The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How Much Did We Pay?

DoItForRaymond

There must've been an intro made for lastnight's game, right? Just wondering how much we paid CBC to make it and then not getting to see one second of it. Sorry, but I was looking forward to seeing it!! I am also pissed off that I didn't get to see the Canucks come onto the ice with all of that intensity with Where The Streets Have No Name playing loudly!!! I truly didn't care to see the Det Nash game! Screw you CBC, screw YOU

How often do you ever see that on a broadcast? Maybe just a glimpse between interviews but that's about it.

Besides, I'm pretty sure the Canucks don't pay the CBC anything. They would make their own intros for in the building and the CBC would make their own intros for the TV broadcast.

How often do you ever see that on a broadcast? Maybe just a glimpse between interviews but that's about it.

Besides, I'm pretty sure the Canucks don't pay the CBC anything. They would make their own intros for in the building and the CBC would make their own intros for the TV broadcast.

Not to get too picky, but the Canucks didn't make the playoffs 4 years ago.

If you are worried about how your tax dollars are being spent, then to answer your question, you would have to look at how much you paid in taxes last year, what percentage of the federal budget goes to the CBC and then what percentage of that subsidy goes to HNIC.

My guess is you will find that HNIC is profitable for the CBC and that none of your tax dollars are going to waste there. So you have nothing to worry about. But if you are still concerned, you should take it up with your local MP.

Counted this year by accident, but anyways - past 3 years.

I think you're getting a bit off topic. The OP isn't worried that much about where our tax dollars are going, just simply saying that he would have liked to see the intro/Canucks taking the ice yesterday. I agree, especially since they showed more of the Det/Nash game than they had to.

Archived