The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Early Exit Could Mean Big Changes For Next Season?

Canuckz101

I am in no way abandoning my Canucks. I really do feel they'll get it together and show the Kings who's the better team over a 7 game series. .....but, let's imagine a scenario where we do get knocked out this 1st round, what will happen going forward as an organization? Will MG feel a need to make some major changes in order to keep his job or will he pretty much stay pat and just make tweaks to the roster and hope we do as well during next season? Do we go with the same core or would we do the unthinkable and actually move some major pieces (blow up) while we can still get good returns for those assets?? One has to think about this because although it has been only one game thus far, it is conceivable that it could happen...just look at Washington's recent playoff history. The NHL these days has more parity and you could say it is more competitive. Any team could beat any other on any given night. What will happen if the Canucks ( God forbid) get eliminated, especially early on???? Besides having a lot of very pissed off fans, what will Canucks' management do this offseason?? Thoughts??

In addition to their top scorer being out, they'll probably mention the short offseason, key players not getting to train properly. Then fire the coach, and try essentially the same group next year with a new voice directing them.

But yeah, it's one game, and despite the egg we laid the Kings still barely won. I'm pretty optimistic still.

I have good news for you: The NHL decided to make it a best-of-seven series, so we haven't lost yet.

Even more good news: We were 60 minutes away from a Stanley Cup last year.

Win or lose, it will not be an overly eventful of season in Vancouver.

Which is why the players shouldn't be thinking about stuff like this. Given that we have to wait till Friday night to have much more to talk about, I don't see why this can't be an interesting discussion. Tired of you "anti-bandwagon" types that think you're not a real fan if you ever include the word Canucks and lose in the same sentence.

If we're out early, I think Kesler might go. Not that he deserves to get sent off, but I don't see the Sedin's, or Edler which leaves Kesler (and Schnider) as the only players we have that could get us a big return.

what a stupid comment...the best coach we have seen in years is AV.PERIOD!the team knows they did not bring their A game ...tommorrow will be different.straight lines to the net...shots on goal...pressure on the puck.take a page out of hansen and higgins book.we will be fine.go canucks go!

Doubt it ..... would probably be the end of AV.

We're close, but you can see we are a piece or two short (mainly a dman for the PP who can log top 4 minutes). I think all of the pieces are attainable.

Doesn't mean we don't' have a chance of contending this year but the guys are gonna have to fight long and hard and we are really banged up with injuries already.

Guest The Brown Burrows

Yes, but I still think we'll win in 6. L.A. will get tired of hitting everything that moves.

Archived