The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What Has The Nhl Become?

Warning slight rant:

What has the NHL become is my question to you guys?

IMO:

The NHL is run by a bunch of idiots, i swear george bush could do a better job sometimes... No respect between teams, no respect for follow players, crappy officating and low league standards all because of Gary Bettman and his crew! It needs to end we need to restore respect and intergrity to are game! Canada's game! oh btw if this keeps up who's ready for a lockout?

What Has To Nhl Become?

the nhl has to become better, but honestly it's really not that bad. when was there ever respect between teams and players? have you seen replays of games in the 70s? was it better 10 years ago? no... cheap shots were worse imho.

i think you're kind of skape-goating bettman. he doesn't decide what respect players have for each other, and the suspensions are by far larger now.

Refs are human. They will miss calls.

Players are human playing a high contact game, they will make bad judgement calls and make mistakes. When deserving, they usually get punished.

Everyone's knock on Bettman is that he wanted to expand the league. His only real mistake was trying to go too far too fast but when it comes to the betterment of the game, expansion is the right way to go.

Seeing as you didn't list any specifics I don't know exactly what you are complaining about, but in terms of respect between players it's much better than it was 10 years ago. Mistakes will always happen with officials, not sure what you want to have done there but it's really not all that bad. Hockey is a sport that's made up of many judgement calls, just because you don't agree with them doesn't mean they are wrong. Sometimes they are, but you can usually make an argument going either way.

Please be more specific than "Stuff is bad and everyone is an idiot", give examples to facilitate discussion.

We all call this new league the BHL... Bettman's Hockey Leaque. Spin off to the WWF. The stats tell the truth such as overtime has gone up by over 300% since Bettman took over. In the regular season I no longer watch games in certain rinks such as Carolina, Florida, Dallas where they have fan issues. Bettman thinks he can alter the reefing just a bit to get wins for those home teams to promote hockey in these towns. What he will never get is that once he looses the core fans the game will go the way WWF went.

We all thought that the WWF was fake but fans went. Once it came out it was fake... well look where it is now.. LOL.

It is now coming out that the reefing is planned by the NHL head office... Gotta love the word that some coaches and TV announcers use, "Inconsistent" LOL,

I use to be a guy that watched all the games on TSN and CBC but now maybe watch 1 a week.

Bettman has ruined the game but on another note he has made my wife happy as I do not watch near as many hockey games.

Don't worry as there will be a Canadian team in the play-offs till the conference finals just because CBC bagged on the NHL for lost revenue a couple years ago. If I'm wrong then "click", I have a lot more free time to get outside.

Remember when you use to see quite a few 4-0 series.. Not any more as the owners run the league and want 6 or 7.....

And now that NBC has signed a 10yr 2 billion dollar deal watch out.....

My 2cents worth... Mars

The first thing that came to my head when I read the title.

What have I become,

My sweetest friend?

Everyone I know,

Goes away in the end.

And you could have it all,

My empire of dirt.

I will let you down,

I will make you hurt...

The first thing that came to my head when I read the title.

What have I become,

My sweetest friend?

Everyone I know,

Goes away in the end.

And you could have it all,

My empire of dirt.

I will let you down,

I will make you hurt...

Archived