The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Why Are Jim Hughson & Craig Simpson Anti-Canucks?

Luongo's Soul Patch

Guest gumballthechewy

I don't really pay much attention to the commentary as I'm too busy paying attention to the play, and even if a commentator is being biased does it really matter? It's not the reason a team wins or loses.

Its really all how you perceive comments made by the commentators I guess as last I checked Jim Hughson is Pro-Canucks and Craig Simpson is a great guy to have in the booth. He seems to me to be objective and provides solid explanation as well as narration of whats going on on the ice.

If Simpson spent as much time looking for dives and embellishment by LA as he does for Vancouver maybe I wouldn't hate him so much...But lets face it he doesn't comment once on things LA is getting away with but constantly making remarks like "Oh Vancouver got away with one there" if theres a call he thinks the refs missed, yet he never make the opposite comment. This guy is a hater of the first class, and anyone who defends him is not paying enough attention.

I'm so sick of these guys.

I have never heard such a NEGATIVE color commentator as Simpson, he is the worst ever.

If you listen to him, all he says are negative things about the canucks and positive about LA, he is so biased it is just shameful.

I don't see him as someone overwhelmingly negative, if in the last game you heard negativity for example its because the broadcast does indeed come from more of a Canucks perspective or view. The team had shown flaws and were called on it. Craig Simpson of the many commentators out there is one who provides a lot of insight and has a wealth of information compared to some retired backup netminders in the booth. My opinion anyways of what ive noticed.

Archived