The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A Fans Request

Rhinocook

I love this team. I can't wait for game days. I bleed blue and green. I will defend this team from the haters until the end of time..... But I just have one request for the players and the fans

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, don't make it so hard to defend you!!!!! I saw a game last night that the canucks had no business winning or even being close to winning.

I can't defend them when they are diving all over the place! Yes, all teams dive to some extent, but last night was just embarrasing. Get it together and beat them on the score board. The ironic part is that our powerplay is shi**ing the bed right now. We actually had better success generating chances 5 on 5 than we did on the powerplay, so why bother trying to draw calls!

As for all our penalties? Well, 2 pucks over the boards, they have to call those. The hit laid by Bitz? Of course that was a dirty hit. No question. Those that disagree, give your head a shake. Kesler's snow shower..... questionable, but we would have loved it if it was for us and not against us.

For those lemmings that are all leaping off the wagon. Calm down. It's just the first game. Let's hope this is a wake up call and our beloved blue and green come out flying from here on in.... with composure off course as to avoid those boarding calls!

Lastly, Lou. GREAT GAME!!!! I just had a discussion with someone before the game and he was saying that Lou needed to steal game when the team wasn't playing well. Well, last night he came pretty close. He was one of our best players on the ice. Keep it up Lou!

Let's get it together as a fan base and call a spade a spade. We didn't deserve to win and we didn't. Let's move on.

Couldn't agree more, was at the game last night and the Hardest working person from Vancouver was the gril behind me at the top of the stands screaming consistantly for the entire game (was actually pretty impressive). Canucks lost cause half the team didn't show up, not officiating or any other mater plan from bettman or some other unknown force, the Canucks didn't play. Lets just hope that this is a wake up call and we stop the crying, stop the diving and focus on actually showing up for a full 60min +.

From Angry fan that paid way to much to watch one team play hockey.

(although crazy lady did make game interesting)

You're right we need to be better as fans, and the Players need to Man-up and play hockey. a Major contributer to the Hate we all receive was the riot last year. I know we never had good enough support before, but that riot cemented everyone elses belief of hatred towards our fan base. The rest of Canada, and most of us on CDC are embarassed for that scene last year. Gonna take a miracle for us to get the support of others.

As for the Nucks last night:

Before the Edler goal the Canucks had a wonderful shift where they were focusing on offensive pressure. They looked terrific. the one thing I did notice, Especially Booth, they need to hit the Goddamned Net!! Sure Quick is a really good goalie, but we have to get the pucks on net.

I just want to point out that the Burrows goal is highlighted on the front page banner of NHL and Kesler's dive is full frontal in it. There are no words to how embarrassing it is watching him throw his head back at nothing when there is no one anywhere near him to make contact.

I really agree with everything you said, but my worry is this team is actually oblivious to the antics they're showing on the ice as if they did nothing wrong or that they think they came close to winning. Watching Henriks post game interview was really disheartening, it's almost as if they have all this experience in the playoffs and they're doing absolutely nothing with it, maybe even taking a step backwards? Hard to believe.

So we shall find out next game if the Canucks actually learned a thing or two or not...How on earth is it not obvious to these guys that diving is actually making the refs not want to make calls for you? It's bringing everyone down, the fans hate it, i bet a lot of the guys seeing this crap on the bench hate it, and it freakin motivates the other team!!

Enough is enough, if our boys play hockey, all we do is win, but when they do this, all they do is lose and look like a bunch of babies. I just fear they don't know what they did wrong last night.

Completely agree, but you have to admit that we had some pretty bad luck with the delay of game penalties...we were playing well until we got the two 5 on 3 penalties and it all went downhill from there. It really takes the wind out of your sails when you constantly have to kill penalties.

Let's hope the Nucks come to game 2 with a clear mind ready to put the puck in the net rather than just try to keep it out of our own.

you know. Something I didn't mention was the fact that they ALMOST killed off the 5 minute major! That was amazing to watch! I saw that as a very big plus for our boys. Great job and something to build on. 5 minutes short handed is a huge mountain to try and climb and we just about did it. Let's see the positive in that one.

I just want to point out that the Burrows goal is highlighted on the front page banner of NHL and Kesler's dive is full frontal in it. There are no words to how embarrassing it is watching him throw his head back at nothing when there is no one anywhere near him to make contact.

No heart = Loss. Intensity is just not something a team can fake, which Canucks did not have for a long time. I really hope Nucks will wake up soon, cause I really hate the thoughts of no Nucks hockey in May or even June. Fingers crossed.

You're right we need to be better as fans, and the Players need to Man-up and play hockey. a Major contributer to the Hate we all receive was the riot last year. I know we never had good enough support before, but that riot cemented everyone elses belief of hatred towards our fan base. The rest of Canada, and most of us on CDC are embarassed for that scene last year. Gonna take a miracle for us to get the support of others.

As for the Nucks last night:

Before the Edler goal the Canucks had a wonderful shift where they were focusing on offensive pressure. They looked terrific. the one thing I did notice, Especially Booth, they need to hit the Goddamned Net!! Sure Quick is a really good goalie, but we have to get the pucks on net.

Archived