seen them wait till the off-season to make the trade - I highly doubt Hodgson would have refused to play for the team for the rest of the season even if he had asked for a trade. Imagine what we could have asked for at that time, especially for some teams like Toronto looking for some names and Cody being an Ontario kid. Kassian has potential and is slightly behind Hodgson in development (hes younger and a different type of player). Size is one thing but if you have an entire team of scorers, would always take that over just size - keeps the other 'bigger teams' honest having to worry about this player and that player from scoring. Neverless, I still like Kassian as a potential player for the future but would not have made this trade if we 'wanted' to win THIS year. Not everyday, a CHL player of the year is available. With that said, Kassian seems to have a good head and eager to learn - this is all we can ask really from any player and we should definitely continue to support him!!