The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kassian Is Not Nhl Ready!

gradin123

Hodgson would choke in the playoffs like he did last season (one assist in 12 games with -4 rating) and I'd rather have a non-scoring checker. Besides, part of the deal was to get gragnani over sulzer and if you think sulzer is better because he has more points... :picard:

Wasn't Cody on the ice for something like 60-70% of Buffalo's goals against down the stretch? He would have got exposed even more in the playoffs.

Kassian was decent, but he must have been exhausted on a few occasions. How many time did the 4th line ice the puck? Our team was really disorganized - I expect much better on Friday.

Zack Kassian looks like a deer caught in the headlights out there. He simply does not look ready for the NHL right now and whoever scouted him for the Canucks prior to the trade should be fired.

I understand Cody might have wanted out but the Canucks didn't have to trade him now and if they did they really should have got a guy who has more experience and might have actually helped the Canucks in the Playoffs this year and over the next couple of years. I am really starting to get the impression that the only reason Kassian is still making the line-up right now is because if he didn't it would look really bad on Gillis. He has really contributed next to nothing for the Canucks for about a month now.

Maybe one day he will be a solid NHL'er but so far I am been thoroughly unimpressed by his game and he looks more like Alex Stojanov 2.0 than the next Milan Lucic to me.

Yeah he can skate a bit but he just doesn't seem to have a good feel for the game and I have my doubts that he will ever amount to much in the NHL. It seems like the NHL game is just too fast for him mentally if you know what I mean.

Cody had to go, if you don't believe he asked for the trade, and wanted out, then believe that he was stuck behind two superstar centers on the Canucks who are going to clog that route up the middle for years to come. Cody on the 3rd line for 6 years is a total waste of time and talent and money. Buffalo got 3 goals out of him in 20 games, and a total -8 on the plus minus. They got a future star player, for sure, but a guy who is going to cost them a tonne of money after next season, and I don't see them playing right now, when it counts...so one more chance at the playoffs for Buffalo with Cody before his contract balloons and he becomes one of those expensive guys that teams have to decide if they can afford.

So, I am not here to bash Cody...I like the guy and I hope he has a long and great career, I want to watch him play for a long time in the league...but I am here to say the trade was pretty good. Remember we essentially shipped out a first rounder for a first rounder who is a year younger, and then a decent up and coming 3rd round Dman. SUlzer was our 8th dman, not in any way pivotal for the team, and a toss in. He may bloom in Buffalo, all the best to him, but make no mistake, this trade was Cody for Kassian and Gragnani. I think it was a decent trade for both teams.

They say in business, the best deals are where neither side is totally happy at the end the of the day. I think this is one of those best business deals.

Guest The Brown Burrows

Mike Gillis: "this trade is going to help us in the playoff run".

That's what he said...

Not going to mention the future because according to Gillis this trade is supposed to help us now. I know that this trade may benefit us in the future.

You guys are f***ing stupid who don't want Kassian to play. First off, he brings a PHYSICAL presence, something the Canucks lacked last year in the playoffs, and he can CONTROL his emotions, once Daniel Sedin is back, or even for next game, Kassian should be put on the 1st line for a few shifts, we need that physical element and Burrows or Henrik or Daniel DON'T bring it, or as much, and its noticeable. Did you see how Kassian protected his players and his goalie every time Luongo gloved the puck? How many other Canucks players do you see doing that? No one wants to mess with him, and L.A.'s biggest enforcer, Greene, was chirping him the whole game, he wouldn't be chirping any other players because he knows they can't do anything with a physical presence, unlike Kassian, THIS IS WHAT WE LACKED LAST POST SEASON, physical presence, a power forward, if not a few power forwards, we need that toughness to win the Cup, next game the Canucks have got it, GO CANUCKS GO :canucks:

Zack Kassian looks like a deer caught in the headlights out there. He simply does not look ready for the NHL right now and whoever scouted him for the Canucks prior to the trade should be fired.

I understand Cody might have wanted out but the Canucks didn't have to trade him now and if they did they really should have got a guy who has more experience and might have actually helped the Canucks in the Playoffs this year and over the next couple of years. I am really starting to get the impression that the only reason Kassian is still making the line-up right now is because if he didn't it would look really bad on Gillis. He has really contributed next to nothing for the Canucks for about a month now.

Maybe one day he will be a solid NHL'er but so far I am been thoroughly unimpressed by his game and he looks more like Alex Stojanov 2.0 than the next Milan Lucic to me.

Yeah he can skate a bit but he just doesn't seem to have a good feel for the game and I have my doubts that he will ever amount to much in the NHL. It seems like the NHL game is just too fast for him mentally if you know what I mean.

Mike Gillis: "this trade is going to help us in the playoff run".

That's what he said...

Not going to mention the future because according to Gillis this trade is supposed to help us now. I know that this trade may benefit us in the future.

Kassian will be fine in the next year or two. He will not make an impact this playoff run as a 4th liner. He's pretty much in the same boat as Hodgson during last year's playoff run. A non-factor.

I laugh that people say Nucks weren't tough enough. They didn't win last year cuz they couldn't score. And it looks like the PP will fail them again this year unless they make some changes.

I agree completely with the OP. Kassian has looked like a dear in headlights since day 1.

I don't want to keep flogging a dead horse, but the Hodgson trade will go down as one of the biggest mistakes in Mike Gillis' history as GM. He thought he was getting Marcus Foligno instead he got another Oreskovich.

Yeah Bitz really did his job last night, his dumb hit and major cost us the game last night. One thing Kassian does in his limmited minutes is keep the Kings honest not one of them wants go with him they just beak off and skate away.

I liked the way Kassian looked last night. At different points he was clearly getting into the heads of the opposition. His penalty was questionable (I have seen that not called on several occasions).

If he can keep Matt Greene busy with the rough stuff that is a good thing. I would much rather have Kassian out there getting this experience than Dale Weise.

Archived