The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Weber Fined $2500 For Hit, Not Suspended

Xbox

I actually don't think it was as bad as everyone is making it out to be.

Also if you think Weber pushing his head into the boards is suspendable what about Kesler spearing/sticking Stoll in the groin?

You simply don't do that to another man unless your life is at risk.

I don't understand how some people don't think of this as a bad hit. I like Shea Weber, I would love for him to be a Canuck but that play is absolutely unacceptable. You just simply cannot take a players head and hit against the glass. People on here saying a SCRUM is no different are stupid. What Shea Weber did put the players health at risk, and his playing career.

I don't understand how some people don't think of this as a bad hit. I like Shea Weber, I would love for him to be a Canuck but that play is absolutely unacceptable. You just simply cannot take a players head and hit against the glass. People on here saying a SCRUM is no different are stupid. What Shea Weber did put the players health at risk, and his playing career.

It was the most blatant, intent too injure, targeting the head that has been witnessed since the beginning of Shanny's rule. When the league doesn't act, thats when players go for retribution. Thats when some one will really get injured and then that player gets suspended and labeled a dangerous player.

If you want to talk about that, feel free to start another topic and make yourself look stupid. Please do that, instead of hijacking this thread with something irelevant. This is much bigger deal, and if it was CAnuck doing it, you probably be all over it comdeming it, and weill probably never hear the end of it. Because it was Nashville Predators no one is going to talk about it.

Archived