The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Why Are Jim Hughson & Craig Simpson Anti-Canucks?

Luongo's Soul Patch

Jim Hughson supports the Canucks. Flame fans hate his commentating a lot.

Craig Simpson, on the other hand, seems to always find a need to criticize the Canucks for every little thing they do. I"m not hating on him, but I do find that he tries to pin point a lot of a negatives about the Canucks. He never really talked about the Kings.

Guest BuckFoston

I am not so sure kesler and sedin were diving. Definitely not saying it was due to infraction but our guys were falling all over the place. Kesler was half skating sideways half skating backwards I can believe that he probably tripped homself up. Hank kind of looked like he misplaced his stride as well.

I don’t mind Hughson as he tries to bring unbiased play by play to cbc and hearing “great save Luongo” always brings me back. But Craig Simpson on the other hand just gets under my skin with some of his color commentating. For instance, he always knows what the players are thinking at any giving time. He is like a mind reader out there. I wish he would just stick to giving out interesting pieces of info not telling me what he thinks players are thinking at any given moment. Also he will be “oh that was a good call by the refs”, then they show the replay and I can’t see anything that he is talking about. He seems to favor the refs on most calls no matter who they are against.

I can live with Hughson's commentary but absolutely cannot stomach the perception of blatant bias being given off by Simpson that he's ABC - Anyone But Canucks. His comments last night were finally enough and I switched to listening to 1040 with the TV volume muted. How anyone could possibly say (CBC) that he is a good commentator is beyond me. He seems to think he's some great NHL mind reader knowing at every second what is going through the team's mind. If I'd had to hear "strapped to the bench" or "boxed him out" one more time, I'd have put my foot through the screen and down his throat. I guess I'm going to be listening to 1040 with the volume muted on the TV for the remainder of this series. :(

If you want a biased announcer, go follow Boston.

I actually think Jim and Craig do a good job. They actually do favor the canucks however not so obviously like some announcers. If you can't see them favoring the canucks, you are a homer fan that just wants to here the canucks get praised every second.

Hughson is a great commentator and always tries to be unbiased despite his BC background. Craig Simpson, I can't stand but a lot of his comments yesterday were valid. There were a few where he jumped to conclusions waaaaay too early. Like when Luongo got pushed by a stick in the throat he statrted laughing about how Luongo was trying to sell a penalty. I'm sorry but if anyone that was over 200 pounds pushes a stick into my throat, I'm falling back as well as would anybody.

Yesterday Simpson's comments were justified as the Canucks did dive a lot. However, even when they don't dive he does still assume that they do which is why I hate listening to him.

I did the same thing here, but in the 3rd it seemed like the synching was off. I truly hope Team 1040 fixes it Hugson and Simpson are awful and miss stuff on the ice all the time. Hughson cannot keep p with the play all he does is string the names of the players in a row. But all the little CBC critters come out on threads like this to let all of us know what a great job hnic does. Half the time it takes the first 10 min of the first period for them to figure out how to work the pk countdown clock. The end of hnic cannot come soon enough.

Btw how many teams have to put up with parachuted in commentators in their own market?

The Mtl Canadiens don"t have Hnic in french they switched to RDS (frenchside of TSN) and they no longer have to put up with the minions in TO

If you want a biased announcer, go follow Boston.

I actually think Jim and Craig do a good job. They actually do favor the canucks however not so obviously like some announcers. If you can't see them favoring the canucks, you are a homer fan that just wants to here the canucks get praised every second.

Archived